United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-10-2023, 01:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Really?!

Perhaps I need to watch it again. I’m clearly in the minority.
I thought he was good too. Genuinely puzzled by people making out he was disabled or some such.

Unread 22-10-2023, 01:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Thought "Amrabat" played OK tbh. Still finding his feet a bit.

Unread 22-10-2023, 01:41 PM
VanHaaksbergen

He was shocking first half. Whole team were poor but he, in particular, looked hapless the moment he was turned and running back to goal. He was a yard out of every tackle, and offering nothing at retaining the ball in the middle of the park. Lucky Sheffield are the worst team in the league.

May still be coming to match fitness ..

Unread 22-10-2023, 02:18 PM
TheNew

Garbage first half, much better second.

Think he will be decent when he finally gets up to speed. Not sure he's all that long term, but we will see.

Unread 22-10-2023, 02:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
He was shocking first half. Whole team were poor but he, in particular, looked hapless the moment he was turned and running back to goal. He was a yard out of every tackle, and offering nothing at retaining the ball in the middle of the park. Lucky Sheffield are the worst team in the league.

May still be coming to match fitness ..
it's funny, but people were saying the same about cass.

maybe when (if?) we actually play a full midfield, it won't look like one hapless, unfit individual is trying to cover the whole £#%&!ing midfield and will look more like two or three fit, competent £#%&!ing bosses?

his shot that hit the bar was £#%&!ing class, too.

Unread 22-10-2023, 02:42 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's funny, but people were saying the same about cass.

maybe when (if?) we actually play a full midfield, it won't look like one hapless, unfit individual is trying to cover the whole £#%&!ing midfield and will look more like two or three fit, competent £#%&!ing bosses?

his shot that hit the bar was £#%&!ing class, too.
Playing Erikson deep with Casemiro last season coincided with our best run of form, and as much as it felt like a bit of a stop-gap measure i think it's still our best shot of controlling the midfield now. I get he doesn't have the legs anymore, but CE would simply not have been giving the ball away the way most of our lot were yesterday. How many opportunities would Sheffield have gotten if we hadn't started their £#%&!ing moves off for them?

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:38 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
Henry Winter: Sofyan Amrabat is just what Manchester United’s midfield needs. He brings energy, tackling and sensible distribution, he’s tactically smart and good vocally. He can play as a single pivot as with Morocco so effectively at the World Cup, screening the defence, seen particularly when knocking Spain out in Qatar. He’s smart and quick to cover for full-backs when they push up (as with Achraf Hakimi in Qatar).

He can split the centre backs and take the ball off André Onana. He can also work as a double pivot as seen at Fiorentina and push on more. Amrabat excelled in the Europa Conference League final against West Ham United despite losing. He missed a late chance in Prague, though. He’s not been big on assists or goals but he will certainly stop Casemiro being so isolated and will prevent United’s midfield from being so easily run through. Amrabat, 27, should settle quickly and it helps that he obviously knows Erik ten Hag from Utrecht. Good signing.
Looking forward to seeing this

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:02 PM
AK14

He’s very slow and runs weirdly.

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s very slow and runs weirdly.
Probably not best to risk the whole hopes of an existing shit midfield on a loan player then . We have two proper CMs at the club. He’s been asked to turn into prime pirlo/scholes. Casemiro looks like he’s gone to shit form and injuries.

Same old issue. Last season Casemiro was pulling out top performances on his own . It’s such a poor way of doing things relying so heavily on one player. This season we are doing it again

Shit recruitment rears it’s head again .

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:06 PM
Sparky***

Well I for one am stunned that yet another last ditch panic loan signing from a mid table Italian club hasn’t revolutionised our team.

Stunned.

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:18 PM
Ethers

As I said in the summer, pretty obvious this guy was a fallback option if other things didn’t come off.

Clearly not good enough to be a top target for that position, but for a loan signing you can’t really complain.

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Absolutely £#%&!....

Game passes him by for a so called holding rough tackler......

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:23 PM
NedKelly

The one smudge on my reputation as an identifier of top footballing talent.

Would love to see a foot race between him and Onana.

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:45 PM
believe

I thought we were buying him and the loan was done due to his amazing service and desire to join his boyhood team?

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:50 PM
Bunker Buster

United will pay £8.5m (€10m) to take Amrabat on loan with an option to make the deal permanent for £21.4m

Currently only 8.5m

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:53 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Probably not best to risk the whole hopes of an existing shit midfield on a loan player then . We have two proper CMs at the club. He’s been asked to turn into prime pirlo/scholes. Casemiro looks like he’s gone to shit form and injuries.

Same old issue. Last season Casemiro was pulling out top performances on his own . It’s such a poor way of doing things relying so heavily on one player. This season we are doing it again

Shit recruitment rears its head again .
Explain buying mount then.

ETH top target at the beginning of the window

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:54 PM
Dacter

Slug

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Explain buying mount then.

ETH top target at the beginning of the window
I assumed he'd seen something in Mount to convert him into Eriksen's position - but seeing as Mount is fit and he's playing The Scottish Player there instead now for some reason and starting Eriksen anyway maybe he's lost his bottle/mind?

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:57 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Never thought I’d want to see Fred back but here we are…

Unread 30-10-2023, 01:44 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Never thought I’d want to see Fred back but here we are…
we got rid of Fred and signed two players who are inferior to him in mount and amrabat.