United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2010, 03:12 AM
plopborsky

Exclamation berbs is staying

Berbatov not for sale, says Man Utd boss Ferguson

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted the club have no intention of selling striker Dimitar Berbatov this summer.
The 29-year-old has struggled to make an impact at Old Trafford following his £30.75m move from Tottenham in August 2008, scoring only 26 goals since then.
But Ferguson says he has no plans to offload the Bulgarian.
"No, no, definitely not," he said. "He is a fantastic footballer and he will be with us next year."
Ferguson dismissed speculation that Berbatov could be moved on, with the likes of Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Spurs reportedly interested, claiming it was run-of-the-mill gossip.
"That's a problem with a club like United - there's expectation and the media attention is always there," added the Scot.
"There's speculation every year - some summers I'm signing 100 players. You've got to live with that sort of media hype about the club.
"There's been a bit about Berbatov in terms of his future but we know he's a good player."
Ferguson's comments will be a welcome reassurance for Berbatov who last week vowed he would "fight to stay" at Old Trafford.

606: DEBATE
The guy's not good enough. He was overrated at Spurs and I never wanted him at this club (but I gave him a chance) and he's overrated by some people at United. It's time for him to go
Mr_Vidic
Upon announcing his international retirement, Berbatov said: "I am going nowhere.
"I have arrived where I wanted to be, I have reached the summit."
Berbatov has come under fire this season from fans critical of his work-rate and profligacy in front of goal.
He did not start a single match in the Champions League knockout stages before United were knocked out by Bayern Munich in the last eight.
Critics have also suggested United lost the Premier League title to Chelsea in part because of his failure to act as an effective replacement for Wayne Rooney during the England striker's injury absence.
Berbatov, though, insisted he is determined to stay, adding: "United is the biggest team and I will fight to stay there until the end of my contract."
His current deal expires in two seasons' time in 2012.
While the Bulgarian appears content to shrug off criticism for his domestic performances, similar analysis of his international performances have played their part in his decision to quit the national team.
"I have decided to step down from the national team, starting today," he told a press conference in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, adding he wanted "to give younger players the opportunity to step out from my shadow".
Berbatov, Bulgaria's captain for the last three years, scored 48 goals in 74 international appearances and is the nation's all-time leading scorer.
But he said he was "discouraged" by Bulgaria's failure to qualify for the upcoming World Cup in South Africa, adding: "At times I feel tired, even exhausted by the national team."
It means the front man's appearance in the 2-0 defeat in Poland in March was his last at international level.
Another star player - Dimitar Ivanov - also announced his decision to quit international football following that game in Warsaw.
Bulgaria have been drawn in the same Euro 2012 qualifying group as England and Wales.

Unread 22-05-2010, 05:11 AM
borsuk

full steam ahead

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Berbs has been offered to a club/clubs.

To fund a new signing, probably.

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Sloane

if fergie comes out and says you are staying. you are usaully going

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:11 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Agreed.

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:19 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
true that. just ask foster.

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:20 AM
MakeBelieve

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Berbatov has come under fire this season from fans critical of his work-rate and profligacy in front of goal.
Unintended use of the rofl smiley is one of my favourtite things

Not a rofl-ing matter unfortunately

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
profligacy

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:37 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeBelieve
Unintended use of the rofl smiley is one of my favourtite things

Not a rofl-ing matter unfortunately
I love it when that happens.

Usually brightens up a negative post about one of our players

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:43 AM
rafabio

£#%&! off berbs

It feels good to be back

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:48 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

It feels good to be back

Before we go on rafabio, united are absolutely skint so ignore tribalfootball etc stories about us signing £40m players.

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:59 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
£#%&! off berbs

It feels good to be back
£#%&! off you @#%&!

Unread 22-05-2010, 10:56 AM
safingtons

Quote:
£#%&! off berbs

It feels good to be back
Welcome back Sharrers.

Unread 22-05-2010, 11:01 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Before we go on rafabio, united are absolutely skint so ignore tribalfootball etc stories about us signing £40m players.
Gotta love how everyones throwing their toys out of the pram in the Sanctuary, including yourself.

Embarrassing tbh.

Unread 22-05-2010, 11:53 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Gotta love how everyones throwing their toys out of the pram in the Sanctuary, including yourself.

Embarrassing tbh.
what are they saying on that embarassment of a forum??

any 'insider' news

Unread 22-05-2010, 01:26 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
what are they saying on that embarassment of a forum??

any 'insider' news
Nothing special, just people hoping Hernandez does £#%&! all on Monday one even hoping Rooney gets injured just to £#%&! over Fergie and United.

Unread 22-05-2010, 01:50 PM
ScarFace

Berbatov wont even be alive for the U.S tour, never mind the Prem kick off. You'l see.

Unread 22-05-2010, 01:55 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Berbatov wont even be alive for the U.S tour, never mind the Prem kick off. You'l see.
you going on the tour?

Unread 22-05-2010, 02:14 PM
ScarFace

Depends on how far i get in the World Cup. We'l need rest before the season so if i make it to the final then no i wont be in yank land but the boss said if i'm knocked out before the round of 16 then i should make atleast the end of the yank tour.

Unread 22-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Delighted for Berbs.

Been here two seasons, two league cups, 1st and second in the Prem and a CL final. Good start tbh.
Closed Thread