United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2023, 07:14 PM
windy waffles

Football David Alaba

Apparently Real have said 'OK' to a move to United for the player ETH is 'obsessed with'

Believe when I see it...

Unread 24-07-2023, 07:59 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Top player, but makes no sense whatsoever?

Unread 24-07-2023, 08:05 PM
Finport Red

Sounds like a cheap radio out of Argos.

I like that. Sign him up.

Unread 24-07-2023, 08:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Top player, but makes no sense whatsoever?
Nope, unless he’s Captain Mags’ replacement and is cheap as £#%&!.

Unread 24-07-2023, 08:19 PM
Baron

Pep played him in midfield for Bayern right? Left footed option in there as well as cover at CB or LB which makes him utterly invaluable alongside his winning mentality.

I strongly imagine he’s fit as a butchers dog and hopefully capable of playing as much as Varane has. Combined we get one Rolls Royce, and world class mentality to lead a young side.

Resetting standards is a big part of the culture ETH needs to think about off the back of the Ronaldo and Greenwood debacles this past 12 months.

Unread 24-07-2023, 08:43 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Pep played him in midfield for Bayern right? Left footed option in there as well as cover at CB or LB which makes him utterly invaluable alongside his winning mentality.

I strongly imagine he’s fit as a butchers dog and hopefully capable of playing as much as Varane has. Combined we get one Rolls Royce, and world class mentality to lead a young side.

Resetting standards is a big part of the culture ETH needs to think about off the back of the Ronaldo and Greenwood debacles this past 12 months.
Varane only played 2 fewer league games than Lisandro. Alaba's exceptional and unlikely he'd be content to come in second fiddle. Clearly its unsubstantiated tabloid-nonsense, but does bring up wider point re: difficulty in finding a capable CB who is aware they will not crack the Varane/Lisandro partnership when fit (which is a near-to-perfect pairing).

Unread 25-07-2023, 12:51 PM
BigJim

Can't see Alaba being happy just to be part of a rotation.

I'm pleasantly surprised there wasn't more noise about Lindelof this Summer. Sitting directly behind Maguire's line of passing Saturday and he is £#%&!ing terrible. Everything was either straight at or behind the advanced player. Unless it's heading the ball away from set pieces or crosses from open play, I would trust him to do anything well. Think Evans is better tbh.
Closed Thread