United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Zorg

Mike, I mean no disrespect but I think you need to stop focusing on what FC should be doing.

For a start, I know for a fact that the club is fully behind the G&G and the current protests and is not in any taking a 'told you so' line. They, and I, agree with you, that there's no point in such a stance. As much as it's galling to receive emails telling me about the debt from the very people that told me to £#%&! off five years ago, I agree we should move on.

Of course, FC is like any other group of people - it contains mixed opinions. Sadly, some have gone on the FC forum and taken the opinions of two or three to be representative of everyone, which is simply not the case. Some people have taken the 'too little too late' stance, that's their opinion, but it doesn't mean every FC fan feels the same. In fact, the majority opinion is that the current protests might have arrived late but that they are still to be welcomed.

Personally, I am boycotting. This has been my response since the day Glazer came and it's never changed.

I think there simply has to be an organised, one-match boycott. A five minute walkout is just pointless, in my opinion. Quite apart from the fact that a walkout happens on the 80th minute every fortnight, it will have a limited impact compared to a large number of fans gathered outside the ground and refusing to go in. Even if they've already paid, so what? The impact could be significant.

Unless people are willing to do this, to miss one single match as part of wider, ongoing protests, this whole thing will be doomed to failure. Just my view.

Unread 01-02-2010, 01:41 PM
redloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Mike, I mean no disrespect but I think you need to stop focusing on what FC should be doing.

For a start, I know for a fact that the club is fully behind the G&G and the current protests and is not in any taking a 'told you so' line. They, and I, agree with you, that there's no point in such a stance. As much as it's galling to receive emails telling me about the debt from the very people that told me to £#%&! off five years ago, I agree we should move on.

Of course, FC is like any other group of people - it contains mixed opinions. Sadly, some have gone on the FC forum and taken the opinions of two or three to be representative of everyone, which is simply not the case. Some people have taken the 'too little too late' stance, that's their opinion, but it doesn't mean every FC fan feels the same. In fact, the majority opinion is that the current protests might have arrived late but that they are still to be welcomed.

Personally, I am boycotting. This has been my response since the day Glazer came and it's never changed.

I think there simply has to be an organised, one-match boycott. A five minute walkout is just pointless, in my opinion. Quite apart from the fact that a walkout happens on the 80th minute every fortnight, it will have a limited impact compared to a large number of fans gathered outside the ground and refusing to go in. Even if they've already paid, so what? The impact could be significant.

Unless people are willing to do this, to miss one single match as part of wider, ongoing protests, this whole thing will be doomed to failure. Just my view.
Yep. FC United needs simply to be there in the background. It should take no action in the campaign. All I'll do is put my FC support to one side and be an anti-Glazer United fan, as we all are.