Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: Vidic offski

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It's precipice, btw

And no, we will never go the way of Leeds - it would simply not be allowed to happen. If we ever went into free fall results wise, the gimps would be FORCED to sell - and it beggars belief there isn't anybody decent out there who would want to take over.........
Presapice - Definition

Origin = Scotland

Meaning = The act of squashing a sandwich together

Unread 10-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
well he only has two years left on his contract.. So far there has been no sign of a new contract.. So if he does'nt sign a new contract this summer, then he'll be off before the season starts..
That's actually a very valid point - the Club always renews the contracts of big asset players two years before they are due to expire.

If Vidic is indeed at that stage then things might get interesting ...

Players like him are those most likely to leave IMO - heading towards 30 and probably the point where they are at their most valuable between now and the end of their careers. In a few years (assuming he signed another contract) he wouldn't fetch anything like the fee he would at present.

Under the current circumstances you could definitely see the Club cashing in. Not saying they will but it wouldn't be a surprise at all.

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
ziggyman17

Well there does'nt seem to be any movement from the club regarding a new contract for vidic.. It fits the gimps agenda, not to offer a new contract to Vidic.. the club releases a statement saying 'that since Vidic only has 2 years to run on his current the deal, it is in the best financial interests of the club to sell the player now, as we cannont afford to let him run his contract out'

A bit suprised fergie has'nt called Vidic's bluff ( if he wants to leave) by offering Vidic a new deal..

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
any kind of prediction is just pissing in the wind, of course, but personally i'll be surprised if they haven't sold up by the next world cup. the club can probably remain more or less at the top without serious investment for that time, while they take out what they can. then they'll look to sell up and walk away with a couple of hundred million profit.
Yes, I agree. The point is that they have absolutely nothing to gain personally, and a great deal to lose, from completely ruining the club a la Leeds. Yes they are total and utter scum - we all (save possibly Tufty and TON) agree about that. But they are also business people who have made a great deal of money - and that is, ultimately, the bottom line for them

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:19 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
"Other" agent? You mean he actually has more than one??

Sell the @#%&!
This 'Fabbri' character only pipes up now and then to chat shit, his main agent Martina bloke usually talks about Vidic not going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Gimps will probably give Vidic and his agent a back hander to make out that its Vidics choice to leave, telling Vidic he is doing the right thing by leaving and helping the the gimps to a big transfer fee..
If he doesnt get offered a new contract then clearly we are seriously £#%&!ed, as he's our best defender, and top 3 most important player, to sell him/not even attempt to reward him for his progress since 2007 shows we're maybe in worse shape than it already looks.

Trying to paint Vidic out as wanting out when in every single interview he has said he's happy and wants to stay, this is with him not having a new contract since 2007. Earns significantly less than Rio who has been injury prone for 18 months.

It would be disastrous if he was sold imo.

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM
safingtons

Rooney's contract ends in 2012 aswell, and still hasn't been sorted.

Exciting times.

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Rooney's contract ends in 2012 aswell, and still hasn't been sorted.

Exciting times.
If I was Rooney I'd be whoring myself to Barcelona.

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:33 PM
borsuk

i think evra's our best defender tbh

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:35 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i think evra's our best defender tbh
Evra's our 2nd best player after Waz.

Vidic is our best pure defender. It would be sheer madness to sell him , who do you replace him with? Imagine we'd get around 25m? 1m more than Lescott went for ffs.

Id seriously see my arse if we lost Ronaldo, Tevez and Vidic in the last two summers, well on our way to declining by deliberately losing two of those.

Unread 10-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
It would be sheer madness to sell him
From a playing point yes ...

However if there's no intention on Vidic's part to renew his contract whenever that may come about, then they've little option but to sell him.

Take whatever money they can or wait a year and get half of what they can get now, - or let him run his contract down and get nothing?

Similar scenario for Ronnie and probably Beckham as well - take the money or lose them for nothing later - if a big asset makes it clear he wants away he will be sold before he gets within striking distance of his contract expiring.

Unread 10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Whalefish

Partytown over on RI claims everyone at the club knows he wants out, is (or has become) a disruptive influence, would be missed on the pitch that's it etc. More fool Utd if they aren't looking for a replacement etc.

And so, the good times, just continue to roll.

Oh:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...war-as-palermo

Unread 11-06-2010, 05:18 AM
rafabio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490

I have maintained from the start of the season that Vidic will be gone this summer. If we have bid for Kjaer it will confirm that or Rio is permanently crocked.

But still I stand by my opinion, that we won't miss vidic. vidic although miles better than heinze, gets away with a lot because of his hard as nails image and passion that fans love. For a supposedly world class player ( who our fans refer to him as) he gets roasted by quick strikers so often. And it doesn't have to be a quick superb striker either, players like bellamy, saha, zamora can give him a roasting that's not forgetting torres, drogba etc.

People laughably think Vidic is better than Rio :shakehead: I am more worried about Rio's injury problems than vidic leaving.

Unread 11-06-2010, 06:53 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Partytown over on RI claims everyone at the club knows he wants out, is (or has become) a disruptive influence, would be missed on the pitch that's it etc. More fool Utd if they aren't looking for a replacement etc.

And so, the good times, just continue to roll.

Oh:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...war-as-palermo
buy low, sell high - gimpworld.

Unread 11-06-2010, 07:23 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
buy low, sell high - gimpworld.
or sell high and buy £#%&! all

Unread 11-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Coracao

Vidic compared to Heinze.

Jesus christ.

Unread 11-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490

I have maintained from the start of the season that Vidic will be gone this summer. If we have bid for Kjaer it will confirm that or Rio is permanently crocked.

But still I stand by my opinion, that we won't miss vidic. vidic although miles better than heinze, gets away with a lot because of his hard as nails image and passion that fans love. For a supposedly world class player ( who our fans refer to him as) he gets roasted by quick strikers so often. And it doesn't have to be a quick superb striker either, players like bellamy, saha, zamora can give him a roasting that's not forgetting torres, drogba etc.

People laughably think Vidic is better than Rio :shakehead: I am more worried about Rio's injury problems than vidic leaving.

Vidic is a great centre half... He gets stuck in and is always a good solid defender. Technically he's not as good as Rio and is short of pace... If you think we won't miss Vidic then you're wrong.

Unread 11-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Vidic compared to Heinze.

Jesus christ.
Indeed, Vidic is streets ahead of him.

Let the revisionism commence.

Unread 11-06-2010, 03:25 PM
dunk

I thought Vidic was determined and brilliant during the last month or two of the season, probably our best player in the run in.

I hope he isn't going anywhere tbh. Could do with a little stability at the back.
Closed Thread