Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2009, 03:13 AM
Liu Jian

Default Vidic offski

According to the The Times and and The Daily Mail:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6970903.ece

Quote:
Nemanja Vidic’s days at Manchester United look increasingly numbered, with Real Madrid confident of signing the Serbia defender in the summer.

Having lured Cristiano Ronaldo from Old Trafford in a world-record £80 million deal in June, Real are planning another raid on the Barclays Premier League champions after identifying Vidic as their first-choice defensive target. Real will face competition from Barcelona and AC Milan, but expect to see off both as they prepare to embark on another frenzied shopping spree after their £220 million outlay last summer.

The Times revealed in November that Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, has reluctantly come to accept that he is fighting a losing battle trying to retain Vidic’s services.

It is not entirely out of the question that United will offer the defender a new contract before the end of the season, but they will not allow his present deal — which expires in June 2012 — to run down and will look to cash in if the player wants to leave.

United, who will move to within two points of Chelsea at the top of the Premier League if they beat Wigan Athletic at Old Trafford this evening, are likely to demand at least £30 million for the 28-year-old.

Simon Kjaer, the £15 million-rated Palermo and Denmark centre back, is understood to be figuring prominently in Ferguson’s thoughts. United could also move for Jack Rodwell, 18, of Everton, who is comfortable in midfield or defence, while reports in Spain have linked United with moves for Bruno Alves, of Porto.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...nja-Vidic.html

Quote:
Real Madrid are ready to raid Manchester United for the second time in a year by launching a bid for Nemanja Vidic next summer.

Having signed Cristiano Ronaldo in a world record £80million deal in June, Real now want his former Old Trafford team-mate and sources in Spain claim they will make a £20m offer for the Serbia defender at the end of the season.

Vidic’s future at United has been in doubt for some time. His wife Ana is known to be keen on a move to a warmer climate and he has been linked to some of the top clubs in Europe, including AC Milan, Inter, Barcelona and Real.

United thought they had done well to keep Vidic last summer, with Sir Alex Ferguson adamant that he would not sell his central defender so soon after sanctioning the sale of Ronaldo.

The two players became close during their time together at United and it is no secret that they discussed the possibility of linking up abroad in future.

Although Vidic is under contract until 2012 and was honoured with a place in FIFA’s World XI last week, he has struggled to live up to the reputation he has built as one of the best central defenders in Europe since joining United for £7m from Spartak Moscow four years ago.

However, Real see the uncompromising Serb as an ideal partner for Pepe as they look to tighten up a team that is top-heavy with attacking players.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0b8NknOOZ

I'd take £30m, not sure I'd take Bruno Alves though.

Unread 30-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Vidic offski

I heard from the horse's mouth so to speak in the summer that this was more than likely. Not done yet though.

Unread 30-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Sandman

As great as he's been for us I won't be gutted when he goes.

Unread 30-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Zorg

Mrs. Vidic

Unread 30-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I heard from the horse's mouth so to speak in the summer that this was more than likely. Not done yet though.
You dont rate The Times do you?

I've always liked the Daily Mail sports section I have to admit.

Unread 30-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Switching Off

For £30m i'd snap their hands off tbh.

Unread 30-12-2009, 03:57 AM
bcred

30 mill straight to glazers creditors

Unread 30-12-2009, 04:00 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
You dont rate The Times do you?

I've always liked the Daily Mail sports section I have to admit.

As I said, I heard from the horse's mouth so to speak.

I'll take your word for it that the papers are still trying to move the stories on.

Unread 30-12-2009, 04:00 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
30 mill straight to glazers creditors
The quicker we pay it off the quicker we can buy some new players. I'd like to be in a position to bid for Kai Rooney's son if he becomes available.

Unread 30-12-2009, 04:09 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The quicker we pay it off the quicker we can buy some new players. I'd like to be in a position to bid for Kai Rooney's son if he becomes available.
Too slow and lazy. Not United quality I'm afraid.

Unread 30-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
As I said, I heard from the horse's mouth so to speak.

I'll take your word for it that the papers are still trying to move the stories on.
What does 'so to speak' mean? The horse's mouth is Vidic. Do you mean his agent, or his wife?

Just post the winking smilie if any of the above are correct.

fwiw Vidic is exactly what Madrid need.

