United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Just so I don’t feel left out: we won’t sign anyone in January, not even a new noodle partner.

Love Ole but I think it diminishes our aura when he keeps flying over to see this kid (if it’s true). It probably doesn’t help that the club employs a clown to do that job.
Absolute %@#$&!s. Fergie used to do the same to get deals over the line ffs

Unread 16-12-2019, 09:16 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Love Ole but I think it diminishes our aura when he keeps flying over to see this kid (if it’s true).
How many times has he done it now (if true)?

Unread 16-12-2019, 09:33 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
How many times has he done it now (if true)?
Twice apparently (If true).

Unread 16-12-2019, 09:38 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Twice apparently (If true).
Greta Thunberg would disapprove

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Absolute %@#$&!s. Fergie used to do the same to get deals over the line ffs
Correct, and whether we like it or not the club needs slightly more selling than we did 10 years ago.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Correct, and whether we like it or not the club needs slightly more selling than we did 10 years ago.
Exactly. 'We're the club who developed Ronaldo' is starting to get old.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Just so I don’t feel left out: we won’t sign anyone in January, not even a new noodle partner.

Love Ole but I think it diminishes our aura when he keeps flying over to see this kid (if it’s true). It probably doesn’t help that the club employs a clown to do that job.
I think the fact we've been utterly shite for about 7 years would have more to do with 'diminishing our aura' than Ole trying to sign a young player.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:30 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think the fact we've been utterly shite for about 7 years would have more to do with 'diminishing our aura' than Ole trying to sign a young player.
No question but I can’t see the manager of Dortmund flying out to try and sign a young player. The fact that we can’t send someone else out to sell him the idea of joining Manchester United gives an idea of how the club is being run.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
No question but I can’t see the manager of Dortmund flying out to try and sign a young player. The fact that we can’t send someone else out to sell him the idea of joining Manchester United gives an idea of how the club is being run.
To be fair, Ole has already worked with the lad, so he can talk to him mano a kiddo. Tell him straight what kind of role he can play at the club.

Especially important if the lad can just waltz over to Dortmund for a quick tour and a schnitzel.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:34 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Nonsense tbf. Fergie used to pick players up from the £#%&!ing airport

It’s a nice touch and can go a long way to showing a player the manager really wants you.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Ferguson went to Ryan Gigg's house to get him to sign for United.

This isn't a new thing.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Nonsense tbf. Fergie used to pick players up from the £#%&!ing airport
Maybe that's where he went wrong

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:38 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
To be fair, Ole has already worked with the lad, so he can talk to him mano a kiddo. Tell him straight what kind of role he can play at the club.

Especially important if the lad can just waltz over to Dortmund for a quick tour and a schnitzel.
Full props to Solskjaer putting the effort in but You hear of players wanting to play for managers and talking about the managers over the phone. It just feels like the way we’re dealing with it is a bit backwards.

Quote:
Ferguson went to Ryan Gigg's house to get him to sign for United.

This isn't a new thing.
Giggs lived round the corner, not in Salzburg.

It was just a point and I’ll stand by it because I’m entitled to my opinion.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Full props to Solskjaer putting the effort in but You hear of players wanting to play for managers and talking about the managers over the phone. It just feels like the way we’re dealing with it is a bit backwards.

Giggs lived round the corner, not in Salzburg.

It was just a point and I’ll stand by it because I’m entitled to my opinion.
United aren't the big fish in town any more pal. These days if you want the best up n comers you have to make them feel wanted. Sending some £#%&!ing suit out to say "We're from man united and you should feel honoured we've even bothered to come here" Isn't going to cut the mustard any more.

Personally i couldn't care if we sent solskjaer out with a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates for him as long as United sign decent players.

Unread 16-12-2019, 10:57 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
United aren't the big fish in town any more pal. These days if you want the best up n comers you have to make them feel wanted. Sending some f***ing suit out to say "We're from man united and you should feel honoured we've even bothered to come here" Isn't going to cut the mustard any more.

Personally i couldn't care if we sent solskjaer out with a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates for him as long as United sign decent players.
Agree that it’s not a massive deal, especially if he signs for us and goes on to do well for us. If it happens to be the way we deal with things from now on then so be it but It. Just think it’s something that a director of football or CEO should be doing instead of a manager that’s struggling a bit.

It either spells out desperation or Ole knows that he has the backing of the board to stay on beyond this season.

Unread 16-12-2019, 11:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Agree that it’s not a massive deal, especially if he signs for us and goes on to do well for us. If it happens to be the way we deal with things from now on then so be it but It. Just think it’s something that a director of football or CEO should be doing instead of a manager that’s struggling a bit.

It either spells out desperation or Ole knows that he has the backing of the board to stay on beyond this season.
Ultimately, the lad will do what he thinks is best for his career.

I'll admit, him having that odious troll Raiola as his agent doesn't fill me with hope.

Unread 16-12-2019, 11:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Ultimately, the lad will do what he thinks is best for his career.

I'll admit, him having that odious troll Raiola as his agent doesn't fill me with hope.
I’d love to see the top 20 clubs in Europe blackball the @#%&!. Won’t happen because they’re probably all as crooked as him.

Unread 17-12-2019, 12:01 AM
Cream

Quote:

Maybe they're prepping him for the technical director role.

Unread 17-12-2019, 12:08 AM
Ethers

Quote:

Are you £#%&!ing broken or something?

Genuinely can’t work out why you’re reading so much into Ole taking a plane to talk to a player he wants to sign.

It’s 2019 you daft #@&%!. People take a flight at the drop of a hat, it means nothing. It’s not like he’s had to get the £#%&!ing Wright Brothers involved ffs

Or are you a simpleton from some backwards shithole that hasn’t been touched by the miracle of air travel yet, so you’re a bit skeptical?

“Eh, mam, Ole has gone on that chuffin iron horse in the sky to sign players again! I tell thee, he’s asking for trouble that man!”

Unread 17-12-2019, 12:13 AM
d_knight

That escalated quickly
Closed Thread