United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Music

Unread 15-01-2021, 08:28 PM
Chorlton74

Record player arrived today, Audio Technica. Cheers for the tip.

Playing this tonight.

Unread 15-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
Record player arrived today, Audio Technica. Cheers for the tip.

Playing this tonight.

https://www.discogs.com/MC-Tunes-The.../release/53249

Unread 15-01-2021, 10:21 PM
M33mike

Most listened to stuff from what Iíve bought over the last few months or so

My 5 year old is obsessed with this at the minute

Unread 15-01-2021, 10:42 PM
chooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Good thread....but will find it hard not to slag someone off if certain artistes are featured ( not falling for any obvious wums)

Canít do pictures, but I only own 4 pieces of vinyl that I held onto after the great purge of 1993

First 3 sex pistols singles
Original spiral scratch - buzzc**ks
Original labels? Worth a few quid I'd imagine. I seem to remember some guy on the underground market selling the A & M recording of God save the queen. I may also have dreamt this

Unread 16-01-2021, 08:38 AM
MUFC One Love

Got one of the ones in like a case. A couple of years ago. Got a few records including old ones from charity shops.

Not had it out for over a year. Do you guys have speakers attached? I just find it easier to out Spotify on through my Bose speaker.

Might get back into playing records.

Unread 16-01-2021, 09:13 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch
Original labels? Worth a few quid I'd imagine. I seem to remember some guy on the underground market selling the A & M recording of God save the queen. I may also have dreamt this

The hippie couple near the boots side exit ?

Used to clutter up the place for hours getting them to play records . Nice people

Last edited by rubbernecker; 16-01-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Unread 16-01-2021, 09:21 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
It's addictive & expensive... so probably. Yes.

Waiting on a limited edition red vinyl copy of Father John Misty's Fear Fun to come through the door at the moment. Have I Love You, Honeybear on clear vinyl already
the issue I have is that it goes against what I'm trying to do with my music - get it more organised and compact.

but I do love the look and sound of it.....

Unread 16-01-2021, 10:02 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
the issue I have is that it goes against what I'm trying to do with my music - get it more organised and compact.

but I do love the look and sound of it.....
Its the tactile thing for me. The covers, labels, notes, lyrics etc. My hearing isnt good enough to tell the difference in sound too much, though I also like the ritual of putting a record on. But thats an age thing, ive been doing that for 40 years.

I use Spotify and Alexa, but as mad as it sounds even listening to stuff on there I enjoy it more knowing I own a copy. Postage rates and more knowing sellers make it an expensive hobby, but there is no better feeling than picking up something from the wild for peanuts (car boot sales are good for this)

Unread 16-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33mike
Most listened to stuff from what Iíve bought over the last few months or so

My 5 year old is obsessed with this at the minute
Todd

Has to be repped, has to be.

Unread 16-01-2021, 06:33 PM
otbarney

I recently bought an album by the Tempests, unfortunately not the original 1968 pressing though.

Last edited by otbarney; 16-01-2021 at 06:39 PM.