Unread 30-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Lok

The story comes from Marca. It's running in 4 of our nationals tomorrow (Mail, Sun, Telegraph, Times). Whilst I wouldn't be shocked to see him leave, I'm pretty sure this typical Marca %@#$&!s.

FWIW, I'd hate to see him go. Yes, his best years are behind him but at 28 he still has 4-5 years left at the top level. Even if we were to get £30m we wouldn't see much of that spent on a replacement.

Unread 30-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Jez Quigley

Doesn't that Spanish headline imply they're putting a bid in for Evra

Unread 30-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Puebla

He'll go alright, when Ronaldo left it was always going to be just the beginning. We need cash fast, everyone is for sale and if Madrid offer 30 million they'd get him in January. As for Bruno Alves, not a chance, if anyone it will be BGS. Fergie will get an extra 10 million for Vidic then blame an inflated market for no signings and hope to £#%&!ing God that shit scared hacks and barely conscious supporters keep swallowing the shit and keep paying in. He's gone in 6 months he knows where its going he's just pocketing the cash and praying that Chelsea don't strengthen so he can get 20 and leave the £#%&!ing carnage to someone else (thats you and me).

Unread 30-12-2009, 08:57 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puebla
He'll go alright, when Ronaldo left it was always going to be just the beginning. We need cash fast, everyone is for sale and if Madrid offer 30 million they'd get him in January. As for Bruno Alves, not a chance, if anyone it will be BGS. Fergie will get an extra 10 million for Vidic then blame an inflated market for no signings and hope to £#%&!ing God that shit scared hacks and barely conscious supporters keep swallowing the shit and keep paying in. He's gone in 6 months he knows where its going he's just pocketing the cash and praying that Chelsea don't strengthen so he can get 20 and leave the £#%&!ing carnage to someone else (thats you and me).
.......and breathe............

Unread 30-12-2009, 09:11 AM
borsuk

Quote:
deary me

like sandman, i won't be sad to see him go. he's a good defender but i think his hard man image makes him a touch overrated. he does make mistakes and struggles against very quick forwards, and his distribution isn't the best. fine defender and i'd keep him if he was happy because he compliments rio/evans very well, but the world's best/worth 30m? not a chance.

i said before the season that i thought evans would be pushing vidic for a starting place this season and i think that's correct. when fit, i rate evans above vidic tbh. our priority should be getting evans over his knee problems and then finding an experienced partner for him, since rio can't be relied up.

Unread 30-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Doesn't that Spanish headline imply they're putting a bid in for Evra

Quote:
Wouldn't blame Fergie if he did, it's not his fault that we don't have a pot to piss in. If we get to 20 in the next 5 years I'll be pretty happy.

Without Vidic we're still pretty strong. A back 4 of JOS-Evans-Brown-Evra is still easily enough to win the league. The problem is the message it sends. IF he goes, it's clear to all that we'll spread our cheeks for anyone if the price is right. It shouldn't be that way at united.

If someone comes in with £25m for Evra, would they accept it? £60m for Rooney? It wouldn't bother me so much if they were willing to spend some of the money, but just the idea of us having a positive net spend next summer is laughable. DOOM!

Unread 30-12-2009, 09:25 AM
borsuk

players leaving when they're happy to stay sends the message that anyone can be taken from us whether we like it or not.

players leaving because they want to leave is quite something else. if vidic wants out then our financial state has nothing to do with it.

the ronnie situation is often quoted as proof we have no money and can't hold onto players. fact is, he wanted out and we could have sold him two years earlier if we had really been desperate. instead, we kept him and let him go for a world record fee.

Unread 30-12-2009, 09:32 AM
rafabio

I don't think vidic going will be a big loss. As someone above has quoted his hard man image makes him a bit overrated. ( like terry and carragher. All good but not world class as they are often hyped up to be ).

the only concern for me the fragile nature of our centre backs wrt injuries. Evans, rio and brown all seem to struggle with injuries.

Although if you see evans time at sunderland and rio's time at west ham and leeds, they hardly had these injury problems. Is there something wrong with our medical team? Even saha has managed to stay fit for half a season.

Unread 30-12-2009, 10:02 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
What does 'so to speak' mean? The horse's mouth is Vidic. Do you mean his agent, or his wife?

Just post the winking smilie if any of the above are correct.

fwiw Vidic is exactly what Madrid need.
hes been on the lash with Mr Ed
Closed Thread