United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2010, 03:52 PM
dodger

Default Re: veron regrets leaving united

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
THAT Derby game did it for most United fans I reckon, a real shame as he was (and is) a quality player.

The system we play now, he would fit in perfectly. A midfield of Carrick, Fletch and a young Veron. Hmmm

It was the Boro debacle that was the last straw for me. And yes he would fit much more neatly into our current system. I suspect he'd still struggle with the tempo of games though

Unread 09-06-2010, 03:53 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Indeed, I look forward to our new side next season;

.........................Weaver

Belletti.......Caldwell......Ether............Sylv inho

Argentina........Butt.......Ballack.........Petrov

.......................Cole

........................Benjani

Should be epic.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Barcabal

All the Champion league games he came into his own! one of the Utds best techincally ever. but like the humble man he is, he struggled with the physical and fitness side.

Side thought
Basically that shit attitude that most cretins show at sunday league games. shouting "get stuck in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "100%" utter shit heads they are. This country and our philosophy of football??! Its all aggression and fitness and no style and substance. No wonder FIFA hates us and our game never will win the world cup out side our own!

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
All the Champion league games he came into his own! one of the Utds best techincally ever. but like the humble man he is he struggled with the physical and fitness side.

Side thought
Basically that shit attitude that most cretins show at sunday league games. shouting "get stuck in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "100%" utter shit heads they are. This country and our philosophy of football??! Its all aggression and fitness and no style and substance. No wonder FIFA hates us and our game never will win the world cup out side our own!
Wtf

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wtf
Saw your earlier post that you just didnt get Veron. Sorry I pity your footballing knowledge a little as when we bought him he was one of the worlds premier creative midfielders. And from what I remember in the big european games where he had a bit more time on the ball, he excelled!

The side thought is our crap attitude to how football should be played in this country, Kapish!

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:28 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Saw your earlier post that you just didnt get Veron. Sorry I pity your footballing knowledge a little as when we bought him he was one of the worlds premier creative midfielders. And from what I remember in the big european games where he had a bit more time on the ball, he excelled!

The side thought is our crap attitude to how football should be played in this country, Kapish!
he was £#%&!ing shite for us ffs, stop being revisionist

i was excited when he came but he was £#%&!ing woeful

if you don't like the work ethic and team spirit fostered at united then you're a mentalist

he is not and never was fit to lace scholes boots

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:31 PM
The Return of JC

Yeah, great player. Really sorry it never worked for him. I remember when we got him that it was the first time we'd signed a genuine world class player at prime age.

And his first few games were so promising. I was oohing and aahing about his ball retention at Blackburn and then he really kicked on at home to Everton. Scored a cracking goal and generally looked totally at ease and took the piss a bit. I really thought he was gonna be a bit special for us at that point.

As someone has said, Fergie was still in his formative 'experimental' years when it came to Europe. If he signed now, it would be a different story.

Top player, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:33 PM
dunk

Quote:

Again, Wtf

I 'didn't get Veron'?

Are sure you are addressing the right person?

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
he was £#%&!ing shite for us ffs, stop being revisionist

i was excited when he came but he was £#%&!ing woeful

if you don't like the work ethic and team spirit fostered at united then you're a mentalist

he is not and never was fit to lace scholes boots
he didnt get the English game, the speed the ferocity of it was too big for him BUT I RESPECT him all the same for being humble about his weaknesses!
Quote:
i was excited when he came
me too but we all know what happened.
Not sure what scholes has to do with it at all, hes a legend and always will be and our ethic is not just hardwork it has glimpses of genius and flair now again. Matt Busby said something along them lines from what I remember.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:36 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
All the Champion league games he came into his own! one of the Utds best techincally ever. but like the humble man he is, he struggled with the physical and fitness side.

Side thought

This is why players like Le Tissier were always overlooked by England for the likes of Steve Hodge.

