United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Reply
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 09:51 PM
redredemption77
 
Default Manchester United vs Brighton EPL 14.00 10/11/19 OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD

Desperate 3 points needed to motor up the table

70/30: Scott TcMonimay, Harry Maguire

50/50: Lindeloeuf

Definitely OUT: Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Diogo Dalot, Angel Gomes, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Eric Bailly, Luke Shaw, Axel Tuanzebe

Ashley Young suspended. (Huzzah!)

Hopefully a start for Williams. Take a bit of confidence into this game.

Brighton have won 2 out of the last 3 against us

Would love to see Greenwood tearing it up.

4-1Yanited
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 09:55 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredemption77
Desperate 3 points needed to motor up the table

70/30: Scott TcMonimay, Harry Maguire

50/50: Lindeloeuf

Definitely OUT: Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Diogo Dalot, Angel Gomes, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Eric Bailly, Luke Shaw, Axel Tuanzebe

Ashley Young suspended. (Huzzah!)

Hopefully a start for Williams. Take a bit of confidence into this game.

Brighton have won 2 out of the last 3 against us

Would love to see Greenwood tearing it up.

4-1Yanited
Now he has come out of his shell it's clear he's a good egg.
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 09:56 PM
redredemption77
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Now he has come out of his shell it's clear he's a good egg.
Definitely has a soft centre
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 10:00 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredemption77
Definitely has a soft centre


Yeah, he's not what he's cracked up to be

Anyway, good thread. I agree with your prediction - think we will be too much for them by about 60 minutes and we'll get some goals.
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 10:05 PM
Soviet
 
Default

De Gea

Bissaka Maguire Rojo Williams

Fred McTominay

Mata

Lingard Martial Rashford

Mata and Lingard off after being shit, 1-1. Pereira and James on, 2-1. Greenwood on 82 mins.
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 10:07 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
De Gea

Bissaka Maguire Rojo Williams

Fred McTominay

Mata

Lingard Martial Rashford

Mata and Lingard off after being shit, 1-1. Pereira and James on, 2-1. Greenwood on 82 mins.
You don't think he'll go for a back 3?
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 10:21 PM
Soviet
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
You don't think he'll go for a back 3?
The odd time we've had a back 3, i've liked how we've played. Seems to really suit this squad. But is that us or the opposition being shit

If Lindelof is 50/50 will Ole risk; Jones, Maguire and Rojo, not sure he will, I've had enough of Jones anyway. Personally wouldnt start Mata or Lingard, but got a feeling Ole will. We'll see.

When Pogba is fit, where would you play him with a back 3 ?, and who would you play in midfield ?
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 10:26 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
The odd time we've had a back 3, i've liked how we've played. Seems to really suit this squad. But is that us or the opposition being shit

If Lindelof is 50/50 will Ole risk; Jones, Maguire and Rojo, not sure he will, I've had enough of Jones anyway. Personally wouldnt start Mata or Lingard, but got a feeling Ole will. We'll see.

When Pogba is fit, where would you play him with a back 3 ?, and who would you play in midfield ?
Yeah, can see Mata starting to be honest.

Pogba with a back 3? No place for him other than on the right perhaps and coming in?

Back 5

McTomineh Fred

Pogba Martial Rashford

Pogba can't work in a 2 so he's out I'm afraid most likely.
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 10:28 PM
Soviet
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Yeah, can see Mata starting to be honest.

Pogba with a back 3? No place for him other than on the right perhaps and coming in?

Back 5

McTomineh Fred

Pogba Martial Rashford

Pogba can't work in a 2 so he's out I'm afraid most likely.
I was thinking about this the other day, that i've liked us playing with a back 3, then thought.... what do we do with Pogba, and how do we get the best from him in that.
 
Unread 09-11-2019, 10:29 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
I was thinking about this the other day, that i've liked us playing with a back 3, then thought.... what do we do with Pogba, and how do we get the best from him in that.
Don't think we do to be honest.

Anyway, we should have enough for tomorrow....I hope.....
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Coracao
 
Default

Back 3 at home to Brighton?

f*** right off.
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Hands of Scone
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Now he has come out of his shell it's clear he's a good egg.
Heís about as robust as a Lindt egg
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:04 PM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

Pereira keeps his place

Nice to see Williams start
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Soviet
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Pereira keeps his place

Nice to see Williams start
Surprised he didnít start Mata. Iím kind of glad though. I might regret that after this game, weíll soon find out.
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Sparky***
 
Default


maguire captain
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Chris Quayd
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Decent team under the circumstances. Where's Matic?
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Drexl
 
Default

Seeing fred in the team is like happily bumping into an old female friend, who you used to have a great laugh with and you haven't seen for ages, but she has her boring, jealous, moody husband with her

or summat
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:45 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Seeing fred in the team is like happily bumping into an old female friend, who you used to have a great laugh with and you haven't seen for ages, but she has her boring, jealous, moody husband with her

or summat
seeing fred in the team is like seeing an distinctly average footballer do distinctly average things for 90 mins.
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:48 PM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
seeing fred in the team is like seeing an distinctly average footballer do distinctly average things for 90 mins.
This sounds about right.

Although it's an improvement on seeing awful footballer doing awful things for 90 minutes, which is where Fred was at last season.
 
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:50 PM
no fun
 
Default

Seeing Fred in the team is the reason I gave my ticket away
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Manchester United vs Brighton EPL 14.00 10/11/19 OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United vs Partizan Belgrade OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD 7/11/19 20.00 Europa League redredemption77 Manchester United Match Thread Archive 189 08-11-2019 11:20 PM
Chelsea vs Manchester United CARABAO CUP 20:05 . 30/10/19 OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD redredemption77 Manchester United Match Thread Archive 247 01-11-2019 06:19 AM
Manchester United v Brighton Official Match Thread armchair Manchester United Match Thread Archive 230 20-01-2019 05:28 PM
Official Matchday thread believe Site Info, Suggestions & Feedback 5 11-08-2013 11:57 AM
*Official* United v Ajax Match Thread- Teams and Awesome Matchday Graphics Sparky*** Manchester United Match Thread Archive 470 24-02-2012 11:11 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.