United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 12-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Imo it is...

Also found out how to jockey... itís pathetic, just the two players bumping into each other. Fifa you have to be careful not to do it too much or youíll give away a foul (realistic), you can also actually see the players jockey for position (realistic).

And letís not forget- https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=153

As Iíve said both have problems or glitches, itís to be expected tbh. But after all the talk of PES and all the stuff Iíve read over the last few months I was expecting something much better than this.

Iím into November in my masters league game and Iím bored already. I donít really play online so this part of the game (and the game play obvs) was a big reason why I wanted to give it a go. It just doesnít hold up against FIFA Career mode, which is also pretty shitty.

If they bring out classic united teams and kits Iíll probably give it a go again, but I think Iíll mainly play Fifa again this year.

That being said, each to their own so enjoy the game lads

Yeah fair point and didnít know that, But it does feel that way tbh.

Little things like that mean something to me tbh, makes it that more realistic when editing a player or seeing a player celebrate after scoring. Even the players that generic looking on FIFA look way better than what they do on PES imo.

Maybe I was expecting too much because of all the talk of it finally catching up to fifa.

The one great thing is seeing City being referred to as Manchester B in it
How the hell do you enjoy playing football manager then? Those fuckers have had 10 years to work on 3D

Unread 12-09-2019, 03:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
How the hell do you enjoy playing football manager then? Those fuckers have had 10 years to work on 3D

Commentary only

Never used the 3D option.

#oldschoolreds

(Iím sure something similar to that clip happened in my PES save )

Unread 12-09-2019, 03:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Hold L1 and point right analogue stick at player you want to run. There's a way to control the player making the run as well, but to advanced for me.

I've bought fifa and pes for the past 4 years. Imo Pes has been and still is streets ahead.

To stop people playing, getting arse-raped 6-0 and giving up, there's too much money to be made on the micro-transactions to lose a massive player base after a few games.

Really kicked in around FIFA 13 time and has got worse since then.

It's 'balancing', so if someone is shit, it balances it out. It was even advertised as a feature for an old Madden game, it was a guy playing with his little girl, and basically said that she could play as well as the AI will help her so she feels as though she can compete against a more experienced opponent. Can't find it anymore so I'm guessing it's been taken down from Youtube, which isn't a surprise.
your loss.

Unread 13-09-2019, 12:14 AM
AK14

Played the fifa demo tonight...

Itís also pretty shit tbh

Combine the two and thereís a decent football game in there.

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:46 AM
5 Cantona's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post

Phil Jones animation spot on tbf.

Unread 13-09-2019, 09:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Played the fifa demo tonight...

Itís also pretty shit tbh

Combine the two and thereís a decent football game in there.
FIFA is actively getting worse tbh.

Combine FIFA, PES and Football Manager and you might get something as good as SWOS

Unread 13-09-2019, 10:04 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post

Combine FIFA, PES and Football Manager and you might get something as good as SWOS
Now youíre talking

I think FIFA 20 is basically the same as 19 tbh (as for gameplay). Itíll depend on what the career mode is like whether Iíll buy it or stick with 19 and this game.

Unread 15-09-2019, 11:13 AM
AK14

Worst part of the game by an absolute mile is the lack of off the ball running

Really starting to piss me off now. I know how to make a team mate run forward but in fifa the AI would also make runs without you asking them (realistic) but in this they just stand there.... watching....waiting.....zzzzz

Also the graphics are so glitchy and players run like robots

Another problem is defending from corners/crosses, itís all a big pot luck whether you head the ball away or not

Unread 15-09-2019, 12:53 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post

Fm was gash last year first time I have put less than 5 hours in to that game

Unread 15-09-2019, 06:00 PM
elhombre

I think itís superb

Much better than fifa which was too arcadey and not enough of a simulation

Too much negativity