United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2021, 04:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
i think something that has been overlooked as well with Ole is his back room staff....Fergie always had very experienced number 2 that could help do a lot of the work both in training and tactically

Ole has a young staff with not a lot of coaching experience and at times it has shown but what they have brought out is that energy and passion to challenge and compete which is what fergie always brought out in his players

No doubt we are 2-3 players away from being real title challengers on a consistent basis both in the premier league and europe but it's a young team for the most part with a very good foundation
Are you just ignoring Shorts?

Unread 13-01-2021, 04:36 PM
Vida_15

oh shit...you're right Dunk, totally forgot about him. I'm so used to seeing Carrick alongside Ole when they are speaking on the sideline.

Unread 13-01-2021, 04:39 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
oh shit...you're right Dunk, totally forgot about him. I'm so used to seeing Carrick alongside Ole when they are speaking on the sideline.
Carrick has a very important role to play..

Unread 13-01-2021, 05:27 PM
ScarFace

Shocking how he was £#%&!ed in the summer and now the winter window.

He's had moyes level backing compared to Jose first few windows.

Unread 13-01-2021, 08:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Shocking how he was £#%&!ed in the summer and now the winter window.

He's had moyes level backing compared to Jose first few windows.
Still time for woowar to do something, not that I am holding my breath.

Unread 13-01-2021, 08:08 PM
Vida_15

my only real criticism of Ole and the staff come down to making changes...sometimes it seems like he's a little slow to do that when it's obvious that the plan isn't working or a player is struggling on the pitch to do his job

Unread 16-01-2021, 11:08 AM
Hyman_Roth

Lego teeth is team ole. Will ignore the obvs response to that. Team rashers too.

https://www.calameo.com/read/0044497...d=1ovLe4iWW6ua

The bigger question is why was I reading the rats programme?

Page 4

Unread 16-01-2021, 11:38 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Lego teeth is team ole. Will ignore the obvs response to that. Team rashers too.

https://www.calameo.com/read/0044497...d=1ovLe4iWW6ua

The bigger question is why was I reading the rats programme?

Page 4
‘They have given Ole superb backing on and off the pitch... big investment on the team’

Tell your new mate we know a backhanded compliment when we see one.

Unread 16-01-2021, 07:28 PM
20LEgend1999

Unread 16-01-2021, 07:31 PM
dunk

If only we’d start winning games the critics on here could leave him alone

Unread 16-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Baron

Bit embarrassing for those big dogs to be slapped by Ole, rolls in with his zero European Cups, no fawning over his tactical nous, yet he’s done better. I’m nervous & not fully convinced, but I’m massively impressed by what’s he’s done. I’m absolutely onboard with what he wants to happen. Exciting football, risks, winning rather than shitting the bed. He’s a Red & no question. I’m just not an acolyte... yet. Maybe the Diallo signing will tip the level. I love his adherence to youth, attacking kids at that.

Unread 16-01-2021, 08:18 PM
Reg Holdsworth

Valencia, Young, Jones & Smalling.

Look at those 4 words in tandem and let them sink in. Ole dismantled that core...he should have a statue just for that.

Unread 16-01-2021, 08:20 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Bit embarrassing for those big dogs to be slapped by Ole, rolls in with his zero European Cups, no fawning over his tactical nous, yet he’s done better. I’m nervous & not fully convinced, but I’m massively impressed by what’s he’s done. I’m absolutely onboard with what he wants to happen. Exciting football, risks, winning rather than shitting the bed. He’s a Red & no question. I’m just not an acolyte... yet. Maybe the Diallo signing will tip the level. I love his adherence to youth, attacking kids at that.
Always happens. That new manager bounce. Wait until he's been here a couple of years....

Unread 16-01-2021, 08:21 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Holdsworth
Valencia, Young, Jones & Smalling.

Look at those 4 words in tandem and let them sink in. Ole dismantled that core...he should have a statue just for that.
Considering his first bit of business was binning Fellani, I've been on board ever since

Unread 16-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Considering his first bit of business was binning Fellani, I've been on board ever since

Notable Players out:

Alexis Sanchez
Chris Smalling
Ashley Young
Antonio Valencia
Romelu Lukaku
Matteo Darmian
Marouane Fellaini

Unread 16-01-2021, 08:36 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999

Imagine where we'd be if Big Louis hadn't been stabbed in the back by Woodward and allowed to implement his philosophy, before passing the baton to Ole.

The club had the right idea at one point, but it should have been Ole in there with Louis instead of Giggs. That @#%&! Mourinho set us back at leat 5 years.

Unread 16-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Notable Players out:

Alexis Sanchez
Chris Smalling
Ashley Young
Antonio Valencia
Romelu Lukaku
Matteo Darmian
Marouane Fellaini

Doing his best to pack off Jones, Lingard, Mata and Rojo among others. Hates the shit@#%&!s does Ole.

Unread 16-01-2021, 09:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Imagine where we'd be if Big Louis hadn't been stabbed in the back by Woodward and allowed to implement his philosophy, before passing the baton to Ole.

The club had the right idea at one point, but it should have been Ole in there with Louis instead of Giggs. That @#%&! Mourinho set us back at leat 5 years.
I’ll bite.

Alongside mou, was the least united like manager you could imagine. For a club 100% built on fast attacking football and risk taking to somehow arrive at that slow ponderous garbage was tough. His transfer/squad management was shocking too.

But for the club to go from lvg to Mou was truly mental.

Woody

Unread 16-01-2021, 09:15 PM
red in cumbria

Neither of those two was as "mental" a choice for manager as the original replacement for Fergal.

Never forget

Unread 16-01-2021, 09:17 PM
Baron

Van Gaal was a catastrophic mess. A man past his prime, doing it for a pay check. He wasn’t committed, he knew he was retiring & sorting his pension out. His reputation mattered more than Utd, he was as bad a Mou for self promotion. #@&%!. The worst football I’ve ever seen a Utd team play consistently.
Closed Thread