United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:09 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I'm not mistking him for the ultimate, and coming in at the end of March is short term. We're not even halfway through the season and still in two cups, and the defence is the major issue.

Fingers crossed though.
We won't win anything and we won't finish in the top six.

There. Feel better?

I was at the point where I hated us and didn't want to watch us.

I'll be watching with interest on Saturday.

Those basics are enough for now IMO

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:12 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Ole is fine. The only realistic expectation I have this season is to finish lower than Europe qualification places and higher than relegation.

Far better decision to have an interim manager until we can get a decent full time manager.
Not qualifying for the Europa is key....without that distraction the new manager has a fighting chance of a decent league campaign

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:13 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

There. Feel better?

I was at the point where I hated us and didn't want to watch us.

I'll be watching with interest on Saturday.

Those basics are enough for now IMO
Just hope that enjoyment lasts past Christmas.

Nothing stopping us winning the FA Cup.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:21 AM
Sapien

The bootroom

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:28 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Nothing stopping us winning the FA Cup.
....apart from sub standard players

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:41 AM
Knockers

Good to see everyone who isn’t mental is fine with this.

‘It’ll be a disaster’, as if the season hasn’t already been a complete holocaust. It’s something different and positive and could be a laugh.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Lok

Hard to be angry at this decision. Which makes me angry.

The website farce pretty much sums up the club.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Hard to be angry at this decision. Which makes me angry.

The website farce pretty much sums up the club.
Yep... the £#%&!ing idiots.

This is either going to go realll well or really badly - I fear the latter.

Please, please, please drop Lukaku.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

Robbie Savage (I know I know...) saying this morning "what are man united doing hiring the manager of Molde" like that's the sole basis of what they're doing.

£#%&!ing idiot.

I expect we'll see an immediate life in mood.
Quote:
this + this = facts

i don't know what/who people expect.

The rest of the season we can just be Manchester United again. even if it's shite, it's still better than the bullshit before Tuesday.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:51 AM
windy waffles

Transfer window will be interesting...

Expect Poch will secretly send his list...

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:54 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If it was Cantona most of you would be absolutely creaming yourselves.
if it was cantona it would be even more of a circus. he's probably quit mid March via Instagram from a beach in the Caribbean. While the police want him for questioning in the murder of 6 journalists.

Unread 19-12-2018, 08:07 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If it was Cantona most of you would be absolutely creaming yourselves.
Would be even more pissed off. Blokes done £#%&! all in football since leaving united apart from beach football

Only surprise is they didnt go running to ryan £#%&!ing giggs

Unread 19-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Would be even more pissed off. Blokes done £#%&! all in football since leaving united apart from beach football

Only surprise is they didnt go running to ryan £#%&!ing giggs
Mourinho is the most successful manager of the last fifteen years (sounds right anyway) and he’s not worked out. We’re doing something unexpected and beautiful. It’s poetry, or at least it could be.

Think it’s time the most storied, romantic club in football did something wild.

Unread 19-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
The bootroom
Yep.

Ole will be our Mr. Nice guy Roy Evans

Our big time Charlie spice boys will walk all over him

Unread 19-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

ole was poggers and lingard's youth team manager no?

Pogba pulling those strings

Unread 19-12-2018, 08:35 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
leave Barcelona out of this someone will bite

Unread 19-12-2018, 08:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Mourinho is the most successful manager of the last fifteen years (sounds right anyway) and he’s not worked out. We’re doing something unexpected and beautiful. It’s poetry, or at least it could be.

Agreed. Don't know if we especially know what we're doing and not sure I buy the idea that it can't get any worse, but at least this feels a bit more like United again. Personally I'd have wanted the caretaker to be someone with a lot more experience, especially given the roles of Carrick and Mckenna. Asking those two inexperienced young coaches and Ole to steer United for six months is a huge risk.

Time for the players to really step up. They'll get freedom, confidence and trust. Certain big names need to start delivering.

Unread 19-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Clownbones

Quote:

Damn £#%&!ing right.

We haven't been interesting for 3 years. Jose was a desperate appointment in the hope he'd change. Despite some tangible successes, we have been a chore to watch.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been entirely turned off this season to the point I can barely summon the will to watch us, with defeats piling up and I barely even care.

