believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
oh hey up, giro day is it

Unread 10-06-2010, 02:57 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
Is it just me or did my original question just need a yes or no answer.

Why are you avoiding saying it either way?

It's a simple question.

Is the Glazer business plan viable? Yes or No

youre pissing in the wind Sven.....ive never had an answer out of TT that makes any sense......save yourself the bother .......

Unread 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM
safingtons

Repeated tonight at 25 past midnight on BBC1 for anyone who missed it.

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Repeated tonight at 25 past midnight on BBC1 for anyone who missed it.
TT's yes or no answer? Can't wait.

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:22 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
TT's yes or no answer? Can't wait.
Bitch

Unread 10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
That's Mr Peado to you

Still waiting for TT to answer.....
hate to say........

Unread 10-06-2010, 07:19 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Medawar
'In all territories of thought which science or philosophy can lay claim to, including those upon which literature has also a proper claim, no one who has something original or important to say will willingly run the risk of being misunderstood; people who write obscurely are either unskilled in writing or up to mischief.'

Unread 10-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

right back again now... apologies for having other stuff to do etc...

it's hardly a yes or no answer is it now.

firstly you'd need to outline precisely what you think their business plan is. you'd then need me to assume that you are in fact correct.

strictly for the purposes of a yes or no answer, let us suppose that their plan is to use other people's money to make themselves a few hundred million quid over x amount of years. in this sense their business plan is obviously viable. tellingly, the other people involved are also using other people's money and their plan has proved viable already, in that they have creamed hundreds of millions of quid off united in the first five years with barely a squeak in their direction out of the united faithful.

Unread 11-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Why can you not give a simple yes or no?

These are the facts as far as I know, without selling the best player in the World for a World record fee and hiking up ticket prices a lot higher than inflation, the club would have made around a 100 million pound loss.
the problem here is that I've answered your question directly and you simply can't accept my answer. my answer was yes, it is viable given the assumptions i set out.

it is also viable given the assumptions you've set out above, since you say that the only thing that prevented them making a loss was the way they conducted their business.

the fact that you call your claims facts is another major problem with your position though, if I may say so. Ronaldo was going to be sold, whether it was last summer, this summer or whenever. therefore that money was always going to put money on the balance sheet, if we assume that that was where the transfer money was earmarked to go all along. do you follow? as for ticket prices being hiked? well again, that was always going to happen. and part of the uncomfortable truth aboutb that is that ticket prices have always been kept at artificially low prices at United in the context of their market position in the world of the whole new ball game %@#$&!s that has rolled further and further up its own arse since 1992.

how about you answer a simple question for me now: what specific commitments would you like to see from any prospective new owners regarding bringing tickets back into line with where they would be had they continued to rise at pre glazer levels?

Unread 11-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
the problem here is that I've answered your question directly and you simply can't accept my answer. my answer was yes, it is viable given the assumptions i set out.

it is also viable given the assumptions you've set out above, since you say that the only thing that prevented them making a loss was the way they conducted their business.

the fact that you call your claims facts is another major problem with your position though, if I may say so. Ronaldo was going to be sold, whether it was last summer, this summer or whenever. therefore that money was always going to put money on the balance sheet, if we assume that that was where the transfer money was earmarked to go all along. do you follow? as for ticket prices being hiked? well again, that was always going to happen. and part of the uncomfortable truth aboutb that is that ticket prices have always been kept at artificially low prices at United in the context of their market position in the world of the whole new ball game %@#$&!s that has rolled further and further up its own arse since 1992.

how about you answer a simple question for me now: what specific commitments would you like to see from any prospective new owners regarding bringing tickets back into line with where they would be had they continued to rise at pre glazer levels?
Not my arguement but how many other £80 million players do we have?

Are you saying that the Glazers business plan as far as Utd go is viable providing they sell our most valuable player each year?

Because that is the crux of the matter, just how far they will go to ensure they maintain ownership of the club, regardless of what it does to the team

Why are you prattling on about prospective owners plans for ticket prices? It is completely irrelevant in this context as we are owned by the Glazers and they have said the club isn't for sale

Are you an FC'er TT (not having a go, just intrigued)

Unread 11-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Not my arguement but how many other £80 million players do we have?

