United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:33 PM
saffers

Good thing is that this is a fake set of results. They won't do shit in the european cup. Very overhyped team.

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:40 PM
Sparky***

If anything summed up how things have gone for us in the last 5 years:

We go shopping at benfica for a centre back and get Victor Lindelof, City go shopping at benfica for a centre back and get Ruben Dias.

He's been every bit as big a signing for them as Van Dyke was for Liverpool.

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:43 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

We go shopping at benfica for a centre back and get Victor Lindelof, City go shopping at benfica for a centre back and get Ruben Dias.

It wasn’t a Benfica lucky dip mate - I’m pretty sure there was some scouting involved. Another Mourinho signing he tried to imply was someone being foisted on him.

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It wasn’t a Benfica lucky dip mate - I’m pretty sure there was some scouting involved. Another Mourinho signing he tried to imply was someone being foisted on him.
Yeah it was a horrendous signing. But then for £29m in the modern game what do you expect, you get what you pay for.

And unlike them we don't have the luxury of throwing 50-60m at untold defenders until we get it right. We're stuck with the same old faces for years and years.

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:48 PM
AK14

Good player but I’m not buying the hype

He gets a armchair ride most games.

I can’t believe he’s ahead of Bruno for player of the season for some of these pundits

Also he would have been 19? When we signed Lindelof

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Good player but I’m not buying the hype

He gets a armchair ride most games.

I can’t believe he’s ahead of Bruno for player of the season for some of these pundits

Also he would have been 19? When we signed Lindelof
Ironically i think he came into the first team from benfica's youth team to replace Lindelof when we signed him.

But like i said, when the well of money is bottomless then you can just keep spending to replace every signing that doesn't work out. Anyone seen £40m Nathan Ake lately? What about £65m Aymeric Laporte?

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Ironically i think he came into the first team from benfica's youth team to replace Lindelof when we signed him.
Then Mou threw a strop when we wouldn’t immediately write him off and buy him another centre back. He’s like the Veruka Salt of football.

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:58 PM
dunk

Yeah, Dias was one of the options when we were buying Maguire, not Lindelof.

They wanted someone about to hit peak years though tbf.

Quote:

But like i said, when the well of money is bottomless then you can just keep spending to replace every signing that doesn't work out. Anyone seen £40m Nathan Ake lately? What about £65m Aymeric Laporte?
Think Ake is injured and he's nursing Laporte back because he keeps getting injured.. and Stones has pulled his head from betwixt his cheeks and matured all of a sudden keeping Laporte out. It's why you should have 4 genuine contenders tbh.

Unread 27-02-2021, 04:02 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Is he £#%&! you lunatic.

VVD won them their first title for decades, Dias made the most expensive team ever assembled solid at the back.

Unread 27-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Is he £#%&! you lunatic.

VVD won them their first title for decades, Dias made the most expensive team ever assembled solid at the back.
Well, there is that, yeah.

Unread 27-02-2021, 04:40 PM
Tronics

Lee Mason

the standard of referees in this league frightening, wow.

Unread 27-02-2021, 05:35 PM
History

Then gives a pen that wasnt a pen, Brighton and Welbz do the right thing and miss

Unread 27-02-2021, 05:55 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Lee Mason

the standard of referees in this league frightening, wow.
Our man knew.

He didn't say all that stuff because he was bitter, wound up or in the heat of the moment. He said it because it's true.

FA should give him his £25k fine back.

Unread 27-02-2021, 05:59 PM
puressence

Absolutely unreal match that 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 27-02-2021, 06:02 PM
Tronics

hahaha yeah he was 100% bang on.

that decision was pure and utter madness.

Unread 27-02-2021, 06:52 PM
Mr_Ed

That Rafinha at Leeds would be a good addition to the squad.

Unread 27-02-2021, 08:28 PM
red in cumbria

If, and its still a pretty big if admittedly, Brighton end up going down because of that - could they actually sue?

Unread 27-02-2021, 09:40 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If, and its still a pretty big if admittedly, Brighton end up going down because of that - could they actually sue?
No. hth

Unread 28-02-2021, 12:06 AM
AK14

Just seen the mess at the Brighton game

Didn’t we have some sort of similar thing happen against them? Maybe a penalty after the full time whistle??

Unread 28-02-2021, 12:11 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Just seen the mess at the Brighton game

Didn’t we have some sort of similar thing happen against them? Maybe a penalty after the full time whistle??
Yes we did. But to be fair it was a handball in the penalty area stopping a ball going in the net during the 90 minutes, so we were well within our rights to get the penalty
Closed Thread