We have PSG in the champions league. With Jose, would anybody look forward to that? As we start with 8 at the back and The Scottish Player up front?

We're painful and joyless.

Entirely un-interesting. Everyone looks pissed off and doesn't look forward to games

Under Jose, we would achieve nothing and want to kill ourselves. Under Ole, we'll still achieve nothing but I'd rather watch him try.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. I'm excited at the prospect of someone like Solskjaer, who loves this club, leading us out at Old Trafford against PSG.

It's interesting. It's bold and someone there who actually £#%&!ing cares. I want to see what he does. What style he adopts.

The season is dead and it doesn't really matter how it turns out.

I will take that all day long. Meanwhile, fingers crossed that the club is taking their time to finally do things properly 're a new boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agreed. Don't know if we especially know what we're doing and not sure I buy the idea that it can't get any worse, but at least this feels a bit more like United again. Personally I'd have wanted the caretaker to be someone with a lot more experience, especially given the roles of Carrick and Mckenna. Asking those two inexperienced young coaches and Ole to steer United for six months is a huge risk.

Time for the players to really step up. They'll get freedom, confidence and trust. Certain big names need to start delivering.
A big question mark has been whether it's the players fault or the manager's fault.

This will go a long way to helping us find a lot of these players out.

They're auditioning for their future

Unread 19-12-2018, 09:02 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

A big question mark has been whether it's the players fault or the manager's fault.

Yep. The poisonous atmosphere and the restrictive tactics affected everyone. Those issues are being lifted. The club need to have in mind the type of team they want to be next season and these six months the players are under the microscope.

Unread 19-12-2018, 09:09 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Damn £#%&!ing right.

We haven't been interesting for 3 years. Jose was a desperate appointment in the hope he'd change. Despite some tangible successes, we have been a chore to watch.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been entirely turned off this season to the point I can barely summon the will to watch us, with defeats piling up and I barely even care.

We have PSG in the champions league. With Jose, would anybody look forward to that? As we start with 8 at the back and The Scottish Player up front?

We're painful and joyless.

Entirely un-interesting. Everyone looks pissed off and doesn't look forward to games

Under Jose, we would achieve nothing and want to kill ourselves. Under Ole, we'll still achieve nothing but I'd rather watch him try.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. I'm excited at the prospect of someone like Solskjaer, who loves this club, leading us out at Old Trafford against PSG.

It's interesting. It's bold and someone there who actually £#%&!ing cares. I want to see what he does. What style he adopts.

The season is dead and it doesn't really matter how it turns out.

I will take that all day long. Meanwhile, fingers crossed that the club is taking their time to finally do things properly 're a new boss.

Agreed. Quotes in here from when Molde played Hibs in the summer

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...unnar-13751119

Quote:
Solskjaer, in turn, said he owed his managerial success to Ferguson. Speaking earlier this season, before taking on Hibernian with Molde in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, Solskjaer said: “Sir Alex taught me how not to become complacent and always keep the standards up. Everything I know about managing top footballers I learned from him.”

And, reflecting on what made playing for United under Ferguson so special - something the club are so desperate to recreate - Solskajer recalled: “Before every game Sir Alex would say ‘Express yourselves, enjoy the game, show us what you can do, but work your %@#$&!s off’.

“That’s the Manchester United I want to see again, where players move freely and get in behind.

“At United, we came to Carrington and worked our %@#$&!s off, but we never felt like we went to work.

“If I manage again in a different country, my team is going to be solid, but I can never stray away from the way I want my teams to play football – with creativity and imagination, just as I learned under Sir Alex.

“Is United still the dream job for me? Every Manchester United player who goes into management has that ultimate dream.”

And when asked for his view of Paul Pogba, benched by Mourinho, Solskjaer said he would build the team around the World Cup winner, with whom he worked when he was in charge of United reserves.

“I would [build the team around him], absolutely no doubt,” said Solskjaer.

“That just shows how far the kid has come. Paul is a fantastic kid so hopefully we can build the team around him and keep him.”
Closed Thread