United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-02-2021, 10:18 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s definitely improving going forward, be daft not to acknowledge that

Teams are still happy to leave him free, so if he can keep improving he could actually be a really good attacking threat for us

There was a very interesting article on The Athletic a few weeks ago about how he’s actually quite underrated
Yeah decent read that. As much as I hate those analyses.

He's 23 and as long as he keeps improving it's all good. I like there's no bullshit from him - keeps his head down and gets on with his job. Probably one of the best one on one tacklers I've ever seen positioning and tactical awareness needs a bit of work

Unread 26-02-2021, 10:32 AM
Jethro

Imagine if he had the delivery capabilities of Telles

Unread 26-02-2021, 10:50 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s far from perfect, but he’s improving. Not helped by not having a winger ahead of him.

Both our full backs have improved massively this season IMO. Shaw has gone from ramming crosses into the first mans shins to 6 assists.
AWB has chipped in with a couple of goals. Telles coming in provides some genuine quality competition.

AWB has improved his passing. He’s more willing to cut inside and play balls into the forwards. He looks more comfortable on the ball. His crossing still needs to improve, but that’s something that can improve with practice. He’s not helped by looking so awkward and all arms and legs.

IMO, our full back areas have gone from a problem to an improving area.

Unread 20-03-2021, 06:40 PM
AK14

Unread 20-03-2021, 06:51 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

But where’s the coaching, what do they do in training, where’s the progress etc.

Unread 20-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Tronics

incredibly misleading stat tbh what constitute a “chance” is incredibly subjective and open to interpretation

i’d love to see the stats around how many touches our strikers get inside the box vs the team in and around us

the eye test never lies, when we can’t hit teams on the counter we play some of the worst football out of the top 6 sides and i doubt it will improve with signings alone, that’s a coaching issue or lack thereof

Unread 20-03-2021, 08:22 PM
dunk

The eye test clearly lies in your case Tronics, or you’re £#%&!ing blind, one or the other.

Unread 20-03-2021, 08:27 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The eye test clearly lies in your case Tronics, or you’re £#%&!ing blind, one or the other.
Think that was bunks tbf

Unread 21-03-2021, 06:47 AM
utd99

I’m starting to suspect someone’s making this shit up.

Unread 21-03-2021, 12:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Think that was bunks tbf

Unread 11-04-2021, 05:38 PM
AK14

Excellent second half.

Unread 11-04-2021, 05:47 PM
dunk

22 year old in not being finished article shocker.

Getting better and better IMO.

Unread 11-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Dasilvatwins

First time this season he was constantly getting up and and the wing . Not just 3/4 of the way the whole pitch. Guess In the games where teams play deep he needs to do it more.

There’s probably a concern with lindelof and maguire as neither have any real pace. Maybe signing a quick CB just enables both our full backs to bomb forward

Unread 11-04-2021, 05:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
First time this season he was constantly getting up and and the wing . Not just 3/4 of the way the whole pitch. Guess In the games where teams play deep he needs to do it more.

There’s probably a concern with lindelof and maguire as neither have any real pace. Maybe signing a quick CB just enables both our full backs to bomb forward
Nope.

Unread 11-04-2021, 05:51 PM
Coracao

He needs to improve massively in the final 3rd if he's to be a long term player at Utd. Not sure it will ever come tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yep. Everyone going on about Trent Alexander-Arnold but I think AWB will be England’s first choice rb in a couple of seasons.
Think Reece James will prevail in that battle. He's had the balance between defensive and ability on the ball. Very good player.

Unread 11-04-2021, 06:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
22 year old in not being finished article shocker.

Getting better and better IMO.
He doesn’t have to be the finished article, just not awful will do. Played well overall today though tbf.

Unread 11-04-2021, 07:18 PM
redhegemony

very good today - quick in the tackle and some good short passing.
Closed Thread