I went to see David Beckham play for Preston at Deepdale in 1995. My abiding memory of that game is that the fans didn't like him because he didn't 'get stuck in'. Guys, you've got 10 other Third-tier talentless plodders who can fly recklessly into tackles. He then scored a trade mark free kick.

And they STILL bitched and moaned about him being lazy and 'soft'.

They didn't like David Beckham. Old 3rd Division PNE fans didn't like David Bekcham in their side.

Honestly....

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Again, Wtf

I 'didn't get Veron'?

Are sure you are addressing the right person?
No, who are you?...... wait your the one who didnt like him? fair enough I can understand why you didnt.
So WTF?

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:40 PM
£#%&! KFC

wtf is Veron doing in the Argies World Cup squad ffs

Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
This is why players like Le Tissier were always overlooked by England for the likes of Steve Hodge.

I went to see David Beckham play for Preston at Deepdale in 1995. My abiding memory of that game is that the fans didn't like him because he didn't 'get stuck in'. Guys, you've got 10 other Third-tier talentless plodders who can fly recklessly into tackles. He then scored a trade mark free kick.

And they STILL bitched and moaned about him being lazy and 'soft'.

They didn't like David Beckham. Old 3rd Division PNE fans didn't like David Bekcham in their side.

Honestly....
http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/J...r-was-my-idol/
The worlds greatest midfielder says it all about us. we dont appreciate a genius and maybe being a bit 'Lazy' in our teams

Sloppy

Fergie pissing about with the team and formation every week certainly didnt help veron.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
As someone has said, Fergie was still in his formative 'experimental' years when it came to Europe. If he signed now, it would be a different story.

Top player, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.
Agree with that. I often think it was probably a case of right player, right club at the wrong time. Both our style and the league as a whole is better suited to him now than it was ten years ago.

Put a 25-year-old Veron in this United side and he'd probably be fantastic.

Always seems to have a good word about us since leaving, too.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Fergie pissing about with the team and formation every week certainly didnt help veron.
most of his "pissing about" was because of veron though wasn't it iirc tbh

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
No, who are you?...... wait your the one who didnt like him? fair enough I can understand why you didnt.
So WTF?
Where did I say I didn't like him?

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:42 PM
rafabio

He came at a wrong time to united and premiership. IMO he would have been suited better to today's united and premiership.

Back in 2002, united were still a very much old style british team going through a transition to european ways. 2 wide players, 2 box to box centre midfielders and a striker who expects ball to either his feet or crosses.

Where as we now are probably the best when it comes to switching play from gung ho attacking (crossing) team to a possession based football or a counter attacking team.

I still think it was Ruud, who held us back in making the transition. Because he was such a typical english striker ( with a better technical ability and shit attitude). It seemed the transition became so much easier once ruud was binned.

I still remember that game back in the dark period of the club (2005 season ) when we won 4-2 against a in form arsenal at highbury where ronaldo, giggs and rooney were superb constantly switching upfront. (Even O shea scored a superb chip ). We were so good that day, even tweety getting sent off didn't matter. I think that's the moment fergie realised what he had to do to make the transition complete.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:45 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
He came at a wrong time to united and premiership. IMO he would have been suited better to today's united and premiership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agree with that. I often think it was probably a case of right player, right club at the wrong time. Both our style and the league as a whole is better suited to him now than it was ten years ago.

Put a 25-year-old Veron in this United side and he'd probably be fantastic.
Is there a echo in here

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:46 PM
wee man

Quote:
Was he? sorry, not that one, the previous game at OT against Arsenal. He scored the first goal. We had to win too. They were wearing that horrible blue kit, he put his shirt on the corner flag and swung it around. Arsenal were champions at the time. It was a similar performance to the 49 game one. Scholes got the 2nd goal.
Phil Neville was quite good that day as well iirc. Still Veron gave the most impressive 90mins I have seen in the flesh by an individual player v Everton. Left Old T that day thinking we had a real worldbeater - sadly it didn't turm out that way.
Closed Thread