United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:13 PM
AK14

Default Diogo Dalot

When is he back?

One of our better players this season and although AWB has improved his weaknesses are still there.

Unread 23-01-2023, 01:14 PM
dunk

Christ we need a proper RB.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Christ we need a proper RB.
this, obvs. wan b has played just well as dalot. which is to say not good enough, all things considered.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:17 PM
atticusgrinch

You can see that Varane and Casemiro are reluctant to pass to AWB when they all play together.

We need this guy back so bad. You'd have to be completely clueless to think other wise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this, obvs. wan b has played just well as dalot. which is to say not good enough, all things considered.
Oh...

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Both have improved. Good for them. Dalot is slightly better. Neither are good enough long term.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Both have improved. Good for them. Dalot is slightly better. Neither are good enough long term.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:25 PM
dunk

Honestly don’t understand your fascination with Dalot. Doesn’t do anything particularly well. You are literally the only person I’ve ever heard of that thinks he’s anything other but rank average.

Honestly forgotten he exists and wasn’t playing tbh.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:26 PM
Bunker Buster

AWB's purple patch lasted long then.....
.he has the worst positional sense of any right back ive ever seen...

Cost us yesterday as he cost us in Europe....

Dalot is 15 X better at least ...

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Honestly don’t understand your fascination with Dalot. Doesn’t do anything particularly well. You are literally the only person I’ve ever heard of that thinks he’s anything other but rank average.

Honestly forgotten he exists and wasn’t playing tbh.
Ten Hag and the Portugal manager seemed quite keen.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Ten Hag and the Portugal manager seemed quite keen.
Because they’ve no one else?

At least had no one else in ETH’s case. Was desperate for a RB though IIRC..

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:30 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I just can't process how followers of football, who think they know what they're talking about, can't see it. It's hilarious

"Well, Dalot might be a bit better"

Even Southgate figured it out ffs.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:31 PM
dunk

Don’t recall Southgate picking Dalot tbf.

I don’t think anybody is arguing that Reece James isn’t better than AWB. Or TAA, going forwards at least.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Because they’ve no one else?

At least had no one else in ETH’s case. Was desperate for a RB though IIRC..
Portugal don't have anyone else at full back?

You don't remember correctly. You've been believing what you read on twitter again.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:49 PM
jem

dalot has improved and played well this season. he's not the rb messiah, though. his tiki-taka with antony annoys me. he's adequate.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:57 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
dalot has improved and played well this season. he's not the rb messiah, though. his tiki-taka with antony annoys me. he's adequate.
Much improved in the air but we need a better first choice.

Unread 23-01-2023, 03:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Total myth that he’s a good defender, but just can’t attack. He’s not a good defender. He’s a good tackler and that’s it.

Quote:
He isn’t better at all? I wouldn’t argue with that either.

Unread 23-01-2023, 03:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Portugal don't have anyone else at full back?

You don't remember correctly. You've been believing what you read on twitter again.

I remember that Cancelo disappeared up his own arse to the extent that he lost his place for City going into the tournament and was £#%&! and therefore dropped for Portugal with Dalot being the only option beyond him.

Cancelo still struggling to oust the mighty Rico Lewis.

Are you his brother or something? You take it very personally when someone says he’s average and immediately jump into bashing AWB even though he’s not been mentioned

By the way, I’ve not heard anyone say ‘we need Dalot back’ or bemoan his absence either immediately post WC or during this absence, we actually improved when he went off against Charlton. Martinelli caused him nightmares at OT, whereas AWB kept him quiet in the main yesterday.

Neither is good enough, they’re much of a muchness. Erik’s quest for a new RB pretty much confirms this.

Unread 23-01-2023, 04:58 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I remember that Cancelo disappeared up his own arse to the extent that he lost his place for City going into the tournament and was £#%&! and therefore dropped for Portugal with Dalot being the only option beyond him.

Cancelo still struggling to oust the mighty Rico Lewis.

Are you his brother or something? You take it very personally when someone says he’s average and immediately jump into bashing AWB even though he’s not been mentioned

By the way, I’ve not heard anyone say ‘we need Dalot back’ or bemoan his absence either immediately post WC or during this absence, we actually improved when he went off against Charlton. Martinelli caused him nightmares at OT, whereas AWB kept him quiet in the main yesterday.

Neither is good enough, they’re much of a muchness. Erik’s quest for a new RB pretty much confirms this.
Wait, you think Hag was searching for a RB to replace Dalot and not AWB?

You think it's just coincidence that AWB only plays when Dalot is injured?

Unread 23-01-2023, 05:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Wait, you think Hag was searching for a RB to replace Dalot and not AWB?

You think it's just coincidence that AWB only plays when Dalot is injured?
I think he was searching for a RB. He’s not going to get one worse than what he has (would be pretty difficult tbf).

Dalot would be ample back up. So would AWB really.

AWB was injured up to the WC, so didn’t play. Might’ve made the bench once or twice. But again, you’re prattling on about AWB you simpleton.

Unread 23-01-2023, 05:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I think he was searching for a RB. He’s not going to get one worse than what he has (would be pretty difficult tbf).

Dalot would be ample back up. So would AWB really.

AWB was injured up to the WC, so didn’t play. Might’ve made the bench once or twice. But again, you’re prattling on about AWB you simpleton.
I'm just trying to understand your rationale. It would be pretty hard to get a worse right back that AWB, no doubt.

So AWB will still be at the club next season you reckon? Weird how when Solksjaer got sacked AWB started getting 'injured' all the time.
Closed Thread