Are you saying that the Glazers business plan as far as Utd go is viable providing they sell our most valuable player each year?

Because that is the crux of the matter, just how far they will go to ensure they maintain ownership of the club, regardless of what it does to the team

Why are you prattling on about prospective owners plans for ticket prices? It is completely irrelevant in this context as we are owned by the Glazers and they have said the club isn't for sale

Are you an FC'er TT (not having a go, just intrigued)
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that Enjoying Nobby is basically pointing out why the glazers business plan is viable by showing, according to his very own post, how they've avoided making a loss.

He wants a yes or no answer but doesn't know how to ask the right question

Why he thinks I'd have the right answer anyway is another question altogether. Why does he give a £#%&! what my answer is anyway is still another one, of course.

Ticket prices are a key part of the whole argument imo. Which is a big part of why it is so utterly baffling that people so vehemently opposed to the current ownership's ticket policy don't seem to give a flying £#%&! what prospective new owners would do differently in that regard.

FCer? Not really. Now and again.

Unread 11-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

Ticket prices are a key part of the whole argument imo. Which is a big part of why it is so utterly baffling that people so vehemently opposed to the current ownership's ticket policy don't seem to give a flying £#%&! what prospective new owners would do differently in that regard.
I think, that people are not really that full-on about future prices because the current issue is that their ticket money is being used to line the Glazers pockets rather than investment in the club/team

As you say the prices have been kept low for some time, as such I would be quite happy to pay my £37 as long as I knew it wasn't being leeched out as it currently is

Unread 11-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
I think, that people are not really that full-on about future prices because the current issue is that their ticket money is being used to line the Glazers pockets rather than investment in the club/team

As you say the prices have been kept low for some time, as such I would be quite happy to pay my £37 as long as I knew it wasn't being leeched out as it currently is
so you equate ticket prices directly to the other big (popular) argument surrounding a perceived lack of investment in the team?

Unread 11-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
so you equate ticket prices directly to the other big (popular) argument surrounding a perceived lack of investment in the team?
No, I equate ticket prices to the largest 'revenue stream' the club has

As a contributor to that stream, I resent the fact that the Glazers are using it to add to their coffers as and how they please

Whichever way you try and spin it, glazer ownership is worse than even PLC 'ownership' at least under a PLC the dividend was a set amount of the club profit

Profit, remember those days

Unread 11-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Tumescent Throb

i don't justify their claimed ownership at all. why would i?

if we have to sell to stay in the black then of course that would "knacker us". i don't see it that that is the case, though.

it's interesting that you speak about the idea that the government may have intervened and stopped the takeover, and it's interesting that you speak about your expectations upon being lent money by a bank. the glazers didn't own United when the banks lent them the money though, that's a big difference in my opinion. the bank's/hedge's motivation was purely driven by the opportunity to use them to get at the untapped revenue streams of the world's leading sporting institutions. i agree fully that it would be nice to think a government should have the authority to arbitrarily step in in the public interest and stop that happening. in a not entirely disimilar vein, i'm looking forward to seeing how the US administration's apparent suggestion today that BP may be forced to withhold any payment of dividends to its shareholders pans out.

Unread 11-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I will address that in another post as this is more misdirection.

However the question remains, should that @#%&!ting @#%&! of a family thought of trying to buy us?

It's not the instrument that matters, it's the murderer.

In this case, yes there were some extremely stupid mistakes made by the finance industry, but they have not commited the murder......
it's an open discussion. why keep talking about misdirection ffs? what are you on about? can't you handle having the argument widened?

i seriously doubt that the money lending industry would call getting their fingers into the united pie to the tune of hundreds of millions of quid "a stupid mistake" either btw

Unread 11-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
As I mentioned though, it that thieving family didn't plot such a ludicrously, suicidal takeover, the finance industry would not have made a penny (other than through the reasonable PLC dividends).

The blame for this mess lies solely at one group of greedy, selfish £#%&!ers. And it is no one in the finance industry. Yes, finance allowed them to take the club over in such a hideously crass manner, but again, it's a little like saying that I've got a big kitchen knife in my house, does that mean I have to go out and stab someone with it, and if I do, is it the knifes fault, or maybe even the shop that sold it to me.

Agree?
No.

And the knife analogy is just silly.
Closed Thread