United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Default Players you were wrong about...

OK, I'll hold my hands up - I was wrong about Ashley Young. Before we signed him, I thought he was an average, overrated speed merchant with the footballing intelligence of a half-eaten blancmange who was only effective on the break against stretched teams. But I have to admit, he's even worse than I thought - a truly shit signing.

Unread 24-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Harri Jaffa

Berbatov

Thought that playing Berbatov, Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney would mean winning every game a hundred million willion squillion - nil

Unread 24-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Ginners

carrick

slated him for years but last season he finally showed his class.

Unread 24-07-2013, 02:55 PM
sudored

Anderson! Used to have him as my avatar on here

Unread 24-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Harri Jaffa

I didn't think that Yorke was going to be all that

Unread 24-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Berbatov

Thought that playing Berbatov, Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney would mean winning every game a hundred million willion squillion - nil
I thought Berbs would take us to another level, but rather upwards than downwards. How many times did the four of them play together though? My frazzled mind can only recall the 5-2 comeback against Spurs which was sublime

Unread 24-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Jez Quigley

Tony Adams

Used to take the piss out of him - turned into the greatest British defender of my time.

G Neville Adams Ferdinand A Cole

Is a World Cup winning back 4

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
carrick

slated him for years but last season he finally showed his class.

Not much gets my goat up, admittedly, but statements like that... total £#%&!ing revisionism. He was excellent in 07,08, and generally very good up to last season - when he admittedly had a corker - but it's always the same shit that I hear levelled at him, and mainly as a result of Rome and Wembley - people expecting him to carry a midfield full of shit against one of the greatest teams ever

I don't think Carrick will ever really get the recognition he deserves, he's been an integral part of a multiple title winning team and a team that got to 3 european cup finals in 4 years, while mostly partnered by an over the hill scholes or giggs, or shit like anderson and cleverly. It's a shame Fletcher has had his issues or I suspect we'd have won even more over the past 5 years.

But no, last season was his first quality season

P.s. The above isn't aimed at you ginners, there's far worse carrick haters.

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:00 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
I thought Berbs would take us to another level, but rather upwards than downwards. How many times did the four of them play together though? My frazzled mind can only recall the 5-2 comeback against Spurs which was sublime
Liverpool away was another. Scored early, bottled it.

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
freggles tried it against liverpool

worked for about 15 minutes iirc

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:03 PM
The Watcher

Expected more from the Djemba Twins tbh

Hargreaves :shakehead: Should have been a great player for United.

Stickman

I used to say Van Persie was overrated up until 2011.

Thought Dirk Kuyt looked good when Liverpool signed him and said Torres would flop at Liverpool.

Said Van Der Vaart would flop at spurs too.

Called Deco to Chelsea, Maicon to City and Bosnich to is bang on, knew those ones would be shit. :embarrassed:

Charlestown Rouge

Rio Ferdinand - couldn't believe we paid that much for him.

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
freggles tried it against liverpool

worked for about 15 minutes iirc
Ronaldo didn't play that day did he?

Sure it was carrick giggs Scholes behind Berb Roon Tevez.

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Ethers

Carrick. Slated him on the reg when he first signed.

Anderson. Spent years defending the tubby joker.

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Sparky***

Rio Ferdinand. When he first signed for us I worried he would just be a 'spice boy' type player and never achieve his potential.

Turned out to be an absolute gem and deserves to retire playing for United.

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

I remember thinking Moyes had landed a bargain in Andy van der Meyde... maybe in another universe he did

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Expected more from the Djemba Twins tbh

Hargreaves :shakehead: Should have been a great player for United.
Never got the hype around him, thought we were mad paying the money we did for him at the time. Good first season and ever since then

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Ronaldo didn't play that day did he?

Sure it was carrick giggs Scholes behind Berb Roon Tevez.

Ridiculous line up that

[understatement] But yeah, didn't really work as well as it should [/understatement]

Unread 24-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

sheringham. Thought he was going to be a disgrace.
Closed Thread