United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Coracao

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Man Utd v Sunderland match thread (Links, teams and doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
For the second time I'm not basing my opinion of him on yesterdays performance. He would not be picked in the first 3 forward positions of any of the top half of the premiership. He wouldn't have been picked for us if Owen were fit. He's had a couple of mediocre games in the carling cup and against week sides. He isn't half the player Rossi was and he wasn't good enough.
I wasn't particularly talking about you.

As for the rest of your post. He is £#%&!ing 18.

Bit of perspective please.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Man Utd v Sunderland match thread (Links, teams and doom)

Quote:
For the second time I'm not basing my opinion of him on yesterdays performance. He would not be picked in the first 3 forward positions of any of the top half of the premiership. He wouldn't have been picked for us if Owen were fit. He's had a couple of mediocre games in the carling cup and against week sides. He isn't half the player Rossi was and he wasn't good enough.
Very good point.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:28 PM
sharath

I think he will make it at united if he is played sufficiently in strikers role. Probably macheda's sending off helped welbeck to an extent against wolves.

I am still of the opinion that macheda has more chance of making it here than welbeck. purely because he does what people appreciate more and gets him headlines, that is score goals.

Ole didn't have much to his game like say andy cole. neither did ruud. but they had this knack off being in the right position at the right time.

even in reserve matches, I have seen him do bugger all but suddenly he will take one good touch and bang, he will get a goal.

Personally from what little I have seen so far, king seems to have both what macheda and welbeck have.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
such a tough game??
Sunderland at home

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:30 PM
sharath

Quote:
maybe not but its not the only criteria you need.

gourcuff was woeful at milan. but still he is looking like new zidane at bordeaux.

Macheda has already had twice the impact that rossi had at united. And he also doesn't have as much technical ability as rossi. I actually think rossi is destined to be a big fish in a small pond. nft.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Sunderland at home
Yep.

Sunderland are a very tough nut to crack at Old Trafford.
They always get up for it, there's so many ex-United players in the team & on the Staff.

I think a few of the players yesterday couldn't believe how fired up Sunderland were.
We didn't react very well which is a bit of a concern.