United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-06-2008, 04:46 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Come on people, have a word with yourselves, you are playing right into the hands of this massed ranks of the £#%&!wit media.
How much would you bet on that?

Unread 08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Didn't he say he would make no comment?

Didn't Big Phil say the same?

Sounds to me that Marca are just rubbing out the tracks of their propaganda

Until any of these words come out of his mouth, in English, on a televised interview, I'm ignoring it all.
Er, no you're not

Unread 08-06-2008, 04:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
How much would you bet on that?
Bet on what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Er, no you're not
Except on here, obviously.

Unread 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Spiffy

straight after the game he committed to United live on ITV. A few hours later he told the BBC "I didn't promise anyone, not the United fans, nobody"

He does this, he tells us what we want to hear then goes and says something ambiguous just so Real don't lose interest.

Also, the reason Portugal have stopped him commenting on his future is so as not to disrupt their team and their training. If he was staying, the story would die and they could carry on without the interruptions. IF he wanted to stay, we'd know by know. He took longer to dodge the question earlier today than it would have done to say "how many more times, I'm staying at United". He chose to keep the circus going.

Unread 08-06-2008, 05:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
straight after the game he committed to United live on ITV. A few hours later he told the BBC "I didn't promise anyone, not the United fans, nobody"

He does this, he tells us what we want to hear then goes and says something ambiguous just so Real don't lose interest.

Also, the reason Portugal have stopped him commenting on his future is so as not to disrupt their team and their training. If he was staying, the story would die and they could carry on without the interruptions. IF he wanted to stay, we'd know by know. He took longer to dodge the question earlier today than it would have done to say "how many more times, I'm staying at United". He chose to keep the circus going.
£#%&! it then. Hound him out.

I mean, he can't possibly know more about what is going on than us and be positioning himself accordingly? Like I said earlier, Madrid are probably telling his agent that United will do business and not telling him that United have told them they won't. What would you do? If you thought the club was going to sell you?

The fact is we know nothing that hasn't been fed to us by the media. If you choose to believe the negtive and want rid of the best playerin the World, that's up to you. I prefer not to, as I have seen no evidence with which to judge him.

£#%&!in hell sniffer, if it were up to you there would be no-one left at the club has everyone has done somethig you perceive as 'Anti-United' and 1 instance should see them removed forthwith. You'd have the manager gone, Ronaldo, Probably Ferdinand, definitely the Glazers, Gill and Charlton, I could go on.

Last one out turn off the lights.

Actually, leave them on for Mark Hughes, he's on his way you know.

Unread 08-06-2008, 05:32 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
It's for the conspiracy theorists and the pessimists.

Even if he came out at the end of every match and said he was staying, the speculation wouldn't go away. How many times since the European Cup has hesaid he will be here next season in TV interviews, 3, 4? How many times has he said he wants to move or he doesn't know, in TV interviews? 0? Has the speculation ended? Immediately afte the CL Final he said live on TV he is staying. The next day the papers said he was moving to Real, although there is no footage of the 'interview' he gave to the Spanish Press saying this.

The whole agenda here is to de-stabilise player and club, from Madrid to strain the relationship so they get him sooner rather than later, Tey have said on countless occasions that they can't get him this year, they know that because of his contract, they can cause as much disruption as possible though, laying the ground work for next summer. The Spanish press are all over it at the behest of Real and to give their league a boost by implying the World's Best player is dying to move there. In England to destabilise United and get rid of a player they failed to hound out 2 years ago, weakening United in the process by using their little inglunder mentality.
Sorry Dunk but I have seen and heard him on TV being ambiguous. He himself-Ronaldo. Its not all the invention of the spanish press.

Unread 08-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

I mean, he can't possibly know more about what is going on than us and be positioning himself accordingly? Like I said earlier, Madrid are probably telling his agent that United will do business and not telling him that United have told them they won't. What would you do? If you thought the club was going to sell you?

I'd answer the manager's phone calls to find out what's happening. I don't think anyone thinks this is all United's doing.

The fact is we know nothing that hasn't been fed to us by the media. If you choose to believe the negtive and want rid of the best playerin the World, that's up to you. I prefer not to, as I have seen no evidence with which to judge him.

£#%&!in hell sniffer, if it were up to you there would be no-one left at the club has everyone has done somethig you perceive as 'Anti-United' and 1 instance should see them removed forthwith. You'd have the manager gone, Ronaldo, Probably Ferdinand, definitely the Glazers, Gill and Charlton, I could go on.

Please do go on, start by posting a link where I've said I want rid of Ferdinand. I stood by him even when he was dining with Kenyon.
Charlton - should never have apologised to Glazer for our protestm despicable thing to do - do you agree?
Gill - should have had the balls to walk after saying that the Glazer plan was dangerous and damaging, to then take the cash to see it implemented was a @#%&!'s trick.
I don't think I've publicly stated I want either Gill or Charlton out of the club but I dare say they are far from irreplaceable, unlike Ferdinand who should not be sold under any circumstances, the same goes for Ronaldo but I'm worried about how this may affect the team. No one is bigger than the club except maybe Cantona.

Not quite sure I ever said Hughes was coming but he would have been my first choice to replace Fergie. I think the was unnecessary.

Unread 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

apparently next season will be his old trafford swansong as he doesn't want to leave united with the dilema of finding a replacement at such short notice
so the best player in the world is not leaving us just yet.
i just hope he gives us a season to remember

Unread 08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not quite sure I ever said Hughes was coming but he would have been my first choice to replace Fergie. I think the was unnecessary.
I was only joking with the it was a reference to the cardinal sin Mr. Hughes has recently commited.

