United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 05:26 PM
atticusgrinch
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
When the news broke there was an initial flurry of headlines…but since then…nish

Have media been warned any bad publicity, or even reminders of the story, will result in no free hospitality?

Or have the media moguls decided collectively to give them an easy ride until judgement day?

Either way, it £#%&!ing stinks
It's because they took the FA to the high court and were bitching about adverse publicity etc. The judge threw it out, but the FA are likely being overly cautious because, as we know, city won't need much of an excuse to try and wriggle out of this shit with some legal chicanery.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...t-24-03-21.pdf
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 06:34 PM
magic_cantona
 
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's because they took the FA to the high court and were bitching about adverse publicity etc. The judge threw it out, but the FA are likely being overly cautious because, as we know, city won't need much of an excuse to try and wriggle out of this shit with some legal chicanery.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...t-24-03-21.pdf
Any chance of City actually getting done and punished?
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 06:38 PM
ScarFace
 
Default

City getting done now is like Jimmy Savile getting outed once he died. They've already won and any punishment is pony.
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 06:43 PM
magic_cantona
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
City getting done now is like Jimmy Savile getting outed once he died. They've already won and any punishment is pony.
Not if they get stripped of titles. Have to hope.
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 07:07 PM
armchair
 
Default

I didn't even know they had transgenders.
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 09:33 PM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Not if they get stripped of titles. Have to hope.
Or even if it stops them cheating in future.
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

They will be found innocent of all but a couple of minor charges, and those that brought the charges will never be later for another meeting again, not with the nice new Rolex watches they will have on their wrists.
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 10:23 PM
Gordon Hill
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Well yes, but a little occasional reminder that they are under investigation wouldn’t go amiss
Or in their case A MASSIVE reminder but sadly the press/media don't want to know because they know that most of the jealous ABU clowns treat cITY as some sort of 2nd team & the press are frightened of upsetting them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***


I see that now United might potentially be sold that there's a mad scramble to implement measures that would stop teams being owned by oil states. Oh now there's a problem is there lads?

As City are about to stick yet another tier on their ground before the paint's even dry on the last stand they redeveloped, all with money they didn't earn, yeah let's get that stable door shut eh?

Going back to the original question from No Fun, the press over here are still utterly enamoured with City and Guardiola. Don't forget the cheating has been going on for years and years under the noses of Fleet Street's finest and they haven't even deemed it worthy to look into. These are the same Journos that hack dead girls phones and celebrity voicemails for stories, yet they didn't think financial doping at the top end of our national sport was worthy of asking a few questions.

That's not journalistic negligence by the way. These journos and their editors are all being wined and dined over at 'Abu Dhabi Disney World' in east manchester and they don't really fancy rocking the boat. For a prime example of a pig with his nose firmly in the trough look no further than Martin Samuel. The #@&%! must go to bed every night in his Sheik mansour pyjamas.
You have called that absolutly bang-on & the annoying thing is that these same jurno's would have been all-over this scandal if it had involved United & as far as Im concerned that makes them 2-faced

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Crikey blimey it’s got another mention, that’s the MEN banned from the posh seats

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...arges-27662438
Hopfuly this means their are some reds working on The MEN now, of whom won't give a toss about any ban from cITY's posh seats ect

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Apart from the ink all over your hands
That's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I didn't even know they had transgenders.
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 10:45 PM
avocado
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's because they took the FA to the high court and were bitching about adverse publicity etc. The judge threw it out, but the FA are likely being overly cautious because, as we know, city won't need much of an excuse to try and wriggle out of this shit with some legal chicanery.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...t-24-03-21.pdf
If the FA had any cajones that judgement would be a powerful weapon in their armoury, not a reason to be cautious.
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 10:50 PM
atticusgrinch
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
If the FA had any cajones that judgement would be a powerful weapon in their armoury, not a reason to be cautious.
The cheek of them arguing that adverse publicity of the investigation could harm their sponsorships.

More brass that a you-know-who's caravan these lot.
 
Unread 07-09-2023, 10:58 PM
avocado
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
The cheek of them arguing that adverse publicity of the investigation could harm their sponsorships.

More brass that a you-know-who's caravan these lot.
What is quite heartening about the judgement is that both the League and the Berts opposed publication but the Judge ignored them - so the otherwise warring parties were in agreement. Maybe we should sign her up.
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 08:42 AM
Fat Al
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Not if they get stripped of titles. Have to hope.
That would be nice to see but seeing them expelled from the league (never gonna happen, I know) would be the most desirable outcome.
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 08:50 AM
magic_cantona
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
That would be nice to see but seeing them expelled from the league (never gonna happen, I know) would be the most desirable outcome.
Agree. Its simple logic to me -

Win titles by cheating = stripped of the titles won. Surely?

How does this work:

Win titles by cheating = a few points docked 6 seasons later ?

It's just not proportionate.
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 08:53 AM
Stickman
 
Default

If this was Juve it would get more coverage.

£#%&!en City. Even their cheating doesn’t seem to ignite the media much, they are so sterile.
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 09:11 AM
magic_cantona
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
If this was Juve it would get more coverage.

£#%&!en City. Even their cheating doesn’t seem to ignite the media much, they are so sterile.
Imagine anything financially off was found now with regard to us under Ferguson. The outrage would be unreal. City would be totally forgotten and given a pass. It'd be like us leaving the FA Cup all over again. Opinions from everyone and nobody.

"Michael Barrymore - Ex Funnyman and swimming pool enthusiast says: They should be stripped of everything and every one of their players should be killed. Starting with Dennis Irwin (who I'm sure was an IRA sympathiser). Awight?!"

Because its City, everything about them is 'worth' £#%&! all to the media. Nobody genuinely cares.
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 09:18 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
They will be found innocent of all but a couple of minor charges, and those that brought the charges will never be later for another meeting again, not with the nice new Rolex watches they will have on their wrists.
This is what will happen. The Premier League will have to look like it's done something without admitting their brand has been a joke for over a decade and risk devaluing it.

The Premier League can say the minor charges haven't affected the league as a whole and City will look innocent on major charges and then still plead innocence over the minor ones they get nailed with anyway.
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 09:22 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

What has Rachel Riley said about it being the new voice of football?
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 09:23 AM
magic_cantona
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
What has Rachel Riley said about it being the new voice of football?
She said its a conundrum.
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 09:24 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

At least she may be able to work out their finances...
 
Unread 08-09-2023, 09:25 AM
magic_cantona
 
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
At least she may be able to work out their finances...
She's not that smart, pal.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Why is there a media blackout on City’s (alleged) transgressions?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Manchester United figures hoping for Premier League winners' medals amid Man City alleged finan fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 07-02-2023 12:00 PM
'Demolition derby' - US media reacts to Man City thrashing of Manchester United fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 04-10-2022 05:20 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:55 PM.
Copyright ©2006 - 2024 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.