United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
best striker at the club by a country mile

yes he’ll miss a chance or two but his hold up play, link play and dribbling with the ball at pace is just on another level to everyone else

Cavani should be used as an impact sub when we need something different but Martial should remain our main man until the time comes where we want to sign a Halaand or Mbappe level striker

just wish he got a goal to seal his performance
He needs to do this every week, not 1 in 10.

Though he was very good today.

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:50 PM
AK14

A chance or two...

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Tronics

and i hate how everyone always talks about him not smiling, who £#%&!ing cares

and why does it matter? James Milner doesn’t smile much and looks like he has the personality of a cardboard box and no-one says anything, so annoying

let the lad play football

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:00 PM
NedKelly

Was magnificent out there today. Have been half tempted to retire my poster of him from the bedroom wall lately, but, hands up, he’s put the work in and won me back over. What a soldier.

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:04 PM
red in cumbria

Doing a Pogba and only turning up for the odd game won't suffice in his case either. Start doing it on a regular basis, and that's different - and we have always known he has the ability.

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:23 PM
Vida_15

martial played well today and showed a bit of bite and graft to him....he still missed a £#%&!ing sitter though to put the game to bed. his one job and he £#%&!ing can't do it consistently enough

he and pogba are too similar when it comes to putting in a decent performance from time to time just to remind us just how good they can be but just aren't

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:27 PM
NedKelly

Unbelievable. Can the anti-Martial brigade let others just enjoy a world class performance put in by the main man? Or is there still an agenda at play?

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:32 PM
Tronics

what Martial did in the 2nd half on the half way line?

come on.... the lad is pure filth! but he really should score this

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:36 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
what Martial did in the 2nd half on the half way line?

come on.... the lad is pure filth! but he really should score this
https://streamable.com/d5m8u7
again...that's his main job to finish that right there and put the game to bed but he just isn't a clinical goal scorer that you need at the 9 position

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:39 PM
Tronics

unfortunately the striker we need that can finish chances like that is going to cost us upwards of £70m

i just dont see that happening. we will have to figure out a cheaper solution maybe that means signing a striker not as good all round but more clinical infront of goal.

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Coracao

He did well today in being an outlet for the ball and his hold up play and bringing others into the game.

If we want to step up to challenging and winning titles, we need someone with far better movement in and around the penalty area and someone who takes chances. Martial doesn't get many chances because his movement is nowhere near good enough. Something he probably can't be coached on.

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:42 PM
Sparky***

that's the martial i want to see every week. stones and dias couldn't handle him

Unread 07-03-2021, 09:22 PM
puressence

Outstanding. Where have you been

Unread 07-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
unfortunately the striker we need that can finish chances like that is going to cost us upwards of £70m

i just dont see that happening. we will have to figure out a cheaper solution maybe that means signing a striker not as good all round but more clinical infront of goal.
Most strikers would usually score that chance, including Martial...

Unread 08-03-2021, 02:01 PM
andyroo

I don't think he was expecting it to break to him tbh, it looked pretty unlikely (and was a free kick to McTommers of course) so he kind of rushed it. Sort of thing that happens all the time and if he wasn't on such a bad run we wouldn't have thought much about it. Didn't really cost us either, and he played pretty well all round.

Unread 08-03-2021, 02:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Excellent yesterday, and precisely because he was working hard and actually look arsed.

Be nice if he could do it more than once a every 15 games like

Unread 08-03-2021, 02:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I don't think he was expecting it to break to him tbh, it looked pretty unlikely (and was a free kick to McTommers of course) so he kind of rushed it. Sort of thing that happens all the time and if he wasn't on such a bad run we wouldn't have thought much about it. Didn't really cost us either, and he played pretty well all round.
His lack of anticipation?

Unread 08-03-2021, 02:55 PM
utd99

Played well yesterday. Awful miss though, and never the solution at 9 in a million years.

Unread 08-03-2021, 07:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Outstanding. Where have you been
Sulking, mostly?