Are United actually phoning him though?

They didn't in 2006, Fergie even admitted it, in fact, if United are comfortable with the situation why would they? He isn't in their charge, so they can't tell him to put a statement out, and I imagine Portugal would rather he didn't as it would imply that is what he is thinking about.

I did say 'probably' Ferdinand, as most 'Top Reds' (not in the derogatory sense) wanted shut of him around the time of the contract talks.

As for Charlton, no, he shouldn't have said what he did about the fans, I doubt there is a better person for the job he fills, whether or not he should be talking about the business side of the club is a different question entirely.

Gill couldn't have stopped the takeover going ahead, he advised everyone it was bad, they took the pay off regardless. The real villains were those that tokk the payout. To walk out rather than try to manage it would've been a @#%&!'s trick, leaving the club high and dry. But we have discussed this before and whereas you would've rather seen the capitulation of the club under the Glazer control I would rather see it continue until they are got rid of, either sold out or dead. A difference of opinion.

Ronaldo isn't bigger than the club, if he moves on, we will win the league next year, and Cantona was much smaller than Ronaldo in terms of what was achieved, so he was nowhere near the size of the lub either, you are slightly blinded by adulation there.

There are countless plausible reasons for his ambiguity in the face of questioning, most seem to read the worst into it everytime though.

Unread 08-06-2008, 06:02 PM
marlo stansfield

may 21 - "i will stay at ot"

every occasion since - "i dont know"

only an idiot would use the first as a counter argument to the 2nd.

Unread 08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Just because you're wrong

Unread 08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

facts are though he is a united player and under contract he has not came out an said he wants to leave ot
he did though state after the cl final he was staying at united that is good enough for me
ronaldo has probably since been instructed by his agent to use a possible move as a bargaining chip to get more money.
we all want him to come out and say he's staying but what message does that send out if you are trying to broker a new deal ?

Unread 08-06-2008, 06:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
may 21 - "i will stay at ot"

every occasion since - "i dont know"

only an idiot would use the first as a counter argument to the 2nd.
Only an idiot would read something negative into what he has said.

If he is being told that Real are about to bid £100m by his agent via Madrid, wouldn't he think there is a chance United would accept?

What would him categorically stating he was staying at United look like if the next day United accepted the bid?

There is more to this than meets the eye, I just don't thik Ronaldo is forcing the issue and deserves to be vilified by United fans, particularly when that is exactly what the press want us to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Just because you're wrong
How am I wrong?

Show me something that has Ronaldo stating something...

a) Negative about United
b) Saying that he wants to leave

TV, quote or a reputable source will do

Unread 08-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Blagger

all this bullshit about fergie not being allowed to call ronaldo is not true.

and thats from an inside source my old man knows at united.

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Zorg

Am I the only one who found Ronaldo's confirmation that he's staying, given on the pitch in Moscow, completely unconvincing? Avoiding eye contact, shrugging and saying 'yeah I stay I stay' is hardly 100% certain.
Then again maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Am I the only one who found Ronaldo's confirmation that he's staying, given on the pitch in Moscow, completely unconvincing? Avoiding eye contact, shrugging and saying 'yeah I stay I stay' is hardly 100% certain.
I thought that but if I said it on here, I'd get slated.

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
I thought that but if I said it on here, I'd get slated.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6nq4ZysbqZE
Quote:
I've not got a problem with that, his body language wasn't the most positive, but there could be many reasons for that. He may've just bee sick of being asked.

My point is that Ronaldo should not be castigated for things he hasn't said, interpretation of things he has said and %@#$&!s written by people with an agenda. Nothing is proven.

If he hands in a transfer request or says something detrimental about United, I'm with all of you.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Luffy

isnt it very simple? the girl you dreamt of as a kid has just confessed her love to you, you've fancied the £#%&! out of her since before you knew what sex was and now she is all over you.

problem is you've been with someone for 5 years or so and you really love this person and have had some really good times.

its not the easiest call and i imagine he will be happy whatever he chooses to be fair. but its not like he has cheated on us just yet...

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
isnt it very simple? the girl you dreamt of as a kid has just confessed her love to you, you've fancied the £#%&! out of her since before you knew what sex was and now she is all over you.

problem is you've been with someone for 5 years or so and you really love this person and have had some really good times.

its not the easiest call and i imagine he will be happy whatever he chooses to be fair. but its not like he has cheated on us just yet...

I hope that's an attempt at humour

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:54 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
I've not got a problem with that, his body language wasn't the most positive, but there could be many reasons for that. He may've just bee sick of being asked.

My point is that Ronaldo should not be castigated for things he hasn't said, interpretation of things he has said and %@#$&!s written by people with an agenda. Nothing is proven.

If he hands in a transfer request or says something detrimental about United, I'm with all of you.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
thing is that regardless of whether he stays for another season or goes now he has disappointed a lot of people with his behaviour, he could have put all this to bed with a simple statement of intent, i'm staying with the best team in europe or words to that effect, he has carefully avoided giving his commitment, why? he has four years left on his contract.
IF he plays with us next season will we get 100% commitment from him, or will he spend a season at united against his will with his mind elsewhere and the thought of staying injury free paramount to him.
I would have preferred if he came straight out and said i have achieved all i set out to do with united and i am seeking new challenges, it still wouldn't have been nice but he could have avoided all the shite that is going on in the media.
Closed Thread