United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:13 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We don’t know how long for though. They could just mean this week. They’re not gonna get a full time replacement or even an outside interim by Tuesday, someone in-club has got to take charge for at least one game.
Suppose… would anyone be surprised if he’s in the job for the season though?

If only there was a break period to club football…

Say a two week slot where you could sack a manager and hire a replacement before club football restarted

£#%&!ing cretins

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:17 AM
Vedder

Fletcher as interim and the same coaching staff we’ll be worse off than with Ole ffs

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:18 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Suppose… would anyone be surprised if he’s in the job for the season though?

If only there was a break period to club football…

Say a two week slot where you could sack a manager and hire a replacement before club football restarted

£#%&!ing cretins
I wouldn’t even mind if we actually took the time to get someone good, but I fear we’ll just desperately throw money at ZZ.

I would LOVE us to go for ETH, but I just can’t see that happening. Outside of him, I still think Poch makes sense for us. I think he’d have a job turning us down in the summer.

If Fletcher buys us time and just brings a different voice to things, then so be it.

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:18 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Fletcher as interim and the same coaching staff we’ll be worse off than with Ole ffs
It'll be for a game or two until we get a proper full time replacement in imo

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
If Ole goes, I think Carrick and McKenna are gone too.

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Can that fraud of a set piece coach £#%&! off aswell

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:24 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Can that fraud of a set piece coach f*** off aswell
Amen

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:33 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
We don’t know how long for though. They could just mean this week. They’re not gonna get a full time replacement or even an outside interim by Tuesday, someone in-club has got to take charge for at least one game.
Interim not caretaker....

If it's for the season and theres a genuine plan to get ETH or Poch in the summer fair enough. Just dont give it them full time if we beat Arsenal.

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Interim not caretaker....

If it's for the season and theres a genuine plan to get ETH or Poch in the summer fair enough. Just dont give it them full time if we beat Arsenal.
Isn’t that just a different word for the same thing? Interim doesn’t mean a specific amount of time….does it….(definitely doesn’t google from here…)

Unread 21-11-2021, 12:48 AM
tatty

As long as he's just shit enough for the giddy elements in our fan base not to start projecting on to him.

'Dazza at the wheel'

Unread 21-11-2021, 01:01 AM
Stickman

We £#%&!ed.

Unread 21-11-2021, 01:03 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
As long as he's just shit enough for the giddy elements in our fan base not to start projecting on to him.

'Dazza at the wheel'
🎶 hes one of our owwwwwwwwn 🎶

Unread 21-11-2021, 01:22 AM
Jack Duckworth

fletcher and carrick

Unread 21-11-2021, 01:44 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

'Dazza at the wheel'
Oh he’s shit enough alright

Unread 21-11-2021, 02:20 AM
20LEgend1999

Even if it's only a couple of games, reading "Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick are expected to take temporary charge at Manchester United" has filled me with dread.

Unread 21-11-2021, 03:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Even if it's only a couple of games, reading "Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick are expected to take temporary charge at Manchester United" has filled me with dread.
Can’t possibly go well against Villarreal in a crunch CL game and Chelsea, both away, can it…? With Arsenal fast on the heels..

Unread 21-11-2021, 03:16 AM
Ethers

Wasn’t Fletcher “tasked with finding the best replacement available in the event of Ole’s sacking”?

Can just imagine it now.

“Well actually Joel, and you’re not gonna bloody believe this, but turns out I’m the guy. I’ve run the numbers again just to make sure but yeah, it’s me. I’m the man.”

Unread 21-11-2021, 03:22 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Wasn’t Fletcher “tasked with finding the best replacement available in the event of Ole’s sacking”?

Can just imagine it now.

“Well actually Joel, and you’re not gonna bloody believe this, but turns out I’m the guy. I’ve run the numbers again just to make sure but yeah, it’s me. I’m the man.”

Not dumb is ar Daz, he'll have sold himself with a jingle.

'You Betcha you'll get the job done with Dazza Fletcha'

Unread 21-11-2021, 06:23 AM
believe

I’d worry that there’s not much difference between fletcher and ole in terms of how they’re perceived by the players. We’re in a different era now whereby the players are stronger than the managers and we need someone who isn’t going to be swayed by that.

We need someone to come in who is going to put the fear of god in to them and make them terrified of losing or even just underperforming.

If the next person is “interim” then put Keane in there to get that mentality back in the dressing room and let Fletcher be the good cop assistant.

Unread 21-11-2021, 06:57 AM
Bunker Buster

It doesn't matter if it's Darren, Nuno, brucey or Carrick....

We need an interim manager TODAY with some serious back ground work going into (ETH) a long term management team with coaching staff...
Closed Thread