United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Sloppy

Explains why hes not been playing.He had a note saying he had no kit.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:26 PM
M46Red

Who would really spend £m's on him though? They say managers are stupid, to buy Louis Saha now, that would prove it.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Fountz

Default How much did we pay for him ?

..and how much did we pay his agent ?, when apparantly he would've crawled over broken glass to come to us..

hmmm !

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:28 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M46Red
Who would really spend £m's on him though? They say managers are stupid, to buy Louis Saha now, that would prove it.
tbf, when fit he's a very good striker. you could get £6m for him easy. nft.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:31 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Tier2
wonder if the other players get p*ssed off with him ringing in sick all the time
I expect he gets his mum to ring in for him.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:32 PM
puressence

does he do monday morning sickies

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:32 PM
1MUFC

I have been getting the same feeling, I just get the feeling his injuries have begun to affect his head and Ferguson’s has had enough of it and who can blame him. Its unfortunate because saha had a really good opportunity if he stayed fit.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:34 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
He played no part in the WINNING of the title. Titles are not won before Christmas, and this @#%&! clearly didn't have the bottle for the fight.
oh ffs. saha was a crucial member of the team for much of the season. perhaps titles can't be won before christmas, but they can be lost before christmas - just ask benitez.

short memories, some of you.

as it happens i think we should get rid and that he lacks the attitude to play for united. that doesn't change what he did in the first half of the season, though.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Tier2
wonder if the other players get p*ssed off with him ringing in sick all the time
I can imagine him putting on his best sick voice.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:38 PM
celtbion

What would we get for Saha at this stage anyway?

Better to keep him as a (very good) backup striker.

If he plays 20 games next year, that'll be fine.

If he's not taking the piss wages wise (and it's a big if), he might even become like an unpopular version of Solskjaer.

Thing about back-up players is its hard to keep quality ones happy for long periods.

I dunno would a fit Smith deserve to be on the bench most weeks, he's too good a pro for that lark.

Fitful, brittle but undoubtedly talented French players are more suited to that type of a role.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:40 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
as it happens i think we should get rid and that he lacks the attitude to play for united. that doesn't change what he did in the first half of the season, though.

You know, he might be on a sort of strop over being benched to make way for Larsson.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:40 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
What would we get for Saha at this stage anyway?

Better to keep him as a (very good) backup striker.

If he plays 20 games next year, that'll be fine.

If he's not taking the piss wages wise (and it's a big if), he might even become like an unpopular version of Solskjaer.

Thing about back-up players is its hard to keep quality ones happy for long periods.

I dunno would a fit Smith deserve to be on the bench most weeks, he's too good a pro for that lark.

Fitful, brittle but undoubtedly talented French players are more suited to that type of a role.
this injury £#%&!s things up. i can see a cheap striker coming in. Viduka anyone? nft.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:43 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
You know, he might be on a sort of strop over being benched to make way for Larsson.
my thoughts exactly. the whole larsson thing was bizarre and very badly handled, imho.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:45 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
when apparantly he would've crawled over broken glass to come to us..
He would have been out for months if he'd done that

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:46 PM
dodger

Quote:
Considering what happened last season that would be very childish behaviour.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:47 PM
The Return of JC

Saha pretending to be his dad on the phone:

'Hello. I'm afraid Louis won't make it to Wembley as he hurt himself on the last school trip to Italy.'

'I see. And who is calling?'

'This is my dad.............Ah, shit!'

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:48 PM
El Calafate

Default more fergie

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that he will be without Louis Saha for Saturday's FA Cup final clash with Chelsea, and says a decision will be taken in the next seven days on whether to operate on the striker's knee injury.

The Frenchman has been limited to just four starts in 2007 due to hamstring and knee problems. His last appearance came as a substitute in the final 13 minutes of United's Champions League defeat in Milan.

It was hoped that spelt the end of his injury worries, but the 28-year-old suffered a relapse in training. A scan on Monday has identified the problem and now a decision must be taken as to whether rest or surgery is the best cure.

"There has been no progress," the boss told reporters on Wednesday morning. "He had a scan on Monday and we know the problem now. It's a matter of deciding what to do next; we're considering whether or not to operate. We'll make that decision in the next week."

The United manager refused to place any blame on the Frenchman, adding: "He's just unfortunate. It started off with a hamstring injury and then he gets a knee injury in training. It can happen, you come back from an injury and you're desperate to do well. You try and compensate sometimes and he has ended up with a knee injury.

"That happens with football, especially as Louis is a player built for speed. We can't apportion blame in any way. If you look at his record, he has had injuries. We were aware of that before we signed him. But he's such a fantastic striker that we took the chance. In many ways we're pleased because when he has played he's been a marvellous player for us. We just have to accept it's part of the game."

Saha joins skipper Gary Neville on the sidelines ahead of Saturday's showpiece final at Wembley. Aside from those two injuries, Sir Alex has a full squad to pick from, with Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic both fit and available for selection.

nft.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:50 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that he will be without Louis Saha for Saturday's FA Cup final clash with Chelsea, and says a decision will be taken in the next seven days on whether to operate on the striker's knee injury.

The Frenchman has been limited to just four starts in 2007 due to hamstring and knee problems. His last appearance came as a substitute in the final 13 minutes of United's Champions League defeat in Milan.

It was hoped that spelt the end of his injury worries, but the 28-year-old suffered a relapse in training. A scan on Monday has identified the problem and now a decision must be taken as to whether rest or surgery is the best cure.

"There has been no progress," the boss told reporters on Wednesday morning. "He had a scan on Monday and we know the problem now. It's a matter of deciding what to do next; we're considering whether or not to operate. We'll make that decision in the next week."

The United manager refused to place any blame on the Frenchman, adding: "He's just unfortunate. It started off with a hamstring injury and then he gets a knee injury in training. It can happen, you come back from an injury and you're desperate to do well. You try and compensate sometimes and he has ended up with a knee injury.

"That happens with football, especially as Louis is a player built for speed. We can't apportion blame in any way. If you look at his record, he has had injuries. We were aware of that before we signed him. But he's such a fantastic striker that we took the chance. In many ways we're pleased because when he has played he's been a marvellous player for us. We just have to accept it's part of the game."

Saha joins skipper Gary Neville on the sidelines ahead of Saturday's showpiece final at Wembley. Aside from those two injuries, Sir Alex has a full squad to pick from, with Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic both fit and available for selection.

nft.
That's the first time I've heard Fergie speak positively and openly about him since this debacle.

It's noises like that which suggest he still has a future.

Come on Louis, don't £#%&! it up!

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:51 PM
The Guvner

I think after celtic away he has just lost his bottle.
I this is his reaction to having a bad game, good riddance to him.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:53 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guvner
I think after celtic away he has just lost his bottle.
I this is his reaction to having a bad game, good riddance to him.
Everyone says this but conveniently forgets he scored a cracker in the Chelsea game three days later.

I think the Larsson thing was more of an issue.
Closed Thread