United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2010, 10:23 AM
denis lawless

Default what was your worst "own goal" moment as a player...

standing in as a full back (normally i was the midfield general ) ......

89th minute....defending a corner at the near post....corner comes over, shit daisy cutter, i lost concentration for a split second, ball hits my shin, hits the post and goes in for an equalizer .....sends the cup tie into extra time

fortunately we won the match in extra time

whats yours........

Unread 13-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Sloppy

Never scored one.

Unread 13-06-2010, 10:27 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Never scored one.
what about a stray Vierra type pass

Unread 13-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
what about a stray Vierra type pass
Oh there was plenty of them.

Unread 13-06-2010, 10:31 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Oh there was plenty of them.
first name on the team sheet .....

Unread 13-06-2010, 11:01 AM
tetrisblock

Not an own goal, but something that I still cringe about. Mine is from the season just gone, we were playing the university team in the senior league. Alot of our own player from the previous season had joined the university team as it was their last year in college, turning this into a big game. We had our biggest crowd of the year too. I wasn't starting, usually I play as a centre mid or centre back, but when I did come on I was put at full back. Five minutes after coming on their was a lengthy delay after the ball went out, as the lads tried to get some water reulting in the ref booking them and sending of both managers. So after this facrical delay, I go to restart the game with a throw in, easily the worst foul £#%&!ing throw anybody willl ever see. That was the first and only thing of note, I had done that match, I was mortified. The £#%&!ers were even mentioning it on facebook, with girls who have probably never seen a game before laughing with them and I'm still not allowed to forget it

Unread 13-06-2010, 11:02 AM
buryboy

Playing for the school team against a school who had beaten us 13-1 the first time we played them.... We were 2-1 up and in the 90th minute their winger fired it to the guy at the back stick..... I got in front of him but the ball came off my shin and into the back of the net...... To make matters worse... in my last ditch attempt to stop it from going in, I managed to kick the post and do my ankle in!!!

Haunted me ever since........

Unread 13-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrisblock
Not an own goal, but something that I still cringe about. Mine is from the season just gone, we were playing the university team in the senior league. Alot of our own player from the previous season had joined the university team as it was their last year in college, turning this into a big game. We had our biggest crowd of the year too. I wasn't starting, usually I play as a centre mid or centre back, but when I did come on I was put at full back. Five minutes after coming on their was a lengthy delay after the ball went out, as the lads tried to get some water reulting in the ref booking them and sending of both managers. So after this facrical delay, I go to restart the game with a throw in, easily the worst foul £#%&!ing throw anybody willl ever see. That was the first and only thing of note, I had done that match, I was mortified. The £#%&!ers were even mentioning it on facebook, with girls who have probably never seen a game before laughing with them and I'm still not allowed to forget it
£#%&!ing hell mate. You OK?

Unread 13-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Gruber

had a Robert Green moment when I was a kid. Saved a penalty right on the line and then proceeded to drop it in to the net as I got up to clear the @#%&!

Unread 13-06-2010, 11:32 AM
thatsfuctit

Playing CB for Otley Town against Ilkley on a sunday morning swamp i got the ball closer to the RB position, given the ball was sticking constantly in the water / mud, i thought i would chip it back towards the keeper, but got way too much on it and chipped it right over the keeper from a fairly acute angle, had it been nowadays i would have been a youtube sensation.

Unread 13-06-2010, 11:35 AM
shenwen

playing right back against a team from japan. facing goal defending a ball over the top. just inside the area. swung at the ball. came off my knee and looped over the top of the keeper. five minutes later, same situation (have a feeling the japanese were targeting me for some reason). this time I just lose the player and he scores. manager did a milner with me two minutes later.

Unread 13-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Chorlton74

possibly the 25 minutes i had at left back in the first half last sunday for the Vets team i play for.

made up for it scoring two goals in the second half though.

Unread 13-06-2010, 12:29 PM
HarkNowHear

Playing right back for school. I gave away 2 spot kicks in the space of ten minutes. The first saw me attemting to chip the speedy winger over the school fence. The second was me tipping the ball over the top of the nets. Great save imo.

Playing centre half for my Sunday team. We were murdering this side 0-0 in a cup tie and it was becoming most frustrating. We eventually score with a few minutes left. The opposition push forward and get a corner. I head it clear and it is knocked back into the box. I am going to leather this into next week. It slices off my boot and flys past our keeper.

We won after extra time and eventually went onto the cup final at Edgeley Park.

Unread 13-06-2010, 12:52 PM
The Mull

I think I may have told this before, anyhoo:

Playing for Bramhall North, a few years ago at right back, seems most of

these things are down to fullbacks, last game of the season, we only needed a point to win the league, our opponents, Compstall, were in 2nd place and need the victory to win the league, in was one helluva tough game, last minute of the game we were 2-1 down and were awarded a penalty, no bugger wanted to take it, so up steps your hero, moi, slotted in no problem, bestist ever taken penalty ino view, keeper sent wrong way, right into the corner, we are the CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!! From the kick off the pass it wide to the right winger who punts a hail mary cross into the box, our keeper comes and flaps at it and makes a dogs brekfast of it, it appears that everyone pf Compstalls players is charging into the box to try and get on to the ball, have no fear as the Hero of the day goes to voleey the ball as it drops over my shoulder.......................................... ..................Fecking sliced it straight into the top corner ffs we didn't even finish runners-up , still haunts me to this day

Unread 13-06-2010, 01:26 PM
hopkins

I've done a terry butcher v argentina 86, forward broke through and as he pulled the trigger, I slid from behind and toe-poked into my own net

I've also tried to cushion a header back to the keeper, without realising he's already called it and come flying off his line, and watched it sail over his head into the empty net. I did that twice last season

Unread 13-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Dueling Banjos

Playing left back and went behind the keeper to cover the goal as a winger rounded him. The winger shot at goal and the ball cannoned off the far post and straight into my path where I caught it full volley, in my stride, into the roof of the net from about 8 yards. Hell of a finish tbf truthful.

Unread 13-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Billy Bigbollox

I too had a Rob Green moment playing for the school team. A long aimless punt into the box which I went to collect as it dropped from the sky, it sailed into my waiting arms ansd then squrmed straight out and into the net. Cue furious team mates giving me a right %@#$&!ing as I saw my arse and stormed off the pitch, flinging my shirt and gloves behind me.

Unread 13-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Appletango

Playing centre half in a cup final due to injury and was asked to man marked their star striker who was a cross between Messi and Iniesta.

He destroyed me, they won 4-3.

He megged me twice in one minute to. @#%&!. We would have won the treble if it weren't for that.

Unread 13-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Appletango

This thread backs up the shittest players get put at full back myth

Unread 13-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Part 36 Offer

never had a very bad game tbh

mr consistent
Closed Thread