United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 71 71.00%
No 14 14.00%
Not arsed 15 15.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-05-2024, 09:22 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
if you can work from home across the country what's to stop them just getting someone halfway across the world to do it for half your wages?
Would depend on the job, timezone differences can be prohibitive.

Unread 08-05-2024, 09:35 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Sure there's people who know more on here but you can't force people with remote working stated in their contract to work from office just because change of ownership (and is it even that).

I think AI compulsory cam monitoring is close anyhow
Highly unlikely that anyone has remote working stated in their contract unless a recent recruit - in which case probably less than 2 years service so no claim for unfair dismissal if booted. And ultimate ownership (or, more accurately, minority ownership) is irrelevant. The employer has not changed.

Unread 08-05-2024, 09:46 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
Highly unlikely that anyone has remote working stated in their contract unless a recent recruit - in which case probably less than 2 years service so no claim for unfair dismissal if booted. And ultimate ownership (or, more accurately, minority ownership) is irrelevant. The employer has not changed.
What. a. forum.

Yeah our recent hires post covid all have it written in hence I think I'm safe from a blanket ivory tower direction to get back to office for a while yet. Trade off is maintaining poll frequency, sorry guys.

Unread 08-05-2024, 10:07 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
Thinking you are right but then Lockdown was 4 years ago

Good chance a lot are over 2 years.

Unread 08-05-2024, 10:10 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
Thinking you are right but then Lockdown was 4 years ago

Good chance a lot are over 2 years.
Still not a thing. And very unlikely to get it in a contract now. Times are a changing.

Unread 08-05-2024, 10:57 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Players won’t like that.

Unread 08-05-2024, 11:20 PM
guerreiro

Emails down 20% on a Friday. I’d say the cause there is that it’s a Friday rather than wfh.

Saying that, I’m wfh today and planning on painting the spare room

Unread 09-05-2024, 09:25 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Emails down 20% on a Friday. I’d say the cause there is that it’s a Friday rather than wfh.

Saying that, I’m wfh today and planning on painting the spare room
WFH is a joke.

Unread 09-05-2024, 09:33 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
WFH is a joke.
Obvs depends on the individual. I get more done at home than in the office because I have no interest in what someone watched on telly or had for their tea but have to listen to that shit because social interactions demand it.

Yes do tell me about Game of Throneszzzzzzzzzz.

People can just £#%&! off imo.

Unread 09-05-2024, 09:37 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Obvs depends on the individual. I get more done at home than in the office because I have no interest in what someone watched on telly or had for their tea but have to listen to that shit because social interactions demand it.

Yes, you are probably in a good job, quite motivated to do well and not a slack-jawed yokel

Unread 09-05-2024, 09:41 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post

Same. Half week in office and half week WFH. Last two pay reviews I've asked my boss if he's happy with the WFH arrangements and been told they reckon I'm more productive when working from home if anything.

Love WFH so wont take it for granted, so probably do crack on more than I do in the office. If individuals take the piss and can't be trusted then can't blame an employer for wanting to get them back in the office either though.

Unread 09-05-2024, 09:49 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Same. Half week in office and half week WFH. Last two pay reviews I've asked my boss if he's happy with the WFH arrangements and been told they reckon I'm more productive when working from home if anything.

Love WFH so wont take it for granted, so probably do crack on more than I do in the office. If individuals take the piss and can't be trusted then can't blame an employer for wanting to get them back in the office either though.
I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't implemented a 'mobile' setting on Teams so you can tell if someone is replying on their phone or on their computer. Would stop a slot of skiving.

Unread 09-05-2024, 10:07 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post

of course they are. you're probably working longer than you should. you're not working from home, you're living at work.

going into work and then clocking off should be a thing. the amount of people i know who are still doing work related stuff well beyond their hours because of working from home

Unread 09-05-2024, 10:24 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
of course they are. you're probably working longer than you should. you're not working from home, you're living at work.

going into work and then clocking off should be a thing. the amount of people i know who are still doing work related stuff well beyond their hours because of working from home
I work longer than I should when I'm in the office as well tbf.

Agree if it was full time at home though with the living at work bit. Half and half works out perfectly. Used to work for myself from home full time and it that was awful after the first few months. But splitting between the office and home is the ideal balance for me. Anything else now would drive me mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't implemented a 'mobile' setting on Teams so you can tell if someone is replying on their phone or on their computer. Would stop a slot of skiving.
Yep, same with Skype.

Unread 09-05-2024, 11:12 AM
shenwen

Been wfh for five years now. Work for myself though. The only way I'd consider going back into an office is if they would count commute time as work time. A 9-6 work day plus up to 90 mins commute? Never again.

My sister wfh for co-op and every time I call her she's going on about having to put the washing out, etc. Complete skive. Recently got made redundant. Not surprised.

Unread 09-05-2024, 11:14 AM
Mou Mou Land

I was self-employed for nigh on 30 years and found that working from home meant that I had to be incredibly self-disciplined. There are so many easy distractions at home that is easy to find an excuse not to do something that you find difficult, whereas in a workplace you would have no choice, but to plough on.
The other problem I found is that members of the family cannot seem to grasp the fact you are actually working and not there to be chatted to about any mundane household thing that occurs: the timings of coffees, lunch and dinner seem to be urgent decisions to be made immediately - things I never ever knew needed my acknowledgement when out working. I ended up purposely going into one of the sites I worked at nearby and cadging an office for the day to work in peace.

Unread 09-05-2024, 11:16 AM
est.1878

Think if you match affable with the heavy skive you can be untouchable. Only cam monitoring could cease my sunbathing summer. Any unexpected calls and I can be desk ready within circa 5 seconds, just under Olympic pace sprint

Unread 09-05-2024, 11:17 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Been wfh for five years now. Work for myself though. The only way I'd consider going back into an office is if they would count commute time as work time. A 9-6 work day plus up to 90 mins commute? Never again.
Yep. Lockdown if anything just showed alot of people how much time they were getting robbed off them a week.

I like going into my office but the commute feels 10 x worse as its actually my choice to be sat in it

Unread 09-05-2024, 11:25 AM
Sparky***

Going back to the original point

Headlines this morning screaming about “toxic”

Obviously there’s no specifics or any kind of detail, but then it’s related to Man Utd and it’s negative, so it’ll go down well.

Unread 09-05-2024, 11:28 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Going back to the original point

Headlines this morning screaming about “toxic”

https://x.com/deadlinedaylive/status...Tig51Y-d5izVYA

Obviously there’s no specifics or any kind of detail, but then it’s related to Man Utd and it’s negative, so it’ll go down well.
They've regurgitated this "toxic" shite for every manager since Fergie left so it's no surprise it's raised it's head now there's new ownership in place.