Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2010, 02:34 PM
believe

Default Re: Utd report £48m profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
that really is my point.

utd are going to have to sell at least £30m of players every season to break even.

nft.
nani this year foster next. problem solved (well for 2 years anyway)

Unread 11-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
that really is my point.

utd are going to have to sell at least £30m of players every season to break even.

nft.
Well That's Rooney and Vidic gone then.

Now, who else do we have in the squad worth £30m?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Still, not that it matters. The money is there if it needs to be spent, fergie has just decided not to. Yep.

Unread 11-01-2010, 02:39 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well That's Rooney and Vidic gone then.

Now, who else do we have in the squad worth £30m?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Park, Nani, Gibson and Owen are all worth.30m

Unread 11-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Park, Nani, Gibson and Owen are all worth.30m
Park £5 million

Nani £7 million

Gibson £20 million

Owen -£2 million

Adds up to £30 million to me, selling Gibson may be the straw that breaks the camels back tbh.

Has anybody checked how much toast those non playing staff are really eating at Carrington?

Unread 11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
zzalsar3

Quote:
that really is my point. utd are going to have to sell at least £30m of players every season to break even.
Are you sure that's all it will take ? Cos I seem to remember some of the interest payments due ramp up massively in the coming years. I seem to recall there are a couple of years where £150m is due each year or something in the next few years when certain elements of the loan become due for repayment. If I'm right that dwarfs the previous levels of interest payments which have been leaving the club. It seemed a long way away when the debt was all first introduced but is more imminent now I think.

And of course none of this interest actually reduces the capital debt.

Unread 11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Sparky***

0:25 in...

Smile! Darn ya smile!

You'll find his whole is a great world afterall!!

Unread 11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Sparky***

Just watching SSN with a city analyst type talking about the debt.

the P.I.Kind debt is going up every year at 14% p.a, which isn't being paid, and if it goes through to it's maturity date in 2017, then the grand total of debt will be in excess of £1bn.

So, who can we sell that will be worth £1bn?

Unread 11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
believe

Quote:

the P.I.Kind debt is going up every year at 14% p.a, which isn't being paid, and if it goes through to it's maturity date in 2017, then the grand total of debt will be in excess of £1bn.

in 2017? Diouf.

Unread 11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:

city would probably pay that for that banner to be taken down.

Unread 11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

welcome to 2005

lucky you've got sky or you really would know £#%&! all

Unread 11-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
welcome to 2005

uh-huh, yep, uh-huh...

Unread 11-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8451848.stm

Quote:
Last week, United's big-spending neighbours Manchester City reported an annual loss of £92.6m after splashing out on top-class players since new owner Sheikh Mansour bought the club in September 2008.

quality reportage from the bbc, as always

Unread 11-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
welcome to 2005

You can get SSN on Freeview. HTH

Unread 11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
RedMenace

Can't see those PIKs being allowed to run to maturity one way or another. They'll have either refinanced them or sold up by then I would think. They don't seem to be planning for the long term, just deferring things long enough for the economic situation to pick up. Aren't the most punitive PIKs secured on the Glazers' personal assets rather than United?. Another reason why they'll be looking to do something about it before 2017.

Unread 11-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
You can get SSN on Freeview. HTH

At least now even a numpty can see how the Glazers debt has affected our potential transfer activity.

An £80m player sold, £50m in Sky Premier League money, £30m in Champions League tv money, year-on-year ticket price hikes and a wage bill that doesn't appear to have increased to a signficant extent over the past year. Yet we've made just £48m in pre-tax profits.

Unread 11-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian

At least now even a numpty can see how the Glazers debt has affected our potential transfer activity.

An £80m player sold, £50m in Sky Premier League money, £30m in Champions League tv money, year-on-year ticket price hikes and a wage bill that doesn't appear to have increased to a signficant extent over the past year. Yet we've just made £48m in pre-tax profits.
Not including the money we must have got for winning 4 trophies between march 2008 - march 2009

Unread 11-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

pointing out the platforms SSN is available on is apparently funny then? okay.

Unread 11-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Not including the money we must have got for winning 4 trophies between march 2008 - march 2009
Yep, we're struggling to keep our head above water despite that prize money, and the new sponsorship deals with Saudi Telecom etc.

Vidic will go in the Summer, and if these figures are anything to go by we'll be back in the shit even taking that and a limited transfer budget into account...unless this bond issue works, though the BBC man sounds confident.

It might be better if it doesn't and the Glazers are forced to sell for around £1bn.

Unread 11-01-2010, 05:20 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Not having a go Sparks but is this just dawning on you now?

Unread 11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not having a go Sparks but is this just dawning on you now?
Yeah, I've been saying for ages that everything is just fine. I feel really stupid now.
Closed Thread