United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 29-12-2022, 10:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Just a load of waffle, the other tweet made it seem like he knew something specific was on the verge of being announced.
Suitably vague to cover his back too.

Aiming for… very soon…

Still, I’ll take the wheels simply being in motion. Just get the £#%&!ers out.

Unread 29-12-2022, 12:46 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Who to?

Latest I heard was Dubai but that was weeks ago. If it’s a done dealio in 1st 1/4 - which can only be a target date - then the preferred party will be known already.
The main sticking point is that club's worth £3-4 billion at the moment and the Glazers think they can get £6-7 billion for it.

A buyer then has to factor in the debt to determine a fair price - while the gimps may have seen it as okay to run with the debt as a vehicle to help them remove money from the club, a "normal" owner wouldn't want to run that way and would want to be able to maximise spend v FFP so wouldn't want debt repayments factored in and constricting the money available.

Then there's the assessment of property - while most is owned, we have a large chunk of the international freight terminal behind OT on a lease until 2071 - with less than 50 years left, and a new stadium may be depreciated/amortised over 100 years (based on current OT being here since 1910) then there's risk involved there. Carrington needs a bit of an overhaul apparently, so there's no doubt investment required.

That's without any potential buyer having to unpick and value/net out the entire structure, including being given access to the financial details of the parts registered in the Cayman Islands and Delaware.

All in all, I think we have to accept a sportwashing owner, whether it's another Saudi owner (who their royal family have said they would not interfere with) or someone like Amazon or Apple would would use us but want us successful, it's got to be better than an FSG or other investment vehicle.

Unread 29-12-2022, 01:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The main sticking point is that club's worth £3-4 billion at the moment and the Glazers think they can get £6-7 billion for it.

A buyer then has to factor in the debt to determine a fair price - while the gimps may have seen it as okay to run with the debt as a vehicle to help them remove money from the club, a "normal" owner wouldn't want to run that way and would want to be able to maximise spend v FFP so wouldn't want debt repayments factored in and constricting the money available.

Then there's the assessment of property - while most is owned, we have a large chunk of the international freight terminal behind OT on a lease until 2071 - with less than 50 years left, and a new stadium may be depreciated/amortised over 100 years (based on current OT being here since 1910) then there's risk involved there. Carrington needs a bit of an overhaul apparently, so there's no doubt investment required.

That's without any potential buyer having to unpick and value/net out the entire structure, including being given access to the financial details of the parts registered in the Cayman Islands and Delaware.

All in all, I think we have to accept a sportwashing owner, whether it's another Saudi owner (who their royal family have said they would not interfere with) or someone like Amazon or Apple would would use us but want us successful, it's got to be better than an FSG or other investment vehicle.
Ah, so you’ve also read the annual report

Unread 29-12-2022, 01:12 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:

Accept a sportswashing owner you say? Abso£#%&!inglutely I will

Unread 29-12-2022, 01:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Accept a sportswashing owner you say? Abso£#%&!inglutely I will
At this stage one that doesn’t want to just won’t do!

In all honesty, we need someone who’s a billionaire and wants to buy the club to make them the best. There isn’t a billionaire out there who isn’t a #@&%!head/asshole , it just can’t be done.

Almost have to accept that a #@&%! will come in . Just hope the #@&%! wants to make Manchester United the best in the world

Unread 29-12-2022, 01:57 PM
dunk

Impatient for this now. Just want it over.

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:05 PM
Finport Red

Even if the new owners turn up on day one with a full set of bone saws and jump up and down shouting “Allah hu Akbar” in their first press conference I think, at this point, I’ll probably be able to convince myself they’re the better option compared to the glazers, so long as they rid us of the debt

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:12 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Even if the new owners turn up on day one with a full set of bone saws and jump up and down shouting “Allah hu Akbar” in their first press conference I think, at this point, I’ll probably be able to convince myself they’re the better option compared to the glazers, so long as they rid us of the debt
I think in addition to certain life choices debt is considered haram to our new Muslim overlords. Would explain why Ronaldo has his contract terminated.

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I think in addition to certain life choices debt is considered haram to our new Muslim overlords. Would explain why Ronaldo has his contract terminated.
Works for me, especially as he has become, ahem, ‘haramless’ in front of goal.

Unread 29-12-2022, 02:57 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ah, so you’ve also read the annual report
Is it in there? Thank goodness. I was reading about it more when they allegedly appointed someone to look at stadium revamp plans, which is clearly now BS, given we know they're selling the place.

Unread 29-12-2022, 05:39 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Is it in there? Thank goodness. I was reading about it more when they allegedly appointed someone to look at stadium revamp plans, which is clearly now BS, given we know they're selling the place.
https://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files/...2022-09-24.pdf

Yup under assets or infrastructure ownership or something . Naturally I don’t have the expertise to sieve through this but thought one or two things may spring up. Didn’t realise darcie had so much pulling power(roughly they all have around 20%). I assumed it was 65%ish between Joel and avram

Unread 29-12-2022, 05:47 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Wasn't the stadium revamp just cover to get investment to buy the other siblings out?

Thankfully the club is that £#%&!ed financially nobody was interested.

Unread 29-12-2022, 05:51 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Wasn't the stadium revamp just cover to get investment to buy the other siblings out?

Thankfully the club is that £#%&!ed financially nobody was interested.
No, it was an appeasement policy because of the state of the stadium compared to the investment Spurs, Arsenal, City and even Liverpool have had. Get United fans thinking that their could be an improvement. Daddy Malc taught them to lie well.

Unread 30-12-2022, 12:50 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We’ve been waiting nearly 18 years mate. Hold your nerve, we’re almost there…

Unread 30-12-2022, 01:03 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Word.

Unread 30-12-2022, 01:10 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Word.

Unread 30-12-2022, 10:17 AM
magic_cantona

Twitter is full of #@&%!s saying "Last transfer window under the Glazers!"

but then acting all itk and not elaborating. Someone tell me something concrete*

*and don't say "Road!" Or "the Pavement! LOL!"

Unread 30-12-2022, 11:19 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Twitter is full of #@&%!s saying "Last transfer window under the Glazers!"

but then acting all itk and not elaborating. Someone tell me something concrete*

*and don't say "Road!" Or "the Pavement! LOL!"
Harry maguires head

Unread 30-12-2022, 08:00 PM
Joe Biden

Unread 30-12-2022, 08:12 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

£#%&! that.