United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2010, 06:02 PM
The Mull

Default Re: what was your worst "own goal" moment as a player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
This thread backs up the shittest players get put at full back myth
Cheeky £#%&!er.....................it's ageing/slowest so ner

Unread 13-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
This thread backs up the shittest players get put at full back myth
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Cheeky £#%&!er.....................it's ageing/slowest so ner
In my defence (see what I did there?) I was the only left-footed player in the team hence me being left full-back.

[SIZE="1"]It's my excuse and a damn fine excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Unread 13-06-2010, 06:14 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
In my defence (see what I did there?) I was the only left-footed player in the team hence me being left full-back.

[SIZE="1"]It's my excuse and a damn fine excuse and I'm sticking to it.
TBH honest your not going to get, a "I aint running for that unless it's passed to my feet centre£#%&!ing foraward" coming on and admitting to any faux pas, now are we. bloody primadonas

Unread 13-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Caster Troy

Against Barnsley home around 98, Pally knocked it back to me, completely air shotted it leaving an easy finish for the striker. Cost us in the end too.

Unread 13-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Applecrumble

Never scored an "own goal" myself but the best one I have seen was when I ran a kids football team.
It was a really windy day and one of the opposition players launched the ball from the right touchline, it went high in the air and toward our goal, our keeper was caught off guard but managed to catch the ball on the goal line,he thought it had gone over, so in his temper he drop kicked the ball into the net, just as the referee was shouting "play on keeper, it's not over".The ref had to give the goal.

Unread 13-06-2010, 10:00 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up Re: what was your worst "own goal" moment as a player...

some crackers there lads.....and if Martin Ferguson PMs you with an offer....i want a percentage

Unread 13-06-2010, 10:39 PM
rogieop

two poor one myself, both happened with me in goal. one game id sliced a few back passes and was under a bit of pressure.

centre half plays the ball back to me, other centre half makes an angle for a pass, he's roaring at me that ive time and to take a touch, im thinking to myself i just want to get one good connection to settle the nerves.

smash, straight off the centre halves face and into the net.

he went £#%&!ing ape shit! stung the face off him and he got accredited with the OG

second one wasnt so bad but more of a pisser, striker lets fly from about 25/30 yards, i fling myself to the right, it was one of them, left hand comes over my head to claw the ball away. got finger tips to it and was just about to crash to the ground awaiting the applause when the £#%&!er came back off the post hit me on my back and trickled over the line. gutted.
Closed Thread