United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 09-09-2023, 04:28 PM
Denis Irwell

Hope you’re not going around calling those Eyetalians E-@#%&!s?

Gives the forum a bad name, it does.

Unread 09-09-2023, 07:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Thought that was Latin when I first read it.

scriptores ineptias

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 11-09-2023, 11:17 PM
Sparky***

Unread 12-09-2023, 06:29 AM
MUFC One Love

I wish we could play Luxembourg every week.

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Part of the problem.

Unread 12-09-2023, 10:10 AM
Patty_b

Easily one of the top three pub footballers of all time.

Unread 13-09-2023, 11:48 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Whippers going in two footed on Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Neos an E-@#%&! !?!?!
I have always rated Rashford, am pro-Ten Hag, and I think Martial’s time at United is long done.

As for Bruno, he simply has not done enough in big games for United IMO. That should not be a controversial opinion, as it’s clear from the evidence of actually watching him play.

This place has become weird, and seems to have developed a cult-like, zero-tolerance policy against any view that doesn’t mirror MUTV. Any questioning of certain players, or god forbid, the tactical decisions and transfer selections of the manager, are immediately shot down by The Mob.

It’s a forum, ffs - it wouldn’t work without a difference of opinion, and the opinion that Bruno Fernandes tends to be a stat-padding flat-track bully that doesn’t deliver consistently enough in the biggest games, against the best sides, should not be seen as a wildly outlandish opinion, when factoring in his actual performances in said games.

Unread 14-09-2023, 12:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I have always rated Rashford, am pro-Ten Hag, and I think Martial’s time at United is long done.

As for Bruno, he simply has not done enough in big games for United IMO. That should not be a controversial opinion, as it’s clear from the evidence of actually watching him play.

This place has become weird, and seems to have developed a cult-like, zero-tolerance policy against any view that doesn’t mirror MUTV. Any questioning of certain players, or god forbid, the tactical decisions and transfer selections of the manager, are immediately shot down by The Mob.

It’s a forum, ffs - it wouldn’t work without a difference of opinion, and the opinion that Bruno Fernandes tends to be a stat-padding flat-track bully that doesn’t deliver consistently enough in the biggest games, against the best sides, should not be seen as a wildly outlandish opinion, when factoring in his actual performances in said games.
Yeah when I read the constant slagging of players, the owners, everything about the club, I always think “this is just like MUTV”

Unread 14-09-2023, 01:10 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah when I read the constant slagging of players, the owners, everything about the club, I always think “this is just like MUTV”
It’s more in the sense of the partisan-style shutdowns of anything that goes against the forum grain.

The hyenas are ready to pounce at the first opportunity of anyone questioning the majority forum positions of:

- Mount was a great signing.
- Bruno’s impact is unquestionable because he plays every minute.
- De Gea was binned off and bombed out in the correct fashion.
- Greenwood should never play for the club again.

All of the above are grey areas, yet those that don’t agree to sing from the Fred hymn sheet are railed upon for daring to question the forum party line.

This thread is perhaps the prime example of that. Bruno is far from unquestionable, and I’d go as far to say he’s an overrated stat-padder who is unfit to captain the club.

Release the hyenas upon me!

Unread 14-09-2023, 07:30 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Part of the problem.

Unread 14-09-2023, 08:10 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It’s more in the sense of the partisan-style shutdowns of anything that goes against the forum grain.

The hyenas are ready to pounce at the first opportunity of anyone questioning the majority forum positions of:

All of the above are grey areas, yet those that don’t agree to sing from the Fred hymn sheet are railed upon for daring to question the forum party line.

This thread is perhaps the prime example of that. Bruno is far from unquestionable, and I’d go as far to say he’s an overrated stat-padder who is unfit to captain the club.

So, you want to be free to express your opinion and to get pissy when others express theirs?

Unread 14-09-2023, 08:21 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
- Mount will hopefully be a good signing, its way to early to make hystercial judgements though.
- Bruno’s impact is unquestionable because he is clearly a player who understands the ethos of the club, has done more than any shirt in the last 4 years to earn our respect and consistenly performed to a high standard. He is not above critisism, provided its not OTT.
- De Gea was binned off correctly, though a bit unsavoury how it played out but who really cares.
I've fixed them for you.

Unread 14-09-2023, 08:34 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
I've fixed them for you.
Yep, Bruno gets criticised regularly (every player does tbh) - especially for the arm throwing rolling about the floor Mediterranean temperament thing. Some of his performances in our recent maulings have been disgraceful. But he’s still our best player and the player that most influences our team. I wish he had more of keanes mentality but then I could say that about every player at the club.

The hands down best player in the prem over the last 10 years recently called him his most feared opponent so you know…..

Unread 14-09-2023, 08:42 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

It's almost like this is a site for people with a common interest to share, discuss and debate even the worst of opinions

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:09 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

I think he’s overrated tbh.

You expect him to be relatively poor in big games which tells its own story.

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:49 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
So, you want to be free to express your opinion and to get pissy when others express theirs?
I don't get 'pissy' at alternative opinions. I believe in open debate.

I've literally had bad rep for football-related posts in this very thread where I've dared to express an opinion that goes against The Mob's belief system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Watch out, the hyenas are about!

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:51 AM
Coracao

Quote:

It would maybe help in those games if we had a team that could retain the ball (yes, he can be an issue here) and didn't fold like an accordion at the first sign of adversity.

Unread 14-09-2023, 12:56 PM
Offerington

Quote:

Unread 14-09-2023, 01:20 PM
Stickman

Just my opinion Parters.