Unread 15-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Vedder

He’s just walked back into the team he’s absolute turd ffs. I’d rather Young

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He’s just walked back into the team he’s absolute turd ffs. I’d rather Young
he subbed Williams for Shaw against Villa didn't he I thought he was injured at the time but obviously not

get him back in for midweek defo

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:29 PM
The Stella Fella

Wasn’t only the one who gave the corner away he was also the defender watching Calvert Lewin on the penalty spot from that corner and just let him go without a challenge or without picking any of the other 2 players up.

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Chester Road

Thumbs down

ffs didn't even notice that

Unread 15-12-2019, 10:04 PM
redhegemony

His overlapping was sporadic and not really good enough.

Unread 15-12-2019, 10:23 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
His overlapping was sporadic and not really good enough.
It wasn’t that good. I honestly cannot think of another full back in premier league who cuts in and goes into a narrow midfield position and onto his right foot 3 out of 4 times.

And positionally as seen in today’s goal he is extremely poor.

He is the fat kid at school who always got picked last or should be

Unread 15-12-2019, 11:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
It wasn’t that good. I honestly cannot think of another full back in premier league who cuts in and goes into a narrow midfield position and onto his right foot 3 out of 4 times.

And positionally as seen in today’s goal he is extremely poor.

He is the fat kid at school who always got picked last or should be
Some of Ole’s decisions are mystifying.

Unread 16-12-2019, 12:34 AM
Whalefish

Didn't do enough yesterday.

Unread 16-12-2019, 02:10 PM
utd99

I really don’t understand it. You could make the argument that some of our players haven’t really had enough time in the shirt, on a consistent basis, to know for sure. Fred, for example; even McGuire. But what does he think Shaw is going to do at this point - become defensively aware? Pose a consistent threat going forward? Become an athlete?

He’s played under three managers now and has mostly alternated between underwhelming and outright gash, and don’t make me laugh about player of the year ffs; i’ve never seen a clearer example of a sympathy vote in my life.

I don’t know if Williams is the answer, but play the little £#%&!er and let’s find out. Shaw definitely isn’t so move on.

Unread 16-12-2019, 03:03 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I really don’t understand it. You could make the argument that some of our players haven’t really had enough time in the shirt, on a consistent basis, to know for sure. Fred, for example; even McGuire. But what does he think Shaw is going to do at this point - become defensively aware? Pose a consistent threat going forward? Become an athlete?

He’s played under three managers now and has mostly alternated between underwhelming and outright gash, and don’t make me laugh about player of the year ffs; i’ve never seen a clearer example of a sympathy vote in my life.

I don’t know if Williams is the answer, but play the little £#%&!er and let’s find out. Shaw definitely isn’t so move on.
Even if we were "reducing his playing time" and using Williams more and more as the season goes along, lets be honest Shaw is not even good enough for the bench.

I have some sympathy because I do think a very large part of his problem stemmed from the appalling injury he had. He clearly has a huge appetite and prior to the accident he could probably eat what he wanted but the lay off, recovery, constant injuries means that is no longer the case and as a result due to his reduced speed and mobility that is required in that position, he is no longer good enough, hence often out of position and cannot recover quick enough. When he does get there now he panics like the fat asthmatic kid in the school playground and bums, shins or knees it out of play.

Unread 16-12-2019, 06:50 PM
utd99

Sorted all the staff out with Christmas hampers from Harrods, so in the spirit of the season I’ll lay off him until the new year.

Great player, very underrated.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:15 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Sorted all the staff out with Christmas hampers from Harrods, so in the spirit of the season I’ll lay off him until the new year.

Great player, very underrated.
Bet they were empty after he had “checked” them

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Bet they were empty after he had “checked” them
That’s out of £#%&!ing order mate.

Salad was untouched.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:39 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
That’s out of £#%&!ing order mate.

Salad was untouched.

Unread 17-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Cream

StellaFella has taken a lot of stick for his Shaw stance.

'Obsessed, paranoid, fat shaming'.

Coming up smelling of roses at this juncture. Siders in tatters.

Unread 17-12-2019, 01:03 PM
atticusgrinch

The lad just can't stop eating.

He still waddles into training every day. Can't fault him on that.

Unread 17-12-2019, 01:14 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Siders in tatters.
been that way since LvG was binned tbh

Unread 17-12-2019, 02:14 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
StellaFella has taken a lot of stick for his Shaw stance.

'Obsessed, paranoid, fat shaming'.

Coming up smelling of roses at this juncture. Siders in tatters.

Unread 17-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Whiteside onside

Needs to shift a bit more weight.

Unread 15-01-2020, 11:00 AM
dunk

Closed Thread