United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2021, 10:24 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yep, watched an interview with Neville yesterday and he summed it up perfectly. Levy should sue him for 162 million.

Edit: link to interview

https://youtu.be/bH_dchOYXIA
Couldn’t make it to the bit about Kane

Is there a harder person to listen to than Gary Neville?

Unread 05-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

I can't stand him tbh. So indignant all the time. And an absolutely massive hypocrite for the most part.

Unread 05-08-2021, 10:31 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Bet Kane’s curtains are closed whilst he trawls Twitter all day

I’m actually surprised at him tbh. Thought he’d want to leave Spurs on best possible terms with the supporters etc
I’ve been hearing rumours of him wanting to leave for a couple years from Spurs ITKs. I think Levy has made promises and come up short. Not justifying Kane not turning up for training - I just reckon it’s 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in this case.

Unread 05-08-2021, 10:36 AM
dunk

It was obvious he was going to have to go to extreme lengths to force the issue. Levy was always going to refuse to sell or want daft money and his contract position has him hog tied. It's a big risk for him, because there's always the chance City opt not to meet the asking price and he has to go back to Spurs tail between his legs..

Unread 05-08-2021, 11:18 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’ve been hearing rumours of him wanting to leave for a couple years from Spurs ITKs. I think Levy has made promises and come up short. Not justifying Kane not turning up for training - I just reckon it’s 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in this case.
If that was the case he shouldn't have signed that six year contract with them

Unread 05-08-2021, 11:19 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

about the 9min mark mate

Unread 05-08-2021, 11:21 AM
Fat Al

Kane had said he had a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ with Levy that he could leave this summer.

Well, I’ve heard Levy called many things, but a gentleman is not one of them.

Unread 05-08-2021, 11:30 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Chelsea had a fair amount of history pre Abramovich tbf, cockney @#%&!s or not.
Did they really? Bit of media invoked 'glamour' with osgood and harris and crowds of never more than 30,000. Nothing club that were bust when they were bought by Crime Inc

As for Kane, it looks like he's done everything by the book for the club, including signing a contract that would maximise his selling price for the benefit of the club and levy hasn't delivered on their deal to let him leave in an orderly manner. Every worker has the right to withdraw their labour.

He won't want to become a hate figure at spurs and I hope he doesn't but levy has different agendas.

Unread 05-08-2021, 12:26 PM
92ToBury

If he wants the move, he should take the contract hit and submit a transfer request in writing. It's not like it's about the money, right?

Unread 05-08-2021, 12:33 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
If he wants the move, he should take the contract hit and submit a transfer request in writing. It's not like it's about the money, right?
Do they even work anymore? There are similarities with Rooneys move to utd, just seems like everton handled it better at the time.

Unread 05-08-2021, 01:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Do they even work anymore? There are similarities with Rooneys move to utd, just seems like everton handled it better at the time.
My understanding is that if you hand in a transfer request, your entitlement to being paid up in your contract is null and void. Hence agents encouraging the players they are leeching off to behave as @#%&!s.

Unread 05-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Never had him down as this sort of guy .......

Absolutely shattering his legacy at spurs...

Unread 05-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Never had him down as this sort of guy .......

Absolutely shattering his legacy at spurs...
this. shithouse move from him.

shredding his legacy at every turn.

Unread 05-08-2021, 01:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
If that was the case he shouldn't have signed that six year contract with them
That’s my point though - I’m assuming he signed the contract under the impression that Levy wouldn’t £#%&! it all up with managers and the squad in the way he has done over the past 2 seasons.

Regardless, he’s thrown the club that made him under the bus a bit here. Hope he flops at City.

Unread 05-08-2021, 01:54 PM
dunk

Never liked him. Clearly an utter @#%&!.

Unread 05-08-2021, 02:03 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Never liked him. Clearly an utter @#%&!.
This.

Unread 05-08-2021, 02:13 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Could be one of those where Levy's agreed that he could go for the right offer but the fee was never mentioned. If City have "only" offered £120m ish for him, and Levy has seen they've got to £100m for Grealish, no wonder he'd want more.
Think that's probably the case and kane is feeling £#%&!ed over as the verbal agreement was any reasonable offer, having signed a contract that would guarantee spurs top dollar.

I'm only guessing but the guy just doesn't strike me as a #@&%!. wish we were buying him.

Unread 05-08-2021, 02:29 PM
92ToBury

Oh, Pep....

Unread 05-08-2021, 02:38 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Oh, Pep....

Oh the ironey, but as with most systems, you think you can change it, but it ends up changing you.

Unread 05-08-2021, 07:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Bet Kane’s curtains are closed whilst he trawls Twitter all day

I’m actually surprised at him tbh. Thought he’d want to leave Spurs on best possible terms with the supporters etc
Yeah, its all a bit shabby and I did think he was a bit better than that.
Closed Thread