Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Better than Ben Yedder
Better than harry kane

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:35 AM
redredemption77

Not even half as good as Kerlon.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:21 PM
AK14

Article in the athletic saying we didn’t go for him because we didn’t believe he’d live up to the hype and that he’d struggle with physically with the English game...

It also talks about our ‘new transfer software’

Article is behind a paywall so here’s the link to the reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/c..._a_foundation/

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Article in the athletic saying we didn’t go for him because we didn’t believe he’d live up to the hype and that he’d struggle with physically with the English game...
Who is ‘we’?

I have a feeling we’d have missed out on Ronaldo if woodward and the glazers we’re running things back then.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Who is ‘we’?
The club pal..

Manchester United.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Chris Quayd

They (boardroom) are also acutely aware their own performance has to improve, starting in January when they hope to make four signings, the priority being a striker.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:49 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:

Is it genuinely in the realms of possibility that Manchester Utd didn't sign Bruno Fernandes because of his passing accuracy percentages or young Felix because he's not going to be a worldy (he so obviously will be)? Or is it likely just press nonsense? I really did think Fernandes would have been nailed on at Old Trafford.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:57 PM
AK14

In the past I’d have said it was media balls...

But with this United and the way the club is run I think any sort of story that talks about incompetence not matter how unbelievable could actually be true.

The same article goes on to mention that no one at the club knew about Rojo’s court case for GBH before we signed him until someone at the club googled his name...

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
In the past I’d have said it was media balls...

But with this United and the way the club is run I think any sort of story that talks about incompetence not matter how unbelievable could actually be true.

The same article goes on to mention that no one at the club knew about Rojo’s court case for GBH before we signed him until someone at the club googled his name...

Love how we are supposed to be reassured that after £900m in six seasons on transfers we are now doing character references like it is a groundbreaking development.

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Well he has struggled a lot in La Liga so far and he’s been awful for Portugal recently

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Vedder

Club is a circus. Nobody had a clue what they’re doing. We would of turned Messi down too for being to small

Unread 16-10-2019, 09:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
The club pal..

Manchester United.
Nope.

Unread 16-10-2019, 10:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Nope.
‘Nope’ what?

The article says we, as in the club, didn’t go for him for the reasons I posted.

Not sure what you’re getting at here tbh pal.

Unread 16-10-2019, 10:23 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Love how we are supposed to be reassured that after £900m in six seasons on transfers we are now doing character references like it is a groundbreaking development.
Someone’s finally added it to the risks and issues log for the “project”

Unread 16-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Someone’s finally added it to the risks and issues log for the “project”
Looking forward to thorough medicals and players who can trap a ball by 2025.

Unread 16-10-2019, 11:07 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
‘Nope’ what?

The article says we, as in the club, didn’t go for him for the reasons I posted.

Not sure what you’re getting at here tbh pal.
‘The club’ is vague nonsense. Who decided?

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:05 AM
AK14

Quote:
‘The club’ is vague nonsense. Who decided?
Ah gotcha pal.

I mean it’s probably %@#$&!s obviously, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Woodward and Ole decided he’d struggle for in the prem and that his non Britishness was a problem tbh.

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Club is a circus. Nobody had a clue what they’re doing. We would of turned Messi down too for being to small
The Athletic article needs to be printed and handed out to every single fan on a match day. It's £#%&!ing insane Woodward is getting away with this.

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The Athletic article needs to be printed and handed out to every single fan on a match day. It's £#%&!ing insane Woodward is getting away with this.
Expect a tweet from Simon Stone about some really good considering in the next couple of days to calm everyone down.

Unread 17-10-2019, 12:14 PM
utd99

This is a relentless campaign on the part of the media to make us look as ridiculous as possible because it’s a winning formula for them; our name gets them clicks and the sneering scratches their itch. Couldn’t they at least wait until the kid is a success before using it as a stick to beat us with? Couldn’t they wait until Fernades actually makes a transfer to someone else and does well before sticking the boot in? And where’s the article about how we were right to dodge Renato Sanches to balance it all out?

There’s plenty wrong with United, but these journos hate our club and have been waiting decades for their opportunity to pile on. We don’t need to help them out.
Closed Thread