United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2021, 02:38 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Don't need to tell me that...

As others have said, scoring goals isn't our issue, it's letting them in...
beg to differ....we have scored once against teams considered in the top6

Unread 07-02-2021, 03:16 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Switchers brought him to the forums attention first three years ago
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264454

He is now widely seen as the best striker in europe. Still only 21 years of age. Rumour has it he is prepared to join United, his fathers links with City and Leeds aren't an issue. The only thing that stopped him joining us over Dortmund was Woodward.

I think this is a signing we have to make ala van Persie. If he goes to a City or a Liverpool it will haunt us in an extreme way. Especially given his age and further potential.

I think it is the sort of signing that will improve the mentality of the whole squad and make pretenders step up. I would expect the league title if we sign him.
Offer still applies you @#%&! 🤣🤣🤣

Unread 07-02-2021, 03:21 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Knocks me sick the thought of this @#%&! in the shirt.
Another season learning from Edi and Mason will be played through the middle with Amad and Rashford either side.

Unread 07-02-2021, 03:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Knocks me sick the thought of this @#%&! in the shirt.
Another season learning from Edi and Mason will be played through the middle with Amad and Rashford either side.
True Red...

Unread 07-02-2021, 03:27 PM
92ToBury

We're just another payday for his fat parasitic agent. Eugh.

Unread 07-02-2021, 03:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15

That’s probably because we put far more onus on protecting the defence and avoiding our penchant for giving away soft as shit goals in the bigger games.

Unread 07-02-2021, 03:39 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That’s probably because we put far more onus on protecting the defence and avoiding our penchant for giving away soft as shit goals in the bigger games.
Agreed - learned our lesson from that Spurs drubbing.

Unread 07-02-2021, 03:50 PM
Jack Duckworth

fat todd-looking mother£#%&!er

Unread 07-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
With both Greenwood and Hugill, we will be fine for strikers.
Glazernomics are here to stay.chasing the best in the market is just propaganda.
we are being run on a shoestring.
We are I agree, but how come we bought that slab-headed carthorse for a record £80 million?

Unread 07-02-2021, 04:17 PM
saffers

Quote:

And that one goal was a penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
We are I agree, but how come we bought that slab-headed carthorse for a record £80 million?
It doesn't add up does it?

Unread 07-02-2021, 04:28 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
It's no coincidence that we flogged Lukaku for nearly the same amount. Makes us look like we spend big without the gimps dipping into their pockets.

Unread 07-02-2021, 04:29 PM
Cream

Quote:

Unread 07-02-2021, 04:33 PM
Neo

Football

50/50 on this one.

Whilst he represents a lot that is wrong with the modern-game given his agent, and the fact he went to Dortmund as a stepping stone, he's also clearly the most frightening young striker in world football.

His record since going to Germany is incredible for a 20 year-old kid. 16 goals in 18 appearances last season, and 22 goals in 22 appearances so far this season. He's an absolute machine.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the first ever £200m+ transfer, so I doubt we'll even be at the table. Madrid, Bayern, PSG and City will battle it out for him. Hopefully Greenwood ends up becoming world-class.

Unread 07-02-2021, 04:54 PM
Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
50/50 on this one.

Whilst he represents a lot that is wrong with the modern-game given his agent, and the fact he went to Dortmund as a stepping stone, he's also clearly the most frightening young striker in world football.

His record since going to Germany is incredible for a 20 year-old kid. 16 goals in 18 appearances last season, and 22 goals in 22 appearances so far this season. He's an absolute machine.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the first ever £200m+ transfer, so I doubt we'll even be at the table. Madrid, Bayern, PSG and City will battle it out for him. Hopefully Greenwood ends up becoming world-class.
Pretty sure Madrid are currently crippled financially, PSG have Mbappe and Neymar, and Bayern could not afford him. It will be us or City, unfortunately I suspect City will be his destination.

Unread 07-02-2021, 04:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Pretty sure Madrid are currently crippled financially, PSG have Mbappe and Neymar, and Bayern could not afford him. It will be us or City, unfortunately I suspect City will be his destination.
Outside bet Chelsea, but he’ll be going to City to replace Aguero.

I think the lad and Raiola would prefer to take him to Barca, but they haven’t got a pot to piss in.

Unread 07-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Hope he goes city and Scott The Scottish Player does him like Roy did his old man ....... : Kenneth Williams:

Unread 07-02-2021, 05:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Hope he goes city and Scott The Scottish Player does him like Roy did his old man ....... : Kenneth Williams:
I think I’m with you on this one... something about him doesn’t sit right. When I watch him I’m struck by how ungainly and clumsy he is more than anything, he gets goals and is fast as £#%&!, nqat, but Dortmund have hardly gone from strength to strength since his arrival and he started scoring..

Unread 07-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Madrid can find money when they want to, as has been proven time and time again, especially if it's for an attacking player.

PSG are comfortably the richest club in world football, and hold the record for the two most expensive signings in football history in Mbappe (£163) and Neymar (£198), so it wouldn't be surprising for them to smash the record a third time. If they win the Champions League, they will be appealing to any player.

Bayern would be in the running on the basis that the player knows the Bundesliga, and the move from Dortmund to Bayern has been done many, many times before, with Lewandowski being the model. Whilst they wouldn't necessarily spend the money that Madrid, PSG or City would, it would be attractive to Raiola to engineer a move, before he then gets the truly big-money move once Haaland has done a few seasons there.

Unread 07-02-2021, 05:33 PM
puressence

Shows how pathetic modern fans .. get rid of one virus and then invite the @#%&!s virus back in .. we need to move away from rialo end of story.

Unread 07-02-2021, 05:37 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Shows how pathetic modern fans .. get rid of one virus and then invite the @#%&!s virus back in .. we need to move away from rialo end of story.
Correct. There are better overall options out there than engaging with that fat #@&%! again.
Closed Thread