Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2020, 03:56 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Get rid of pogba and get him signed.
said that back in the summer window and got slated for it

some of you lot were calling me Jack at the time

we have no shot of getting him now since he signed a new deal to keep him at Villa Park until 2025

Unread 13-11-2020, 04:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
said that back in the summer window and got slated for it

some of you lot were calling me Jack at the time

we have no shot of getting him now since he signed a new deal to keep him at Villa Park until 2025
True. Can’t recall a player ever transferring to another club while under contract tbh.

Unread 13-11-2020, 04:37 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
True. Can’t recall a player ever transferring to another club while under contract tbh.

Unread 13-11-2020, 04:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Unread 13-11-2020, 04:39 PM
suedeshoes

Don't like him (the hair, the shin pads, the accent) and have long thought he's overrated but I've seen him play a lot over the last few months and he's changed my mind. Proper player.

Unread 13-11-2020, 04:42 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
ffs...if we weren't going to pay the 60-70m they wanted when he only had a year left on his contract, you think we'll pay it now when they are going to demand 80m plus?

your sarcasm is duly noted though....

Unread 13-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Lok

Quote:
ffs...if we weren't going to pay the 60-70m they wanted when he only had a year left on his contract, you think we'll pay it now when they are going to demand 80m plus?

your sarcasm is duly noted though....
New to United pal? We bloody love spending more money on players later on than we needed to. It's the Woodward way.

We literally waited for Fellani's release clause to expire before buying him for £6m more.

We even let Pogba leave before signing him back for £90m.

Unread 13-11-2020, 04:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
I don’t. I replied solely and completely to be a dick.

Unread 13-11-2020, 04:53 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
I don’t. I replied solely and completely to be a dick.
lol....yeah i completely got that

woodward was the dick for not signing him or sancho this summer

Unread 14-11-2020, 01:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
lol....yeah i completely got that

woodward was the dick for not signing him or sancho this summer
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing eh? I recall most on here thinking he was over priced and overrated in the ‘I don’t want Jack Grealish’ thread. BK knew though...

Unread 14-11-2020, 01:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing eh? I recall most on here thinking he was over priced and overrated in the ‘I don’t want Jack Grealish’ thread. BK knew though...
Hi, Ed.

Unread 14-11-2020, 01:03 PM
utd99

Always someone.

Unread 14-11-2020, 01:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Still not convinced he's the right fit for us at £80m+ tbh. Had they been relegated and we'd picked him up for £40-50m, great.. His best work seems to come from LW, which is the same as every other attacking player on our books atm hence being less inclined to want him here. The other glaring weaknesses need addressing ffs.

Unread 14-11-2020, 03:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Still not convinced he's the right fit for us at £80m+ tbh. Had they been relegated and we'd picked him up for £40-50m, great.. His best work seems to come from LW, which is the same as every other attacking player on our books atm hence being less inclined to want him here. The other glaring weaknesses need addressing ffs.
A totally reasonable opinion and one that’ll probably get you accused if being a Glazer shill by the Walking Dead on here.

Unread 14-11-2020, 03:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You've got a point but this team is badly lacking any kind of forward thinking midfielders who can carry the ball at feet towards the opposition box and actually do something with it.

Bruno is on his own in that respect until our manager decides to play our £38 million quid signing from Ajax, as the rest of our midfield are absolute £#%&!ing dog dirt.

Unread 14-11-2020, 03:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
You've got a point but this team is badly lacking any kind of forward thinking midfielders who can carry the ball at feet towards the opposition box and actually do something with it.

Bruno is on his own in that respect until our manager decides to play our £38 million quid signing from Ajax, as the rest of our midfield are absolute £#%&!ing dog dirt.
Solskjaer has obviously concluded we need two deep midfielders shielding this defence, and the results suggest he’s correct, so if you’re going to have only four dedicated attack minded players they better be £#%&!ing good. 4-2-3-1 with Bruno, VdB and Ronaldo interchanging behind a proper 9, with some additional input from Telles on the right and it’s hard to under estimate how much better we’d be.

Unread 14-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Solskjaer has obviously concluded we need two deep midfielders shielding this defence, and the results suggest he’s correct, so if you’re going to have only four dedicated attack minded players they better be £#%&!ing good. 4-2-3-1 with Bruno, VdB and Ronaldo interchanging behind a proper 9, with some additional input from Telles on the right and it’s hard to under estimate how much better we’d be.
He's a left back isn't he?

Unread 14-11-2020, 05:18 PM
dunk

Quote:

I agree entirely. We need more brains in the team, but another player that wants to be on the left wing just increases the imbalance. If we had a decent DM, a midfield playmaker, a RW and a proper left sided CB, then I’d be all over improving the options at LW.

Unread 14-11-2020, 05:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
He's a left back isn't he?
Yep.

Unread 16-12-2020, 10:45 AM
Ethers

Drink driving #@&%!
Closed Thread