United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:57 PM
In 76 now this is true

8 league games over subscribed by 20,000+ last season, thats the main cause of the rises. Only 4 games all season not over subscribed.
15,000+ on the current season ticket waiting list (Although in reality, once offered a ticket and having to actually pay for it, will compile a different set of figures).

People wont boycott en-masse. FACT. They wont even do it for one game. FACT

As you say, rises will occur until the level is reached where people can no longer afford to go or the market has fell out of football.
The price rises have allowed to continue in dramatic fashion for the last 12 years, yet people simply accept them.

Personally, im in the same boat as Mark O, who knows what circumstances might change.

The problem is, as just one group (Utd supporters), there is not a strong enough collective group to challenge the authorities, the clubs or the leagues.

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:00 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by you_are_my_solskjaer
yea i completely agree, i just don't think its fair to have a go at those who can afford it. Still, I'd much rather the tickets were cheaper with "real fans" attending. I'm not saying that the people affording to go aren't real fans, i just don't feel the atmosphere is as good as it used to be
The fact that some people can afford it is by the by .The fact that these "people who can" actively encourage the gimps to take the piss more and more on an annual basis is the point i'm driving at.

What is the cut off point because as far as I see it then these @#%&!s will be raising prices again this time next year .It will become an ground full of those that can excluding those that can't ie youngsters and those with families and other responsibilities.

The point where OT becomes a polite middle class haven , devoid of atmosphere and emotion is not far off but that's alright though because they can afford it and £#%&! everyone else

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Enjoying Insanity

No Tufty,

The reason for the price rises is to pay the debt off.

You don't have to charge the absolute maximum possible, the fans loyalty to the club was repaid by the club by keeping the prices at what could be reasonably afforded by the average person.

What will happen now is that the prices will go up so sharply so the number oversubscribed will be 0 for every match, it's the business way to do it, and financially the most efficient.

What that will do though is price-out the average local United fan, and also a lot of loyal fans whove been going from before I was born.

If you think that is right then you are in la-la land. But I guess you with you getting free tickets off your paymasters it doesn't really effect you.

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:06 PM
chorleyred

EI, I can't keep up with you, which one is tufty this time?

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:07 PM
you_are_my_solskjaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
The fact that some people can afford it is by the by .The fact that these "people who can" actively encourage the gimps to take the piss more and more on an annual basis is the point i'm driving at.

What is the cut off point because as far as I see it then these @#%&!s will be raising prices again this time next year .It will become an ground full of those that can excluding those that can't ie youngsters and those with families and other responsibilities.

The point where OT becomes a polite middle class haven , devoid of atmosphere and emotion is not far off but that's alright though because they can afford it and £#%&! everyone else
thats not what im saying, if you read my other comments it's clear that i am against the ticket price rise as they effect myself, and being a student i'm going to have to work my £#%&!ing arse off this summer in order to pay for next season

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
EI, I can't keep up with you, which one is tufty this time?

The 76 character, I've seen him use this argument before on Red-ish.

The "Passive defence" I like to call it....

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:10 PM
chorleyred

I had him down as parko tbh

then again, it's too serious a reply to be parko

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:11 PM
In 76 now this is true

Tufty is anyone who has a difference of oppinion to Enjoying Insanity and his little crew. There are at leat 30 Tufty's on here, I presume I am the latest one.

For info, the Glazers dont need to pay off the debt, they only need to cover interest payments and keep the business at a level that keeps its value high, eg by winning things and competing on the pitch.
Why did a season ticket go up 92% from 1994 to 2004? Where was your objection then? You can spot a small crack in yor wall, live with it for a few years, try and put a plantpot in the way so you dont notice it, but then when your wall is looking wobbly and your ceiling is starting to crack, you suddenly take notice.

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:14 PM
BigDogg

The Glazers are gambling with the money in the same way as Leeds did.

Leeds assumed that they'd get european football and budgeted on it.

