Unread 13-09-2008, 03:58 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
vds
brown rio vidic evra

ronaldo hargreaves anderson nani

rooney berbatov
Fair enough - personally I'd swap Berbie for Tevez.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:59 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
carrick needs to be in it.
yes he does - sorry - I thought it was players available at the minute

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:01 PM
TreeFiddy

Strongest team for what?

We've got a huge squad with many different types of players. Our strongest team for a game at Stamford Bridge may differ to our strongest team for a home game against Arsenal.

And Carrick should be in your lineup.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Sparky***

vds

brown rio vida evra
ronaldo carrick hargreaves anderson
rooney berbatov.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:07 PM
buryboy

I would have Tevez in any of our strongest teams...

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Firswood Red

VDS
Brown
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Hargreaves
Carrick
Scholes
Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

Hargreaves over Anderson because of his versatility.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:12 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Strongest team for what?

We've got a huge squad with many different types of players. Our strongest team for a game at Stamford Bridge may differ to our strongest team for a home game against Arsenal.

And Carrick should be in your lineup.
I don't see why carrick 'should' be in over hargreaves or anderson. and i think thats perrhaps our most balanced side. i rate carrick but i'm not sure the best way to play him.

hargreaves has a great eye for a pass and is better in the tackle than carrick. anderson is more dynamic than carrick although he's not as good passing wise. carrick doesnt get infront of goal enough to be considered a serious attacking threat and doesn't tackle enough to be a defensive midfielder. As a play maker he's great but sometimes he can be easily marked, where as anderson never stops running.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Camel

Quote:
I don't see why carrick 'should' be in over hargreaves or anderson. and i think thats perrhaps our most balanced side. i rate carrick but i'm not sure the best way to play him.

hargreaves has a great eye for a pass and is better in the tackle than carrick. anderson is more dynamic than carrick although he's not as good passing wise. carrick doesnt get infront of goal enough to be considered a serious attacking threat and doesn't tackle enough to be a defensive midfielder. As a play maker he's great but sometimes he can be easily marked, where as anderson never stops running.
anderson isn't ready...yet. as trefiddy says, it depends on the opposition. for tough games i'd have hargo-carrick.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Carrick is our best midfielder, tactically aware and a brilliant passer , he give Utd a shape and a pattern of play. Playing defensive midfield is not about being great in the tackle, it is about positioning, seeing and reacting to danger.

Hagreaves and Carrick would be my favoured combination, Anderson has a lot of ability but he is not ready for the responsibility and Scholes's lack of legs creates it own set of problems.

Fletcher should be in these discussions as well.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:59 PM
borsuk

scholes out, giggs out, £#%&! rooney off, hargreaves is shit. vds is a liability.

foster, mancho and possebon in, both the twins as well.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
scholes out, giggs out, £#%&! rooney off, hargreaves is shit. vds is a liability.

foster, mancho and possebon in, both the twins as well.

a touch reationary, methinks.

no one is saying giggs and scholes are finished. not me anyway and that's all that really counts in my head.

and rooney just needs a bit of pressure taken off him so he can rediscover his form. playing him up front rather than on the wing would help too. (stating the bleeding obvious)

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:11 PM
TreeFiddy

borsuk out

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Firswood Red

don't get why so many think that Berbatov should be getting a start, he's got to earn the right first.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Hagreaves and Carrick would be my favoured combination, Anderson has a lot of ability but he is not ready for the responsibility and Scholes's lack of legs creates it own set of problems.
Was that not a midfield pair that frustrated last season?

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
don't get why so many think that Berbatov should be getting a start, he's got to earn the right first.
Absolutely.

No Carrick or Tevez in our strongest team is just nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Anderson is not even close to being a certain starter. not even close.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

VDS

brown
rio
vidic
evra

hargreaves
carrick
scholes

ronaldo

rooney
tevez

bench: foster, berbatov, anderson, nani/park, o'shea/fletcher, giggs, neville.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Absolutely.

No Carrick or Tevez in our strongest team is just nonsense as far as I'm concerned.
utter nonsense, Carrick has been our most consistent central midfielder for the past 2 seasons.
Closed Thread