United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2016, 07:55 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He comes across as a @#%&! tbh.

More importantly during the peak dull, shit on a stick, can't break them down Van Gaal days his limitations stood out a lot. He doesn't dribble past players, not a great crosser, defers a lot. His best work is off the ball where his movement comes into play. That and quick short passes. He missed a lot of decent chances but the fact he was in those positions are a positive if he improves his shooting. In a functional attack his limitations can be less noticeable. At best I see him as a Park type squad player who is handy across the front-line.
Care to comment

Unread 08-08-2016, 08:19 AM
silv

Wtf was that celebration yesterday?

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
This season, the new goal celebration of choice could be the Hit Them Folks dance routine, as displayed by Jesse Lingard on Sunday in the Community Shield.

#hitthemfolks
Maaaaaaad

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:03 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This season, the new goal celebration of choice could be the Hit Them Folks dance routine, as displayed by Jesse Lingard on Sunday in the Community Shield.

#hitthemfolks
Maaaaaaad
I'm too old for this shit.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'm too old for this shit.
Whip nae nae, dabberman, hit them folks...

It's only like 'you've been tangos' or the 'mr soft walk' or even a big Budweiser "WHATSAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaap"

Social and music influence in main stream gol celebrations.

Cmon silv, don't give up..

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:07 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Whip nae nae, dabberman, hit them folks...

It's only like 'you've been tangos' or the 'mr soft walk' or even a big Budweiser "WHATSAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaap"

Social and music influence in main stream gol celebrations.

Cmon silv, don't give up..
I thought it was interpretive dance and he was mimicking catching a butterfly that had landed on his finger before flicking it off and stamping on it.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Cream

Quote:
I thought it was interpretive dance and he was mimicking catching a butterfly that had landed on his finger before flicking it off and stamping on it.
Er, he was clearly fly fishing.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:16 AM
browser

Messi Lingard, a scorer of great goals, nqat.

Top Red

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It's a dance move from Atlanta mate...

He gets them all from the NBA NFL lads..

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._touchd .html

Loads on YouTube, currently watching s tutorial

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Tiberian

How many times did we see Lingard show that type of direct running and aggression under LVG? The best part of his game last year was his movement and little pieces of interplay with his good technique, but was too often rather conservative in his play.

At the moment I would compare him to the likes of Pedro, not always an eye-catching player but could be quite effective with top players around him.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:24 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
It's only like the Sharpey shuffle or his Elvis/Giggs and Ince hand thing...

Just go with it. We're just old.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
How many times did we see Lingard show that type of direct running and aggression under LVG? The best part of his game last year was his movement and little pieces of interplay with his good technique, but was too often rather conservative in his play.

At the moment I would compare him to the likes of Pedro, not always an eye-catching player but could be quite effective with top players around him.
Don't do that, I hate Pedro

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:27 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Every team needs a Park Ji. Puts a shift in. Good on the ball. Can score goals. Great for team morale. Delighted for Jesse.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:28 AM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

Top Red
Not a great goal scorer but a scorer of great goals
Loves to score at Wembley

The new Wembley warrior?

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:31 AM
dunk

Has he scored a shit one yet? Even his first was a belter

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:33 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's only like the Sharpey shuffle or his Elvis/Giggs and Ince hand thing...

Just go with it. We're just old.
I'm not hating... each to their own. it's a new generation and I'm behind the times.. When I was 19 I walked around in a pair of giant Wu-Wear jeans and wore a backwards red NY cap round the mean streets of South West Devon.. Looked a bigger @#%&! than our Jesseh....

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:35 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I'm not hating... each to their own. it's a new generation and I'm behind the times.. When I was 19 I walked around in a pair of giant Wu-Wear jeans and wore a backwards red NY cap round the mean streets of South West Devon.. Looked a bigger @#%&! than our Jesseh....
Some things are better left unsaid silv. That was one of them.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not a great goal scorer but a scorer of great goals
Loves to score at Wembley

The new Wembley warrior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Some things are better left unsaid silv. That was one of them.

Unread 08-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Don't do that, I hate Pedro
Yes, but as Atticus points out not every player can be a star. You need players who are prepared to follow instructions, work for the team. With Zlatan and soon Pogba in the same team, how many other huge ego's could be accommodated?

Perhaps another comparison could be Ljunberg for Arsenal, consistently scored big goals for Arsenal while teams were focusing on Pires/Henry and co.

Unread 08-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

Top Red
Sadly that's all 3 of them isn't it?
Closed Thread