Glazer has assumed that they can keep raising prices and fill the ground with day trippers each week because there will, in his eyes, always be day trippers. Just so he can pay off his interest.

The problem will come when Utd aren't doing so well, i.e. when Fergie eventually leaves, and there wont be the demand from day trippers and the loyal fans who have been priced out wont come back to help the gimps out.

His basically placed a huge accumulator bet on Utd doing well for the next 10 -20 years or so

Unfortunately it means that if Utd play well and win stuff like we all want then it will mean that we can no longer afford to go. If we dont do well then tickets will be easy to come by but the club will be financially £#%&!ed. Catch 22

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:15 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
Tufty is anyone who has a difference of oppinion to Enjoying Insanity and his little crew. There are at leat 30 Tufty's on here, I presume I am the latest one.

For info, the Glazers dont need to pay off the debt, they only need to cover interest payments and keep the business at a level that keeps its value high, eg by winning things and competing on the pitch.
Why did a season ticket go up 92% from 1994 to 2004? Where was your objection then? You can spot a small crack in yor wall, live with it for a few years, try and put a plantpot in the way so you dont notice it, but then when your wall is looking wobbly and your ceiling is starting to crack, you suddenly take notice.

hmmmm, I think he could be right though

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:

That is a belter, "the Glazers dont need to pay off the debt"

What are the banks just going to forget about it ???

And BTW the @#%&! family are paying off neither the debt or the interest payments, fans who go are.

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Whip Hubley

it really is finance at it's lowest common denominator.

you know what my bank manager says to me every time i'm in the place?

"don't spend what you haven't got"

[SIZE="4"]NFT

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:17 PM
keane Roy

the sooner the money side of football goes on its arse the better

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Flowers of Manchester

Chorley I am as shocked as you about 76 replies, but I am prettty sure its Parko as I am sure he had that name before on Fred Tissue.

Could be wrong tho!

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:19 PM
In 76 now this is true

Banks arent bothered if your paying your repayments, the longer a debt goes on, gets re-financed etc, the more the banks make in interest. Currently the banks know there is an asset to back it up.

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
Chorley I am as shocked as you about 76 replies, but I am prettty sure its Parko as I am sure he had that name before on Fred Tissue.

Could be wrong tho!
Parko can't spell this well

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:23 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Banks arent bothered if your paying your repayments, the longer a debt goes on, gets re-financed etc, the more the banks make in interest. Currently the banks know there is an asset to back it up.
Does your gang of Glazer £#%&! Vichy Reds work in shifts as there always seems one about to defend the indefensible

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:24 PM
chorleyred

it's parko's email addy.

but I reckon danny could spell opinion. (he's a clever little £#%&!er for all he's a #@&%! )

tufty on the other hand, can't spell for shit.

who knows or cares

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
So you are saying it acceptable to never pay the debt off, hence always have the club in the hands of hedge funds who would asset strip the instant a repayment wasn't made ???

The fact is Manchester United have very few tangible assets, hence why "normal" banks were reluctant to finance this deal, and also why the interest rates are so high.

The @#%&! family are maximising revenue while the success on the pitch is dragging in JCLers from all over the place. As soon as that success stops, and that particular revenue stream ceases, then they are £#%&!ed because the prices are so high, and he has alienated "normal" fans with prohibitive pricing and generally being a @#%&!.

That doesn't sound like good business practice to me.

Unread 15-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Welly

Quote:
This is true.

By allowing the Glazers to stay in charge they will increase the debt year on year.

It is nigh on imposiible for the Glazer to cover the interest payments long term and for United to remain competitive on the pitch.

By juggling and increasing the debt for the last two years they have manged to avoid having to pay any interest. This can only go on for so long before the banks start to question the value of the property the Glazers are putting on their remortgage application.

The longer the Glazers are here the larger the debt and the problem will be for the future United fans when they leave.

So enjoy it until you are priced out, see if they can eek out a few more trophies before reality bites and £#%&! the future. That's the attitude isn't it?
Closed Thread