Unread 09-04-2023, 03:05 AM
Denis Irwell

All seater stadiums
Corrupt administration @ fifa, uefa and probably fa and pl
Cheating, not-arsed, diving players
Agents
Corrupt refs

But oh noes, a man in a tea towel wrong thread

is there a connection I’m missing here btw? America wants PL football so blame it on Qatar, who don’t have zip influence in PL. Try looking at United, Liverpool and Chelsea American owners who were at the forefront of this, last time around

They haven’t taken over yet and if they do, they’ll be an improvement on the existing foreign ownership

Unread 09-04-2023, 04:41 AM
Stickman

I assumed the Qatar mentions on this thread were baiting….

Unread 09-04-2023, 08:27 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Tbf they’re probably stupid enough to think Qatar would want game s played in the states as opposed to the country they’re from and they’ve just spend “290 billion” on to host football games

Unread 09-04-2023, 08:55 AM
Ethers

It probably is unfair to suggest it’s their fault, but I guess it’s slightly understandable to hear about a sporting event taking place in a wholly inappropriate location on the other side of the globe and assume the Qatari’s are at it again.

Unread 09-04-2023, 09:00 AM
AK14

Guessing this is what the glazers are holding out for?

Would probably mean more broadcasting money etc?

Unread 09-04-2023, 09:46 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The mashalla commandoes come steaming out to defend their maroon overlords....

Unread 09-04-2023, 10:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
The mashalla commandoes come steaming out to defend their maroon overlords....

Worzel. Wummage.

Unread 09-04-2023, 04:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
No, they're holding out for more money - its that simple.

Unread 09-04-2023, 04:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
"we want glazers out!" coming to your doorstep.

Unread 10-04-2023, 09:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Silly, irrelevant Qatar references aside, obviously yank owners having another go at getting their grubby mitts on the action. How many US owners in the PL? Damage they’ve done since their arrival yet usual suspects pissing their knickers about Qatar again.

Unread 10-04-2023, 09:42 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Silly, irrelevant Qatar references aside, obviously yank owners having another go at getting their grubby mitts on the action. How many US owners in the PL? Damage they’ve done since their arrival yet usual suspects pissing their knickers about Qatar again.
But the Glazers are better than middle east owners. Yep, that's right, a family bleeding the club dry is better.

Unread 10-04-2023, 10:00 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
But the Glazers are better than middle east owners. Yep, that's right, a family bleeding the club dry is better.
Tbh, when you look back at it now, I do feel we’ve all been too hard on the glazers. Woodward was our biggest problem. There’s nothing wrong with being investors and expecting a return. This is 2023.

And you’d be a liar if you just ignored what the Carabou victory meant to Joel. Staying behind to shake all our players hands in person. Not many owners would do that and I very much doubt the Qataris would.

The glazers now come across as genuine fans - clearly that wasn’t always the case but perhaps the united bug has grown on them.

Wouldn’t be unhappy at all if they didn’t sell.

Unread 10-04-2023, 11:36 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Tbh, when you look back at it now, I do feel we’ve all been too hard on the glazers. Woodward was our biggest problem. There’s nothing wrong with being investors and expecting a return. This is 2023.

And you’d be a liar if you just ignored what the Carabou victory meant to Joel. Staying behind to shake all our players hands in person. Not many owners would do that and I very much doubt the Qataris would.

The glazers now come across as genuine fans - clearly that wasn’t always the case but perhaps the united bug has grown on them.

Correct. They have wonderful values we can get behind.

Unread 10-04-2023, 11:49 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Top reds realised we’d got through to Joel when he wrote that open letter. He seems like a really nice guy and wants us to succeed. Even something like backing Ole - you look back and you realise no other top club would show faith in a club legend like that. It was a mistake, but one I’m glad we made.

Unread 10-04-2023, 12:02 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Top reds realised we’d got through to Joel when he wrote that open letter. He seems like a really nice guy and wants us to succeed. Even something like backing Ole - you look back and you realise no other top club would show faith in a club legend like that. It was a mistake, but one I’m glad we made.
You’re right about Ole. It was a very brave move but thank God they went with it. And I think it was the open letter when the penny dropped with me. It was very revealing about the glazers true motivation. And that’s when I and I suspect many fans admitted that perhaps we’d got it wrong. I made a point of not singing any of the ‘glazers going to die’ chants after that. And not wearing a green and gold scarf.

Think people are now too eager to move on from the glazers - just when they’re getting it right.

Unread 10-04-2023, 12:59 PM
RedMenace

That was Avi that was at the final. He's the real red in the family. Joel is just a Martial fanboy.

Unread 10-04-2023, 01:01 PM
no fun

Quote:
You’re right about Ole. It was a very brave move but thank God they went with it. And I think it was the open letter when the penny dropped with me. It was very revealing about the glazers true motivation. And that’s when I and I suspect many fans admitted that perhaps we’d got it wrong. I made a point of not singing any of the ‘glazers going to die’ chants after that. And not wearing a green and gold scarf.

Think people are now too eager to move on from the glazers - just when they’re getting it right.
I don’t sit near the players tunnel keith, but if you do can you pull down that glazers out banner next hom3 game?

Unread 11-04-2023, 11:13 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Hard to believe but people really do underestimate the damage Woodward inflicted on the club. He actually believed he could run the rule over everything in order to curry favour with the owners but .… the Glazers sat around watching him do it. Slowly. Right before their Ł#%&!ing eyes. For 15 years. In fact, they instructed him to make as much money for them as he possibly could. He responded to the brief and here we are. The club hasn’t got a pot to piss in and the Glazers stand to take 7 or 8 billion out of the club, along with their dividends and the debt they’ve left. It isn’t Woodward dragging his feet over the “sale” to leech even more out of the club.

Im not too keen on turbans but I think you need to have a bit of a think about that last line.

Unread 11-04-2023, 11:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Im not too keen on turbans but I think you need to have a bit of a think

Jesus Christ

Reported.

Unread 11-04-2023, 12:01 PM
Chris Quayd

It's a pre-season tournament, everyone can stand down for another few years
Closed Thread