United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Fergie - I won't splash the cash.

don't rate any of your answers tbh.

particularly the one about just spending whatever it takes.

it's also an interesting position for someone like you who hardly ever goes to United anyway to claim that your constant whining about transfers is anything to do with getting your money's worth.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:45 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

it's also an interesting position for someone like you who hardly ever goes to United anyway to claim that your constant whining about transfers is anything to do with getting your money's worth.
I haven't spent a penny at OT for 5 years. Can I moan about where the money is being spent?

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:53 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I haven't spent a penny at OT for 5 years. Can I moan about where the money is being spent?
I hear you, brother. I have pee-pee problems in public toilets too.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Well it is. What would you rather the shitloads of money united make be spent on then? What? As a supporter? A new board room table? David Gill's patio? Enlighten me.

Is our club spending large amounts of what it makes on players suddenly vulgar? Don't remember anyone saying that in 2001 when ruud and veron were signed. Or in 2002 when we signed Rio... Or when we signed jaap stam, blomqvist and yorke. Obviously, there must have been more "value" back then, eh?

Oooh "would you rather have the wage bill go up, is that what YOU want..for the club to be wasting money away on FOOTBALLERS? " Yes, what a £#%&!ing outrageous suggestion.

Incase you hadn't noticed, united are in a very select group of football clubs and like to market themselves as the biggest and the best. When you want to be the biggest and the best, then there comes a time when you have to put your money where your mouth is.

Up until recently, united have been very good at that. But now we're all supposed to be morally conscious of wage bills.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

SAFs just released a video message saying there won't be any new signings.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
was he on his sunbed with a pina colada?

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:00 PM
believe

Quote:
see if switchers can set a webcam up

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Is our club spending large amounts of what it makes on players suddenly vulgar? Don't remember anyone saying that in 2001 when ruud and veron were signed.
what about in 2000 when Ruud wasn't signed? who did united sign that summer?

you can go round and round and round again. but you cannot identify any real clear difference between United's transfer policy now and United's transfer policy around a decade ago.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Serenity Now

This is definitely a new challenge for Ferguson, but like I've always said, the true measure of a manager is not how much money he spends, but how wisely he spends it. Arsene Wenger has had to work within these kinds of constraints for years now, yet for season after season he's still managed to put together sides that challenge for honours whilst playing some of the most attractive football in Europe. If Ferguson really wants to go down as one of the all-time greats, if he really wants to stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Shankly, (Brian) Clough and Wenger, then this could arguably be the making of him.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
This is definitely a new challenge for Ferguson, but like I've always said, the true measure of a manager is not how much money he spends, but how wisely he spends it. Arsene Wenger has had to work within these kinds of constraints for years now, yet for season after season he's still managed to put together sides that challenge for honours whilst playing some of the most attractive football in Europe. If Ferguson really wants to go down as one of the all-time greats, if he really wants to stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Shankly, (Brian) Clough and Wenger, then this could arguably be the making of him.
Remember when Serenity used to be really sensible.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
what about in 2000 when Ruud wasn't signed? who did united sign that summer?

you can go round and round and round again. but you cannot identify any real clear difference between United's transfer policy now and United's transfer policy around a decade ago.
The fact is, united have never been afraid to spend when needed. United have never been afraid to break record transfers. NEVER.

Now we keep getting this 'no value' %@#$&!s rammed down our throats and keep being told 'how difficult it is in the current climate' to get players. All variations on a theme. Bullshit, bullshit £#%&!ing bullshit. Excuses.

You believe what you want mate. You'll be sitting in old trafford on your own soon.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The fact is, united have never been afraid to spend when needed. United have never been afraid to break record transfers. NEVER.

Now we keep getting this 'no value' %@#$&!s rammed down our throats and keep being told 'how difficult it is in the current climate' to get players. All variations on a theme. Bullshit, bullshit £#%&!ing bullshit. Excuses.

You believe what you want mate. You'll be sitting in old trafford on your own soon.
he won't

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
he won't
You're right. Parters will be sat next to him.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky***
the fact is, united have never been afraid to spend when needed. United have never been afraid to break record transfers. Never.

what!?

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
believe

Quote:
You're right. Parters will be sat next to him.
and earsy and andy green

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
what!?
Wishful thinking.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

much of this debate comes down to the argument over whether or not United currently need to spend big money in the first place.

the english transfer record is curently the Tevez deal. do you honestly think that City signing someone for even more money than that would benefit english football?

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
much of this debate comes down to the argument over whether or not United currently need to spend big money in the first place.

the english transfer record is curently the Tevez deal. do you honestly think that City signing someone for even more money than that would benefit english football?
i give up.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
I believe Manchester United might have broken one or two transfer records.

Most Expensive defender, Pallister.

The Keane transfer was a record.

Oh, we broke the most expensive transfer for a defender again with Rio

Most expensive teenager, Rooney.

I think Robbo was a record buy as well.

Oh and most expensive transfer in the history of football, to satisfy the @#%&! familiy's debt repayments.

Say Hi to Uncle Malc when ou get a chance, I hope he is still drooling and in immense pain.
Andy Cole
Roy Keane
Veron?
Rio
Berbatov

United never buy big, we always just use youth team players, as you can see from the above.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
i give up.
You may as well. He'll keep throwing curve balls at you for no reason and just when you think you have finally answered all his points, he'll move the goalposts. He thinks it's funny and he's dead clever. He doesn't realise that the vast majority of people on here have seen through it already.
Closed Thread