United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Spiffy

Default Fergie - I won't splash the cash.

It's OK though because we're going to win the league. SAF has never counted a trophy before we have won it in the past. Why now? Probably because he knows how this comment will go down with the fans.

Quote:
MANCHESTER UNITED boss Alex Ferguson has said he will not splash the cash this summer.

United chairman David Gill has insisted the £80million transfer fee from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo is still available to spend on top players.

Unread 08-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Whalefish

Default Re: Fergie - I won't splash the cash.

He won't or he can't?

He'll be harping on about younger players being developed soon, giving them a chance etc. We'll be then left wondering when he's going to give them a chance next season as he defaults to Giggs, Scholes and Neville week in week out.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He won't or he can't?

He'll be harping on about younger players being developed soon, giving them a chance etc. We'll be then left wondering when he's going to give them a chance next season as he defaults to Giggs, Scholes and Neville week in week out
As you like to say, exciting times

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
As you like to say, exciting times
Oh aye, it's certainly that.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Sparky***

I don't know about you but i hate seeing the club splashing loads of money on players, it's vulgar, and something only crass teams like real madrid, barcelona and city do. i'd rather we just keep it and spend it on better things like more corporate hospitality suites and new shiny scoreboards.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't know about you but i hate seeing the club splashing loads of money on players, it's vulgar, and something only crass teams like real madrid, barcelona and city do. i'd rather we just keep it and spend it on better things like more corporate hospitality suites and new shiny scoreboards.
Let's be honest now, £80M for a footballer is obscene. We were right to take the cash. That sort of money should be used to service debt, not buy footballers. I'm glad SAF has finally come round to this way of thinking.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Let's be honest now, £80M for a footballer is obscene. We were right to take the cash. That sort of money should be used to service debt, not buy footballers. I'm glad SAF has finally come round to this way of thinking.
yep because ronaldo was desperate to stay as well.

not a good example to illustrate your point

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
We're so £#%&!ing spoilt and selfish tbh. Expecting the money the club makes to be spent on the team. It should be hoarded into one big pile so the glazers can swim in it, like scrooge mcduck in the opening titles of "duck tales."

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
I'd rather they just gave it to me.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:15 PM
marlo

Quote:
ronaldo left a sinking ship. probably has a hunch about things like that.

fergie spoke of his faith in berbatov and him having a good 2nd season.....booooom ronnie wants to leave....

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Whalefish

I thought we'd get to page 3 at least before Berbatov was blamed. Hey ho.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
ronaldo left a sinking ship. probably has a hunch about things like that.

fergie spoke of his faith in berbatov and him having a good 2nd season.....booooom ronnie wants to leave....
£#%&! off melonhead

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:19 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
£#%&! off melonhead
go and choke on a fried mars bar

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Big Norm

We sold our best player for a world record transfer fee, which was paid in one lump sum, and a year later still haven't made any serious attempt to even begin buying anything like a replacement and our manager is already ruling out that happening this summer. If anyone seriously believes we have any of that money available they are a moron.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Sandman

Those quotes were out weeks ago.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:22 PM
safingtons

Will you all stop supporting the club if we don't sign anyone and have to rely on those no mark @#%&!s Giggs, Scholes and Neville for another year?

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out you £#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:23 PM
plopborsky

is this fredtissue 2009

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:23 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Was going to post the same, couple of city supporters at work, talk like money is no object, which to them it aint, but its everything thats making me go off football more and more these days.....I'd like us to see a make a couple of signings, maybe a midfielder and striker, but nothing to crass....wouldnt mind seeing Aug 95 happening all over again tbh...

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Those quotes were out weeks ago.
some of them as much as eight weeks ago

Unread 08-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
We're so £#%&!ing spoilt and selfish tbh. Expecting the money the club makes to be spent on the team. It should be hoarded into one big pile so the glazers can swim in it, like scrooge mcduck in the opening titles of "duck tales."
Ridiculous isn't it? Just a bunch of JCL's expecting investment into the team. Get behind the team, and don't complain about anything.

There's no evidence that the debt is affecting the club's transfer activity.
Closed Thread