United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-11-2022, 12:28 PM
armchair

Default Amad Diallo

Scored last night:

Mowbray said: "Ive got total confidence that Amad is a first-team footballer now. His tightness with the ball, the goals he can score, when he breaks away and he dances past people he looks as if he’s sharp and a real talent. It’s taken Amad a bit of time to make an impact, but he’s not a young unknown."

Mowbray added: "Man United bought him from Atalanta for a lot of money and he’s with us to play football and experience the expectation of a big crowd. He’s scored two goals now in just over a week and that’s good for the team because I feel I have unearthed another starter now. He’s gone past the stage where he’s a young lad who needs blooding.”

Unread 03-11-2022, 12:32 PM
flixton

Keeper should have saved it.

Unread 03-11-2022, 12:34 PM
goldfinger II

Thumbs up

Keeper should've saved that weak finish but must be doing something right if the crowd have taken to him.

Great that he the manager there is taking an interest in him.

Unread 03-11-2022, 12:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Weird loan. For a player of his physical size, experience and style of play giving him to Sunderland in the championship probably isn’t the best way to develop in. I don’t know how Sunderland play but I doubt it compliments him

Needs regular games in a league that is less physical. Let him develop naturally through playing regularly. He only just turned 20 in the summer so his body is still getting used to first team football

That being said 2 in 2 games, hopefully he builds upon it and comes back a better player

Unread 03-11-2022, 12:55 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Weird loan. For a player of his physical size, experience and style of play giving him to Sunderland in the championship probably isn’t the best way to develop in. I don’t know how Sunderland play but I doubt it compliments him

Needs regular games in a league that is less physical. Let him develop naturally through playing regularly. He only just turned 20 in the summer so his body is still getting used to first team football

That being said 2 in 2 games, hopefully he builds upon it and comes back a better player
I'd say it's absolutely the right thing to do. He needs to toughen up. Class of 92 were used to dancing past kids of their own age but wouldn't be facing them in the Premier League. Beckham went out to Preston to get experience of stiffer challenges from LBs/LMs and ended up being voted their 7th greatest ever player. Dancing past kids every week in the academy isn't going to help and nor is falling down every week to win free kicks in foreign leagues.

Unread 03-11-2022, 01:11 PM
Joe Biden

Was that Dean hendo Henderson in net?

Unread 03-11-2022, 01:35 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I'd say it's absolutely the right thing to do. He needs to toughen up. Class of 92 were used to dancing past kids of their own age but wouldn't be facing them in the Premier League. Beckham went out to Preston to get experience of stiffer challenges from LBs/LMs and ended up being voted their 7th greatest ever player. Dancing past kids every week in the academy isn't going to help and nor is falling down every week to win free kicks in foreign leagues.
This. Perfect place for him. Needs to learn how to cope with a faster, more aggressive game while also riding bad tackles. Championship is perfect. Especially as that's where he'll likely see out his career.

Unread 03-11-2022, 02:32 PM
RedMenace

Very sensible and encouraging comments from Mowbray. Sounds like it's bringing Amad on which is more than can be said for his stint at Rangers. Whether he's ever going to make it at United is another question but in a worst case scenario he should sell for a higher price if this loan goes well.

Unread 12-11-2022, 09:53 PM
dunk

Unread 12-11-2022, 10:01 PM
windy waffles

Sunderland fans can't believe their luck by all accounts. Supposed to have been superb this past month.

Unread 12-11-2022, 10:40 PM
Seamus

I hope they buy him

Unread 03-12-2022, 03:18 PM
Chris Quayd

Isis did a great job with the production

Unread 03-12-2022, 03:50 PM
armchair

Scored again.

Unread 03-12-2022, 04:26 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Sounds likes he's having a good time there after a slow start. Sunderland look like they're in the fight for the play-offs now.

Will be interested to see what ten Hag makes of him, though I think at the moment he would only be understudy to Bruno as that's his best position in our system.

Unread 03-12-2022, 11:50 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
https://twitter.com/sunderlandafc/st...ThmX90qdlpnYkg

Isis did a great job with the production

Unread 04-12-2022, 01:39 AM
92ToBury

He's doomed. Remember what happened to Lukaku after we stopped singing about his #@&%!?

Unread 09-12-2022, 12:36 AM
92ToBury

Hope our scouts are having a good look

Unread 09-12-2022, 09:49 AM
flixton

FWIW Sunderland played 3 Championship matches in November, winning 2 and losing one. Amad scored 2 goals and made one assist. Pretty meagre fare really. Still, it should give his confidence a boost.

Unread 09-12-2022, 09:56 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
FWIW Sunderland played 3 Championship matches in November, winning 2 and losing one. Amad scored 2 goals and made one assist. Pretty meagre fare really. Still, it should give his confidence a boost.
Woahhhhh there captain buzzkill, this is our answer to a goal problem...

Get on board the amad express ..
Closed Thread