United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2020, 01:21 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can't say I'm particularly inspired by any of them tbh, just get 2 or 3 in and let's crack on to the next window.
Maddison is top class.

Unread 03-01-2020, 01:23 PM
redhegemony

Grealish was excellent against us at home - seems to be comfortable on the big stage,

Unread 03-01-2020, 01:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Grealish was excellent against us at home - seems to be comfortable on the big stage,
And a significant upgrade on Pereira, Lingard and Mata. Though the sticking point appears to be whether it’s a 60% or 65% improvement. Until we know for sure I say we do nothing.

Unread 03-01-2020, 01:33 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
And a significant upgrade on Pereira, Lingard and Mata. Though the sticking point appears to be whether it’s a 60% or 65% improvement. Until we know for sure I say we do nothing.
I'd keep Anders - decent squad player - and ship out the other 2.

Unread 03-01-2020, 01:44 PM
puressence

thing is i like these players just feel id give gomes a run in that position , feel hes just never been given a run of games and hes good very good

Unread 03-01-2020, 01:47 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
thing is i like these players just feel id give gomes a run in that position , feel hes just never been given a run of games and hes good very good
Not ready - game too quick for him at the moment. It's a pivotal position we need someone who can slot in straight away.

Look at Garner - needs careful introduction.

Unread 03-01-2020, 01:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Maddison is top class.
He's alright, not convinced he's top class and would cost the budget for the year.

Unread 03-01-2020, 02:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
He doesn’t want to play for us anymore, does he? I could join Howson’s patreon group and find out I suppose, but I’d rather nail my testes to the dining room table than give that fat £#%&! a penny.

Unread 03-01-2020, 02:10 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's alright, not convinced he's top class and would cost the budget for the year.
If we can sign him this month and get Kroos as part of the Pogba sale, we should at least have something to work with for the rest of the season.

Unread 03-01-2020, 02:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
If we can sign him this month and get Kroos as part of the Pogba sale, we should at least have something to work with for the rest of the season.
That would be all you'd have to work with until 2021.

£#%&! all chance of Kroos ever playing for Manchester United.

Unread 03-01-2020, 02:22 PM
utd99

Quote:
Funny one Kroos. On the one hand he’s been a great player in his time, would be a real role model for our young players and would make our midfield so much better overnight; but he’s not young any more, or as good as he once was. It would feel like a reversal of the route Ole is trying to go in.

Whatever else he is, Pogba has real value in the market, and it would feel like trading a chunk of that in for a player whose value would be zero in two years time. I could see both sides of this, but not sure which is the right call.

Unread 03-01-2020, 05:38 PM
sweetleftfoot

I have to admit to admiring the shithousery of Grealish. Would dovetail nicely playing in front of the nasty butterfly emerging from the Scott The Scottish Player pupae.

And I dont care what he is worth, we should make Pogba go to Uncle£#%&!er Arkansas FC on loan til the end of his contract. It's not MUFC money anymore, it's the gimps debt. £#%&! that fat shite of an agent right up.

Unread 03-01-2020, 05:49 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
the nasty butterfly emerging from the Scott The Scottish Player pupae.

he's garbage mate

Unread 03-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Switching Off

Unread 03-01-2020, 10:52 PM
Whiteside onside

Probably go to a club with Champions league football sadly.

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Vedder

Outperforming Maddison tonight. Lovely player

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:53 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
‘Todd’ :snigger:

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:01 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Outperforming Maddison tonight. Lovely player
I don't think hes a top ranker but hes miles better than what we have, and I presume he's gettable. We should have been straight in for him on the 1st before the cup. As it was I dont think he played in the FA cup game but how were we to know?

We could probably bung them Young aswell given his history there.

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:04 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I don't think hes a top ranker but hes miles better than what we have, and I presume he's gettable. We should have been straight in for him on the 1st before the cup. As it was I dont think he played in the FA cup game but how were we to know?

We could probably bung them Young aswell given his history there.
Surely we 'line up transfers ' and work goes on behind the scenes prior to the window opening?

Well you would hope. I'm not convinced...

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:42 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Surely we 'line up transfers ' and work goes on behind the scenes prior to the window opening?

Well you would hope. I'm not convinced...
We'll bid £25m on 30th Jan.
Closed Thread