United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Blagger

Exclamation Unofficial Party/Parade Thursday 22nd. If we beat Chelsea.

From the Red News Forum:

"Manchester United Football Club ,despite another successful season, look likely, even if they win the European Cup on Wednesday not to have a victory parade or civic reception in Manchester.

The decision seemingly being that of Manchester & Trafford Council and also the GMP.

As fans we are now sick of this.

Year after year, excuse after excuse from the council whether it be Manchester or Trafford, the GMP or even the club themselves.

We as fans do not get an opportunity to see our hero’s come home and show them our appreciation and get to celebrate together as one in Manchester.

We are the only club in the world whose supporters are deprived of this.

The only City in the world whose authorities seem to punish there own.

Several reasons have been given to why there will not be a parade this year.

The biggest reason seemingly being that 100,000 (or 500,000 depending if you live in Glasgow), Scottish football fans who have no relevance or anything to do with our club or city, came down last week on the invitation of Manchester council themselves, who laid on everything from big screens to bars and entertainment, and decided to wreck the city and turn it into a war zone.

No doubt the money outlaid for all this in the first place was paid by from the taxes of the people of Manchester.

Money well spent, its good to see the people of Manchester benefiting from such events hosted by the council!!!!

Hopefully the council raised enough money for the clean up operation, however no doubt Manchester people are now paying for that as well.

We were told by the council and GMP many years ago that a civic reception in Albert Square was out of the question because of safety issues, they were worried of such a big crowd in such a small area.

This is the very same council and Police force who invited and allowed tens of thousands of Glasgow Rangers fans to come and get drunk in the very same Albert Square.

This year more than ever a parade, if we won, would seem apt, as thousands of fans who would have liked to have been there are not able to afford the ridiculous prices to get out to Moscow to see the game.

However this is not looking likely.

Well if the councils and club are not willing to do anything we as supporters are.

We are calling on all Manchester United supporters, if we are lucky enough to beat Chelsea on Wednesday night, to meet on the forecourt of Old Trafford on Thursday night from 7.00pm where at 7.30pm we will start our own parade into town.
We urge all supporters to show what Manchester United means to them.. Bring your scarves, flags, banners and let’s party on into town. Bring all the family, mums, dads, kids, granddad, grandma if we win it belongs to us all.

Manchester United is our club and despite what our bitter neighbours want to say Manchester is our city.

Let’s show both Trafford and Manchester council’s that they will not dictate to us on whether we can or can’t have a parade in our own city, because they can’t be bothered organising one or because they have been left with egg on their face after last weeks farce."

Unread 19-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Spiffy

Where will they get the EC and Premier League trophies from? Without them and the players, no one will turn up.

Unread 19-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Thats a £#%&!in belting idea

Unread 19-05-2008, 08:16 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

its more of a protest march than a parade

Unread 19-05-2008, 08:16 PM
armchair

It's a disgrace when compared to pompey's cup celebrations. Just go out celebrate.

Unread 19-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Where will they get the EC and Premier League trophies from? Without them and the players, no one will turn up.
talk about replicas. £#%&! knows just go for the piss up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
It's a disgrace when compared to pompey's cup celebrations. Just go out celebrate.
NFT

Unread 19-05-2008, 08:28 PM
marlo stansfield

there is this charity that have a replica champions league trophy

me and my mate tried to jack it for a laugh a few years ago outside ot.

Unread 19-05-2008, 08:32 PM
forzagarza

Hopefully there'll be a bouncy castle on a pigs head

Unread 19-05-2008, 08:44 PM
believe

can we sit down on chester rd on the way?

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Hopefully there'll be a bouncy castle on a pigs head
how about staying in leeds with all the rest of the scum, @#%&!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

do as you wish.

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:08 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
how about staying in leeds with all the rest of the scum, @#%&!.
Do you prefer the teapots?

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:08 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
pure did yesterday, you should see the pothole

no, crater

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Hopskipjump

I'm flying back thursday

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Do you prefer the teapots?
only if they have matching saucers.

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:18 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskipjump
I'm flying back thursday
you'll see the game though

HTH

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Hopskipjump

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
you'll see the game though

HTH
y.i.d

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:21 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
y.i.d

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:22 PM
believe

Quote:
Yes I Did. I think.

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
he he, I didnt mean YID,and yes Believe is correct

Unread 19-05-2008, 09:27 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Yes I Did
Quote:
and yes Believe is correct
are you talking about yourself in the third person? from the future?

odd

Closed Thread