United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Fountz

Angry Have you noticed that the majority of people who bedeck their houses with England flags...

...are usually the same riff-raff who go completely over the top with horrendous, tacky Christmas decorations !

If they have a Santa's train on the windowsill, emergency-services blue lights that burn a hole in your retina or a sleigh and rope ladder on the roof, you can practically guarantee there'll be a Sun "bring it home Lads" poster up in the lounge window.

As an Englishman who, quite naturally would like England to do well, it pains me to say it that there's distinct advantages to them being dumped out early and returning with their tails between their legs and bringing this whole forced facade to a prompt end.

I wouldn't mind, but they're not even proper flags.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Agreed. I only have to see it on the television and it's making me sick.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Agreed. I only have to see it on the television and it's making me sick.
I'll be glad when the actual tournament starts, at least there'll be an end in sight.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Crumps

Haven't noticed tbh.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
dunk

@#%&!s, you mean?

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:28 AM
believe

what i've noticed is that the people with england flags hanging out of their car look like people who've never actually seen a football.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
what i've noticed is that the people with england flags hanging out of their car look like people who've never actually seen a football.
definitely a lot of people with no interest in footy adopting the england flags but tbh theyre doing no harm, everyone just wants to support england which cant be a bad thing.

p.s. when you paying up

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
definitely a lot of people with no interest in footy adopting the england flags but tbh theyre doing no harm, everyone just wants to support england which cant be a bad thing.

p.s. when you paying up
thursday. is that ok?

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
I'll be glad when the actual tournament starts, at least there'll be an end in sight.
Agreed. I actually like the world cup but I can't read anything these days without Capello this, cappello that. £#%&! off.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:33 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
...are usually the same riff-raff who go completely over the top with horrendous, tacky Christmas decorations !

If they have a Santa's train on the windowsill, emergency-services blue lights that burn a hole in your retina or a sleigh and rope ladder on the roof, you can practically guarantee there'll be a Sun "bring it home Lads" poster up in the lounge window.

As an Englishman who, quite naturally would like England to do well, it pains me to say it that there's distinct advantages to them being dumped out early and returning with their tails between their legs and bringing this whole forced facade to a prompt end.

I wouldn't mind, but they're not even proper flags.
Reminiscent of a thread from 4 years ago

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
thursday. is that ok?
thats great

ralph

Get behind the team I say, and if you want to stick flags all over your house, then why not.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
Get behind the team I say, and if you want to stick flags all over your house, then why not.
agreed, best to be behind them and then everyone can stab them in the back when it suits them.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Mr_Ed

I don't mind people putting flags out - however it's those that never pay attention to Football for the other 3 years that annoys me.

I remember watching the opening Euro 2004 game against France and women were shouting obscenaties at the TV in my local (who I'd never seen in there before) and then somebody hurled a glass at the TV screen when we went 2-1 down... it really does bring people out of the woodwork who you'd rather were still at home with their white lightening.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Sloppy

Tacky as £#%&!.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Hope there's no trouble from England supporters in South Africa.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Stakker

The England flag just looks a bit gippo, to be fair.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Tacky as £#%&!.

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:47 AM
MPLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Tacky as £#%&!.
Blind Nationalism in Argentina is far worse mate, regardless I'm hoping for a 2nd place France to knock the @#%&!s out.

Unread 01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

p.s. when you paying up
i agree with ginners.

what harm is it doing. If it helps raise people's spirits and brings a bit of community spirit and colour to otherwise drab concrete buildings, then great.

Round my way there's loads of different flags, not just england ones.
Closed Thread