United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 13-01-2021, 06:02 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Poirier win IMO. Hard to see McGregor come straight back winning at the elite level considering the break he's had from the sport.

Just 2 fights in over 4 years, with one a convincing loss, and the other lasting under 1 minute that proved nothing about his cardio.
The way he slept that cowboy fella was impressive though.

Unread 13-01-2021, 06:32 PM
Vedder

Conor will stop him. Just donít see how he can last, Conor will catch him easy.

Unread 13-01-2021, 08:51 PM
silv

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/1/1...c-257-mma-news

Quote:

If youíre talking about game plan, what I want is for both of us to be dripping blood and hurting and suffering early in the fight, then we can find out whoís the real fighter,Ē
Not the best game plan from Poirier.

Unread 13-01-2021, 09:14 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
The way he slept that cowboy fella was impressive though.
True. Lad is an incredible striker, tbf.

I much prefer him at Welter, so will be interesting to see him at Lightweight considering the time he's been out.

A convincing McNugget win opens up a lot of options. Would love to see him back at Welter mixing it with Masvidal.

Unread 13-01-2021, 09:18 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
True. Lad is an incredible striker, tbf.

I much prefer him at Welter, so will be interesting to see him at Lightweight considering the time he's been out.

A convincing McNugget win opens up a lot of options. Would love to see him back at Welter mixing it with Masvidal.
Thatís a scrap Iím interested in

Unread 13-01-2021, 09:35 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Thatís a scrap Iím interested in
It's the ideal fight for McGregor at Welter IMO, as I think the elite Welters in Usman and Covington will just be too big, and have too much wrestling skills, for him at the higher weight.

Masvidal vs McGregor in a stand-up strike contest could be very interesting, and McGregor just looks a lot bigger and more powerful at Welter than Nate Diaz did, so it would be a tougher fight for Masvidal IMO.

If Khamzat keeps obliterating people then he could be an option for McGregor at Welter, too. That fight would sell ridiculous numbers if the hype behind Chimaev keeps growing.

McGregor needs a legacy-defining win at the end of his career, as the unavoidable facts are that he's lost all 3 of his biggest ever fights, in Diaz I, Mayweather and Khabib; the latter two fights were embarrassingly one-sided losses, too.