United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2009, 07:47 AM
wiganste

Default Is this place as bad as RAWK for knee-jerk reactions?

Hmmmm.....

Unread 20-08-2009, 07:47 AM
koppas

It's the reason I didn't come on here last night. Oh, and because I had better things to do.

Unread 20-08-2009, 07:50 AM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Hmmmm.....
To be fair the poetry here is much worse.

Unread 20-08-2009, 07:56 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
To be fair the poetry here is much worse.

Can't argue with that

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Its far worse here. Anderson should be sold at 21 years old because he's not good enough, Michael Owen hasnt scored in 2 games so he's not good enough, our midfield is past it, our strikeforce isnt up to it, our defence is shit, our goalkeeper is shit, Fergies tactics are wrong, etc etc.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Its far worse here. Anderson should be sold at 21 years old because he's not good enough, Michael Owen hasnt scored in 2 games so he's not good enough, our midfield is past it, our strikeforce isnt up to it, our defence is shit, our goalkeeper is shit, Fergies tactics are wrong, etc etc.
Better to have fans with lower expecttations than sing "We're going to win the league" because we've stopped losing games.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:11 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I agree with all of that.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:13 AM
mark o

It's possibly worse because of the hypocrisy involved.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:17 AM
hopkins

Bunch of spoilt bastards, because of the success in the last 19 years, who expect us to steamroller every team in a cavalier fashion

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:19 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Bunch of spoilt bastards, because of the success in the last 19 years, who expect us to steamroller every team in a cavalier fashion
Top red.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:28 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Top red.
Have you got Colin Gibsons or Brian Carey's autograph?

I'm gonna out something out there, I have

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:29 AM
carlosartorial

Ste, your Anderson thread was fully justified.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:38 AM
ReligiousRed

Was thinking the same, its been said about this place being a "good place" with "good people" and that i believe is 100% true, my only one problem is the amount of doom and gloom merchants on here, even just after we won our 18th title, 3rd on the trot

I stayed away myself last night because I could sense the ammount of shit I would read from all the "managers" on here, I know looking through rose tinted glasses can sometimes be my problem and that some people have valid points etc but their are a few that lost any respect from me the minute they started talking about how we would not win the league this season.....the day after we won it last

Their is one complete £#%&!ing idiot who I am awaiting a thread from today on last nights game, I will be making a point of not posting on it.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed

Their is one complete £#%&!ing idiot who I am awaiting a thread from today on last nights game, I will be making a point of not posting on it.
ReligiousRed?

Unread 20-08-2009, 09:01 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
ReligiousRed?

Unread 20-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Sorry.

Unread 20-08-2009, 09:02 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Sorry.
It was an open goal tbf

Unread 20-08-2009, 09:20 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Ste, your Anderson thread was fully justified.
Maybe, maybe not. I did that thread out of mischief because there's one or two on this board that can't accept that he's not performing, whilst critisizing others.

I'm not into slagging our team on an internet message board. If I want to sound off, I'll do it down the boozer with my mates - that way you get a reasonable debate without £#%&!wits trying to tell you where Fergie is going/gone wrong.

Some people on here (no names mentioned ) seem to revel in United losing because it gives them ammuniation to start their snoozefest inducing rants that will dedicate a whole thread to themselves.

Unread 20-08-2009, 09:41 AM
My Name is Keith

Are you not over-reacting to the post match over-reaction though Ste?

People moan at football matches and moan on football message boards and have done for as long as I can remember. Alot of the over the top reactions are linked to the fact that most of us have an emotional attachment to the club/team.

A few obviously have agendas which is what I think you're referring to now but it's wrong to suggest any negative reaction on here is agenda driven which is what you appeared to be making out last night.

I mentioned last night that I thought that our midfield was shit and wasn't nearly going to be good enough this season. To be fair, I've now had chance to sleep on it and our midfiled is still shit and not nearly good enough this season.

Unread 20-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Pete's Shoes

Last season Burnley beat Chelsea, Fulham, Arsenal and were extremely unlucky to lose to Spurs. I actually watched a fair bit of them last season. Not many teams will come away from Turf Moor with 3 points and the ones that do will have had to work their %@#$&!s off. Our performance was lacking, granted but Burnley are not the pub team the national media would like them to be
Closed Thread