Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2023, 11:37 AM
windy waffles

Talking Brandon Williams

Off to Ipswich.

The kid is living the dream.

Unread 23-08-2023, 11:40 AM
dunk

£60k a week to play for Ipswich isn’t far off a dream tbf.

Unread 23-08-2023, 11:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Will do really well at championship level. Good for him, nowhere near good enough for us.

Unread 23-08-2023, 11:47 AM
NedKelly

Vaguely remember some reds saying he was better than Shaw.

Unread 23-08-2023, 11:48 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Off to Ipswich.

Why is that so hilarious?

Koppas' life or Williams'...hmmm

Unread 23-08-2023, 11:51 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Vaguely remember some reds saying he was better than Shaw.
That’s more on how bad Shaw was at the time.

Unread 23-08-2023, 11:52 AM
Offerington

He looked v good when he first came through. Not exactly easy to make it at united despite what half of the fat slobs on here might think ffs

Unread 23-08-2023, 12:02 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
"ipswich level" meme..

Unread 23-08-2023, 12:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£60k a week to play for Ipswich isn’t far off a dream tbf.
I wonder how much of that we’ll be paying.

Woodward, Judge and Ole properly screwed us over with the contracts they handed out.

Unread 23-08-2023, 12:07 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
"ipswich level" meme..
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington

Koppas' life or Williams'...hmmm
More to do with the fact he is joining Ipswich which is a meme on here.

Good luck to him. They look good this season.

Unread 23-08-2023, 12:11 PM
suedeshoes

Shame. I like having a lad from Harpurhey in the sqaud.

Unread 23-08-2023, 12:13 PM
TheHatchetMan

Ipswich are quite well covered at wing back with Leif Davis and Harry Clarke both being decent players. I'm actually a big fan of Clarke, watched him at Stoke a few times last season and thought he was a very direct player and more than capable.

I believe both Davis and Clarke have had some injuries recently so maybe this is to add cover and depth.

I don't think he will be guaranteed to start every week though. He will need to work for it and have the right attitude as this isn't a bit Ipswich side. Mckenna has done an incredible job so far.

Unread 23-08-2023, 12:13 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I wonder how much of that we’ll be paying.

Woodward, Judge and Ole properly screwed us over with the contracts they handed out.
What's bizarre is they gave people new contracts so we'd get a transfer fee but the contracts were so good that no-one could afford to equal the wages and the players would prefer to basically retire rather than lose money and have to actually play football.

Unread 23-08-2023, 12:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What's bizarre is they gave people new contracts so we'd get a transfer fee but the contracts were so good that no-one could afford to equal the wages and the players would prefer to basically retire rather than lose money and have to actually play football.
I’m convinced it was accounting chicanery to elevate the value and amortisation values of the squad. Players were somehow worth more to them here on long contracts rather than sold and having to be replaced… Rojo, Jones, Bailly, Januzaj, Williams all given daft contracts or renewals that were unwarranted.

Unread 23-08-2023, 01:41 PM
Seamus

he's back with Kieran McKenna, he will re-energise him

Unread 23-08-2023, 01:47 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Quite correct.

Quote:
I’m convinced it was accounting chicanery to elevate the value and amortisation values of the squad. Players were somehow worth more to them here on long contracts rather than sold and having to be replaced… Rojo, Jones, Bailly, Januzaj, Williams all given daft contracts or renewals that were unwarranted.
As is this.

You just know some clever £#%&!er in their accountancy circles suggested it and Woody and Judge thought they'd be hailed as financial geniuses at some point. Utter morons.

This is partially why I'm reluctant to batter the new guys. Look at what they had to unravel.

Unread 23-08-2023, 02:56 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Wonder if it’s behind what Chelsea are trying to do to inflate their worth for a sale in a couple of years. Good luck flushing turds with four years still on their contract in four years’ time.

Unread 23-08-2023, 03:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Balloon sucking #@&%!, good riddance

Unread 23-08-2023, 04:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Off to Ipswich.

He's conquered Norfolk. Now he's back to conquer Suffolk.

Brandon K Williams. The East Anglian defensive maestro.

Unread 23-08-2023, 05:05 PM
armchair

Braindead Williams, as they call him on the estate.
Closed Thread