United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Do you consider Beckham a United legend?
Yes 29 65.91%
No 15 34.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Spiffy

Default Do you consider Beckham a United legend?

Ptf.

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

In the true sense, no.

In the modern Sky fan sense, definately.

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
dunk

Yes.

Do you consider Mark Hughes a Legend?

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

no but should have been the sideshow / off the field distractions put pay to him becoming one.
great player during most his time with united though

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yes.

Do you consider Mark Hughes a Legend?
Of course, if Hughes doesn't qualify, who does? Hughes is a £#%&!ing geezer and future United manager.

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:54 PM
believe

yes i £#%&!ing do. anyone who doesn't is a £#%&!ing #@&%!head.

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
TreeFiddy

Yep.

Forced out the club by Ferguson.

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Of course, if Hughes doesn't qualify, who does? Hughes is a £#%&!ing geezer and future United manager.
Well, he left twice, only came back because no one else wanted him and he had failed abroad, played for several of our rivals in England and has admitted to being a Chelsea fan.

And he will never be fit to manage Manchester United as long as the hole in his arse points at the floor.

He was my £#%&!ing hero too.

So, if he is a Legend, Beckham pisses it.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:13 PM
redmike

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
What this geezer said.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well, he left twice, only came back because no one else wanted him and he had failed abroad, played for several of our rivals in England and has admitted to being a Chelsea fan.

And he will never be fit to manage Manchester United as long as the hole in his arse points at the floor.

He was my £#%&!ing hero too.

So, if he is a Legend, Beckham pisses it.
Hughes>Beckham. You are correct in what you say (a bit harsh about his career abroad Barca and Bayern are big clubs). Hughes has never had a bad word to say about us, he hasn't spun any stories in the press and he's as red as he could be. He played for Chelsea and would obviously like to manage them but I'm convinced he'd take United over Chelsea.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:22 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Wheres the #@&%!head cue?

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Hughes>Beckham. You are correct in what you say (a bit harsh about his career abroad Barca and Bayern are big clubs). Hughes has never had a bad word to say about us, he hasn't spun any stories in the press and he's as red as he could be. He played for Chelsea and would obviously like to manage them but I'm convinced he'd take United over Chelsea.
Beckham has never said anything remotely negative about United, he once made a comment that was reported as him being unsure as to who he would like to win between United and Liverpool, as he had a lot of friends in both squads. That is it. Everything else he has said has been pro-United and pro-Ferguson, despite their perceived fall out.

I was harsh on Hughes, I was just applying to him the same harshness you seem to apply to Beckham, and Fergie when you talk about him. You seem to be very black and white, things that can be perceived as negative are over exaggerated and used almost as a stick to beat them with.

The fact is that Both Beckham and Fergie thought it was time for him to go, I think United probably did too, so, although Beckham did his utmost to make sure he got the move he wanted, he was as wronged as he was wronging.

The effort, sweat, inspiration and pride he exhibited throughout his time at United make him a Legend, just the same as Hughsies conduct in both spells here mean the same.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:33 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
Wheres the #@&%!head cue?
it's on the rack with all the others. or do you mean queue?

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
it's on the rack with all the others. or do you mean queue?
It's getting late.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
It's getting late.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Professor

He's a Galaxy legend, anyone who disagrees is a £#%&!ing #@&%!head.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:12 PM
RedArmy20

he has been a great player for us for most of his years at united.

he did much for us and i you cant say he wasnt a great player for us.

but a legend? no.

hes not really known for his 'magnificent' times at united. he is not really known as other legends like denis irwin, denis law, best, cantona, hughes etc are known for.

nft.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Mr_Ed

He was a great player but not a legend. IMHO he put too much emphasis on Engurland and in the latter days his best performances were for them and not us... and his wife's a skinny slag.

A great player but not a legend.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Crumps

Was an excellent player for most of his career at United and while it suited him. He could have been a legend but being England captain and a 'celeb' was far more important to him.
Closed Thread