Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Wart Chest

Just another cleverly - get rid asap

Unread 04-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell this lad is judged harshly especially considering some of the shit that is worshipped
Rubbish .

How many games did he play in last season ?

How many times did he score ?

How many goals/ chances did he set up ?

How many times did he get you out your seat ?

Waste of space . Kill him now and feed the meat to ibrahamovic.

Unread 04-08-2016, 05:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Rubbish .

How many games did he play in last season ?

How many times did he score ?

How many goals/ chances did he set up ?

How many times did he get you out your seat ?

Waste of space . Kill him now and feed the meat to ibrahamovic.
Think he scored about 6, made a few, nothing spectacular, did score the winner in a cup final that deffo got me out of my seat. Did plenty of good things, got in good positions and was involved in the majority of the best performances IIRC.

The lad deserves a chance, and he's going to get one.

Unread 04-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Kangared

His energy & enthusiasm are what puts him ahead of a lot of players. Final touch often disappointing & not quite the blistering pace of Martial , Rashers or even Memphis & a bit lightweight . A squad player with potential to improve further

Unread 04-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

football is a team game.

lingard makes great runs, stretches teams, keeps the shape, plays for the team, and can finish a lot better than he has so far shown in the first team.

Unread 04-08-2016, 06:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Simple really. He's not good enough.
Not to be a regular starter, no. But even the treble winning side needed squad players as well.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:58 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Think he scored about 6, made a few, nothing spectacular, did score the winner in a cup final that deffo got me out of my seat. Did plenty of good things, got in good positions and was involved in the majority of the best performances IIRC.

The lad deserves a chance, and he's going to get one.
Exactly. He's a very good player to have as part of the squad. Plays in a number of positions; is mobile; has high fitness levels; and is happy to be part of a squad i.e. respects the fact that he will not be first choice every week. Plus he grew up at the club and seems to be a fairly good professional. Oh and he scored an outstanding goal to win us the FA Cup only 3 months ago ffs. This place at times.

Good thread btw...

Unread 05-08-2016, 06:14 AM
barca99

Get rid asap. Not good enough, not even close.

Unread 05-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Child of Darkness

Even his greatest advocates have him as nothing more than a squad player .

There's plenty out there better , there's a good few in the youth team I'd bet who'd contribute more goals and chances created .

He wouldn't get into the squad of any of the big European teams , and that's the the test .

Evisorate him and nail his flaccid skin to the entrance to carrington as a warning to others who think good movement is enough .

Unread 07-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Some absolute STATES in here lads.... ^^^^^^^

Unread 07-08-2016, 03:58 PM
dunk

Unread 07-08-2016, 04:27 PM
20 times

Yeah a good goal in a friendly and his numerous anonymous performances don't matter any more

Unread 07-08-2016, 05:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Yeah a good goal in a friendly and his numerous anonymous performances don't matter any more
He won us our first post-Fergie trophy, pal.

Unread 07-08-2016, 05:15 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He won us our first post-Fergie trophy, pal.
Yeah I know. That doesn't mean he's any good though.

Unread 07-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Yeah I know. That doesn't mean he's any good though.
But hes improving..nobody is calling him a worldy , but he has done well including scoring two great goals. He will be a decent player for the squad. You cannot have 22 world class players for every ronaldo you have a park ji sung who can do a job when required

Unread 08-08-2016, 04:41 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Exactly. He's a very good player to have as part of the squad. Plays in a number of positions; is mobile; has high fitness levels; and is happy to be part of a squad i.e. respects the fact that he will not be first choice every week. Plus he grew up at the club and seems to be a fairly good professional. Oh and he scored an outstanding goal to win us the FA Cup only 3 months ago ffs. This place at times.

Good thread btw...
Bang on as per.

Unread 08-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Mr_Ed

I'm prepared to be wrong and hope he kicks on but last season he was mostly average and that fact remains.

Let's see how this season goes.

Unread 08-08-2016, 07:24 AM
Marvel7

I like him as a player, does some really good things, it's true he is limited but if he is happy to be part of the squad then he could have a long Wes Brown type career here. Also think when he is direct and runs at players he could be a really good impact sub.

Unread 08-08-2016, 07:44 AM
Kangared

Also apparently a good mate of Pogs, lets not underestimate that factor in his standing at the club .

Unread 08-08-2016, 07:48 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Also apparently a good mate of Pogs, lets not underestimate that factor in his standing at the club .
Closed Thread